Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you are having issues freezing in NCAA Football 13, after Title Update #1, please list ALL SPECIFICS HERE. We'll send it over to EA Sports to take a look at.
  • Which console
  • Online/Offline
  • Mode
  • Where does it happen exactly? Cut scene, halftime, studio update, during gameplay, etc.
  • Post the name of your dynasty, as well as Gamertag/PSN ID
If you are not having any freezing issues, don't bother responding.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 mabeysup @ 08/07/12 04:19 PM
PS3

Offline Dynasty

Just finished the off season of year 3. Week 1 of season 4 I had a bye, finished recruiting and went to advance my week to week 2. The game has me at week 15. All teams are 0-0. The BCS Ticker on the bottom shows team rankings in alphabetical? order. The only option to advance to is the conference championship week. None of the ESPN tab stats show anything. Award finalists is empty, BCS rankings are empty etc. When I try to advance to conference championships it just loads forever and does nothing. Did I just lose 3 seasons?

# 82 cpar2380 @ 08/07/12 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpar2380
Which console: 360
Online/Offline: offline
Mode: dynasty
Where does it happen exactly? many times - right before halftime, right after halftime, at end of game during player celebration and especially when the gametrack graphics come up
Post the name of your dynasty: TBeggen dynasty is AAAARRRGGGH
Also forgot to mention this has happened with 3 different copies of the game (2 new copies after I returned the first one).

# 83 cwalke3408 @ 08/07/12 11:15 PM
Xbox
Dynasty

While im recruiting doing my phone calls and stuff the game randomly freezes. It froze on me while was I making a phone call, once when leaven the my target room and once while in the my target room.

# 84 jhunt26 @ 08/08/12 01:14 AM
Xbox 360
It's frozen multiple times near the end of a dynasty game while super-simming until "on field."

Edit: It just froze for the first time while showing the "stills" after the game.

# 85 TreyDobbs @ 08/08/12 05:17 AM
I have yet to incur an freeze while in gameplay since the update. Although, I have incurred a couple of freezes in online dynasty when entering recruiting mode. This is on the Xbox 360.

# 86 ruralcarrier10 @ 08/08/12 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyDobbs
I have yet to incur an freeze while in gameplay since the update. Although, I have incurred a couple of freezes in online dynasty when entering recruiting mode. This is on the Xbox 360.
I did the update last night so I could get updated rosters and coaching edits.

Then today in my offline dynasty (season 3), I advanced out of preseason, and it went to week 15. Thanks EA.

# 87 Effect360 @ 08/09/12 01:08 AM
Console: 360

Offline/Online: Online Dynasty

Gamertag: Effect360

Issue:

Game freezes 40% of the time during the ending highlights and graphics. Sometimes if you skip the animations and replays it doesn't freeze up. Other times if you let it go all the way through it freezes when the replays start. Playbooks and uniforms don't seem to affect it one way or the other. It has frozen using defaults and frozen using customs. With that being said...

I understand that EA has a lot on its table each year in preparing this game. However, when the basic usage of the game causes it to crash there is an apparent lack of testing. These online dynasties have not been tested to the quality that we have come to expect from a manufacturer who charges $60 for a title. I know I am probably beating a Boise State Bronco to death here... EA please, for your fans, fix this game. I really enjoy playing the game when it does work. But if you continue to put out lackluster products then I will have to take my business elsewhere.

# 88 Damyj @ 08/09/12 09:52 AM
Which Console: PS3

Online/Offline: Offline

Mode: Dynasty

Where Does It Happen Exactly: The opening screen of Create-A-Prospect and throughout the Recruiting part.

# 89 Damyj @ 08/09/12 10:03 AM
Effect360 @ 08/09/12 05:08 AM

Console: 360

Offline/Online: Online Dynasty

Gamertag: Effect360

Issue:

Game freezes 40% of the time during the ending highlights and graphics. Sometimes if you skip the animations and replays it doesn't freeze up. Other times if you let it go all the way through it freezes when the replays start. Playbooks and uniforms don't seem to affect it one way or the other. It has frozen using defaults and frozen using customs. With that being said...

I understand that EA has a lot on its table each year in preparing this game. However, when the basic usage of the game causes it to crash there is an apparent lack of testing. These online dynasties have not been tested to the quality that we have come to expect from a manufacturer who charges $60 for a title. I know I am probably beating a Boise State Bronco to death here... EA please, for your fans, fix this game. I really enjoy playing the game when it does work. But if you continue to put out lackluster products then I will have to take my business elsewhere.

To Effect360: Possibly the most sad/bad part of all this is the simple fact that, in order to be able to play NCAA Football or even Madden for that matter, there is no where else in your words to;
"take your business elsewhere."
EA Sports has created a monopoly and now the have 100% complete power.
I would not necessarily have a problem with that given the fact that they can and have the ability to make great games, but at the same time it's almost like they don't care to take their absolute time and make sure this games work properly.
Now, I'm starting to wonder if Madden 13 will have these some freezing problems.

