Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you are having issues freezing in NCAA Football 13, after Title Update #1, please list ALL SPECIFICS HERE. We'll send it over to EA Sports to take a look at.
  • Which console
  • Online/Offline
  • Mode
  • Where does it happen exactly? Cut scene, halftime, studio update, during gameplay, etc.
  • Post the name of your dynasty, as well as Gamertag/PSN ID
If you are not having any freezing issues, don't bother responding.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 VTlion @ 08/03/12 12:01 AM
PS3
Dynasty
In the second season of my dynasty at week 11+. When I start a game it freezes during the first in game update, or when ever I run a no huddle. I have not been able to get out of the first 2 minutes of a game after the update. Even if I delete the update or tuner I still have the same problem, making this game unplayable for me. I only play the offline dynasty. This makes it very frustrating, just hoping that there will be a patch that fixes the problem.
name:default, vtdynasty
psn: elithelion

# 42 cdj @ 08/03/12 12:07 AM
Which console: PS3
Online/Offline: Offline
Mode: Online Dynasty
Where does it happen exactly? Week 5, Texas Tech (CPU) at Iowa State (OC). End of game, just before endgame cutscenes. Froze with stadium backdrop in background. Fight song finishes playing, but unable to do anything. Had to press power button on system. Was letting everything play out, was not pressing X to skip scenes. (So far, only happened once. Yet to replay.)
Post the name of your dynasty, as well as Gamertag/PSN ID: TGTPS3OD, cdj

# 43 CyHawk @ 08/03/12 12:26 PM
Console: 360
Gamertag: ii CyHawk

Freezing: It's frozen on me twice now while recruiting or scouting, I didn't have one single issue with freezing anywhere before the patch so its quite disappointing.

# 44 michigan21 @ 08/03/12 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Isolating an issue can be assisted by reports of what DOESN'T freeze as well. So I'll add I have had ZERO freezes on my 360 in three+ seasons, but I've only played offline dynasty and avoided using Teambuilder, custom conferences, custom playbooks - pretty much all the lil add-ons I used to use that last year caused me buku freezes.

Me thinks the issues are related to those features, or other modes than offline dynasty.
Same here, and I have freezes in game every time. So I dont think thats it.

# 45 Justino28 @ 08/03/12 01:25 PM
console: ps3
offline/ online: pre game
mode: pre game
where does it happen? whenever i watch the intro....then i press start to enter the game...it freezes.
if i skip the intro its fine

# 46 Art01 @ 08/03/12 03:57 PM
I have a 360 Slim about a year old and with a 250 Gig HD.

I have not yet had a game-ending freeze, but I have experienced a number of momentary frame freezes during game play. Some of these freezes have lasted for several seconds before the game resumed to complete the play sequence. I have seen several of these incidences in every game I have played. I have only played individual games in the Coach A Game mode - no Dynasty play.

I have not seen these momentary freezes in previous editions of NCAA.

# 47 gdub8 @ 08/03/12 03:59 PM
Which console: Xbox
Online/Offline: Online
Mode: Dynasty
Where does it happen exactly? During gameplay in the 4th up 51-11 on defense. 3rd and 19 with 1:23 to go in the game. I have my 2nd string in
Post the name of your dynasty, as well as Gamertag/PSN ID: NCAAFKINGS ; Gamertag = dub

# 48 humanprototype @ 08/03/12 04:23 PM
I hereby declare this to be the biggest disappointment in sports video game history. Just played a game on my offline dynasty(ps3) and actually enjoyed it for the first time. Greatest experience i have had with an EA sports title EVER! Tie game and tossed the hail mary with 2 seconds left. My reciever breaks away and, God bless him, he catches it and scores for the underdog win. My heart was racing and i told myself that this was the reason i bought the game. For approximately 12 seconds i thought i needed to get on the forums and take back all the mean things i had said about this game... but lo and behold, i kick the extra point and the mf'er freezes on an overhead of tha gd stadium. I have never been so let down by a freakin video game, i mean it's just a video game. It shouldnt make me feel like this. It should be fun and exciting. Not a massive buildup to a total screwup. I have had ZERO FREEZES.I download an update thats supposed to address freezing issues and now suddenly i have freezing issues. I'll be returning this f'n game asap and it will be the last ea sports product i buy. Hell, i may give up on games completely. Great job, EA! I say that with more sarcasm than ou could possibly know!