# 90 catholictiger @ 08/09/12 12:00 PM
Catholictiger

offline dynasty

Issue: (possibly resolved)

So it seems that when I use a custom playbook I am not able to finish games every single game that I have used using my custom playbook it freezes late in the game.

here are my freezes in as much detail as I can remember

game 1 LSU vs Idaho, at the end of the 3rd qrt when the graphic game up like a commercial break for ESPN froze in the first few seconds.

game 2 LSU vs Idaho, I was replaying game one, I like to play all my games to avoid players getting serious injuries so I played this one. But during a game update midway through the 3rd qrt game froze yet again, begining of the graphic.

game 3 LSU vs Washington, restarted dynasty, I played the entier game simming the end of the 3rd qrt to try and get past the 3rd qrt issue, got to the end of the game skipped video highlights and it froze on the second picture graphic.

possible solution. turning off custom playbook seems to have worked.

I have played about 6 to 10 games on NCAA 13.

game 1 was with no customization for anything worked

game 2 same things some stadium sounds.

game 3 I add custom playbook can't get it to work

game 4 game freezes again (see game 1 above)

game 5 game freezes again (see game 2 above)

game 6 game freezes again (see game 3 above)

game 7 with no custom playbooks it gets through the entire game.

Note I excluded games I quit early

# 91 LE_Funt @ 08/09/12 12:11 PM
PS3
Dynasty
Froze right after the game ended where I QB kneeled to kill the clock. Not happy.

# 92 Lil Worm @ 08/09/12 12:44 PM
My freezes have came in dynasty during the end of quarter 1 and going into the 4th. I have started skipping all animations and gametrack and it has eliminated the freezes. Studio updates do not give me any problems so im able to see them atleast. There is more issues than freezing in this game.........with that said IMO the game would be the best ncaa game to date if the freezing can be fixed.

# 93 mistaric @ 08/09/12 03:21 PM
  • Which console - XBOX 360
  • Online/Offline - Offline
  • Mode - Dynasty Mode
  • Where does it happen exactly? Cut scene, halftime, studio update, during gameplay, etc. - after the patch from EA sports, i played my first game it worked fine. my next game, i got all the way thru the game, and it froze at the end during highlights. played again and same thing happened. using the American University team builder team i created. am in week 8-9ish of my dynasty. so for the last 2 games, prior to playing, i've edited a player or two on my roster (mostly equipment updates/modifications), then saved dynasty, hit save again till it showed there were no files to be saved, and then played the game and it allowed me to play full game w/o freezing.
  • Post the name of your dynasty, as well as Gamertag/PSN ID gamertag mistaric21.

# 94 lovisloveric @ 08/09/12 03:37 PM
  • Which console - XBOX 360
  • Online/Offline - Offline
  • Mode - Dynasty Mode

Any type of reply... 3rdQ game track ALL THE TIME

if i can be so lucky get pass that, it hits me after the game is over when they start doing that camera snapping crap

Gamertag: Ericdajerk

# 95 jason153 @ 08/09/12 04:14 PM
PS3 freezing as I go into recruiting tab, occasionally as I try to load a new weekly game, but always as I try to recruit. Once I turned the visit assistance on and it let me power thru, but that doesn't seem to work now. I have tried to change everything on it's own, but no luck. A few times it went thru after I dumped the tuning update.

I just wish that the game would be consistently playable before they release the product. It has been out for a month now and I'm stuck in week 9 season 2, with no help in sight until the end of the month.

# 96 Ultimo @ 08/09/12 04:33 PM
GAmertag: Ultimo WW

Which console: 360

Online/Offline: offline & online

Mode: dynasty

Where does it happen exactly: At the recruit menu the game just freezes up. Also happens if u let the replays go on after the game.

I've supported EA spots since the 90s like many of you guys and I think that I have just about had it with there buggy sport titles. This might be the last year I buy this game and I won't by this year's Madden either unless this game is bug free. Every year its the same thing and if your paying top money for these games, then u should not have to worry about the same ongoing issues yearly (especially ncaa & madden).

# 97 Skulletor @ 08/09/12 04:57 PM
crashes when trying to load recruit screen/change depth chart
the crash goes away after reboot

now it crashes sometimes when trying to play a CPU controlled game, in the loading screen (just like old times)

classic EA

# 98 ODogg @ 08/10/12 01:44 AM
Which console: Xbox 360
Online/Offline Offline
Mode Offline Dynasty
Where does it happen exactly? halftime--right when the halftime graphic first comes up on the screen

Post the name of your dynasty, as well as Gamertag/PSN ID: Default, Catch22

# 99 weeeeeeez @ 08/10/12 03:15 AM
Which console Xbox

Online/Offline Offline

Mode Dynasty

Where does it happen exactly? Cut scene, halftime, studio update, during gameplay, etc. After the game was over and right before I could get to the post game menu in the middle of a screen change Brad's voice cut out.

Feel like I was just trolled by this game again seeing as it hasn't frozen at all the past week.

# 100 weeeeeeez @ 08/10/12 07:34 PM
On a freezing extravaganza now. Here is a perfect example of where the game freezes 99% of the time for me.

Attachment 48051

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.