# 49 alexgators1 @ 08/03/12 04:47 PM
  • Which console: XBOX 360
  • Online/Offline: Online
  • Happens on loading screen right before the game starts.
  • Only happens when I am using a custom playbook for both offense and defense.
  • Gamertag: TheAnswer727

# 50 Burke @ 08/03/12 05:16 PM
Xbox360
Dynasty
Cut scene, during gameplay. Cut scene mostly.
Auburnfan128

# 51 bigbob @ 08/03/12 11:55 PM
Figures, I don't freeze once until the patch comes out to "fix" the problem...

Which console PS3
Online/Offline Offline
Mode Dynasty
Where does it happen exactly? "Play Selection" screen
Dynasty Name/PSN Default1/big-bob78

# 52 Smythers51 @ 08/04/12 01:51 AM
While doing a user game it was working every time the other guy got the ball first, but when I got the ball it would lose connection before my guys get to the line of scrimmage, ps3 online and it happened 4 times in a row.

# 53 bruinkid626 @ 08/04/12 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Figures, I don't freeze once until the patch comes out to "fix" the problem...
Same thing here. I've been able to put up with all these other bugs in the game, but now my game has frozen for the 3rd time tonight. Once during recruiting. Once in the dynasty menu. And finally right after I finish a game.

Haven't experienced any freezing before the patch (2 seasons). Damn it EA.

• PS3
  • Dynasty
  • Recruiting board, during & after games.
  • bruinkid626

# 54 shaunbot @ 08/04/12 05:22 AM
Console: Xbox 360
Where does it happen:

It happened after super simming the final quarter of Vanderbilt/Wake Forrest year two. It froze at the first screen shot of the game.

Name of your dynasty: Vandy1

Gamer tag: twist of lemon

# 55 scotty1011 @ 08/04/12 02:33 PM
Whichconsole – Xbox 360
Mode– Dynasty
Where does it happen exactly?

This happened week 2 in my season 2 offline dynasty during a replay or highlight cutscene. This is the same freeze that happened before I downloaded the update and in the exact same week of the dynasty. It’s always week 2, I had this happened 3 times in two different offline dynasties and in different seasons. Always week 2!!! The first time it happened after halftime, second time it happened during the 3rd quarter and just now for the third time in week 2 it happenedduring the 2nd quarter. For me it always happens during Week 2 dynasty!!!

# 56 redcometix @ 08/04/12 03:23 PM
Which console: 360
Offline Dynasty
Where does it happen exactly? Right after the 2nd half kickoff. Play ended, and then it froze.
Dynasty Name: DEFAULT
GT: Godgers Rodgers

# 57 FranklinMVP @ 08/04/12 03:46 PM
Which console: New 360S
Online/Offline: Offline
Where does it happen exactly?: During coaching Carousel
Post the name of your dynasty, as well as Gamertag/PSN ID: Default1/Erbaugh

This has happened both seasons I've played in Dynasty. The first season I just skipped it to play the next season because I was keeping the same job anyway, but now I want new job and I can't get one. Both times it's been when a school has been looking for a new DC and the screen with 6 candidates comes up, and then freezes. I can't even skip to my next offer because it freezes at the same job every time. Am I the only one that's having this problem? It's completely made the game unplayable as now I either have to stay as an OC or not play the game.

# 58 JoeC @ 08/04/12 07:17 PM
console: ps3
offline/ online: online dynasty
mode: online dynasty
where does it happen? at completion of a game right before the game goes to start showing the post game stuff has done this now in 5 out of 7 games post patch only had 1 freeze prior to the patch.

# 59 T U R N E Rx901 @ 08/04/12 09:46 PM
Which console: Xbox 360

Online/Offline: Online

Where does it happen exactly? Scrolling around in Dynasty. For me, it happened as soon as I scrolled once from left to right, from "Bowl Week" to "Dynasty Central." Apparently for our other users it happens whenever you scroll anywhere.

Dynasty name: Real NCAA (I quit, so I'm no longer in it.)
Gamertag: T U R N E Rx901

# 60 fudgie @ 08/05/12 01:15 AM
Whichconsole – Xbox 360
Mode– Dynasty
Where does it happen exactly?

As the offensive coordinator during the super sim after a scoring drive. The "game log" fails to load the most recent plays and any option I select automatically leads to the game freezing. Unable to play through a single game without it freezing at some point after a touchdown.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.