Home
News Post

It's that time of the year again! We are seeking multiple staff writers for the busiest time of the year for us!

Staff Writer

Are you a hardcore sports gamer? Do you feel you want to share your passion and knowledge with over a million readers monthly?

Well we've got a gig for you! Operation Sports is currently seeking new staff writers with several positions open. We are seeking talented writers who can cover a variety of sports games with both features and review opportunities. Also there is the potential for travel to game events.

Residency in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver, and New York City is a plus!

We are looking for writers who avidly play at least two of the following games: Madden, NCAA Football, NBA 2K, EA's NBA Live, MLB: The Show.

If you are an avid i-Device sports game player or a player on other mobile platforms we'd love to talk to you as well.
If you are interested please send the following with OS Staff Writer as the subject to our Executive Editor Chris Sanner at [email protected]:

Your Name
Your Location
Your OS Username
Your Twitter Handle
A Resume Detailing Previous Writing Experience
A sample feature and review, both need to be under 500 words apiece (published authors welcome to bring links to the table)
What Games do you play avidly?
What consoles do you own?
How many articles a week are you comfortable with writing?

Failure to meet any of the requirements listed above will result in your dismissal from consideration. Thus...don't be a fool and follow directions. Ok? Can't wait to hear from you all!

Be sure to read the full details of the position here.

Member Comments
# 1 wisdom less13 @ 08/03/12 04:31 PM
Damn, wish I had writing experience other than creative writing in high school, and comedy later on in life...

# 2 BenGerman @ 08/03/12 06:42 PM
Hey Chris, I sent in my application. Thanks for the opportunity! I hate to hound you with questions, but should we expect a reply one way or the other?

# 3 mulderscully @ 08/04/12 10:51 AM
Sent in my information. Would love to be part of the team!

# 4 jcool213 @ 08/04/12 01:35 PM
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 5 SkillzKillz719 @ 08/04/12 10:13 PM
How much our the wages? Just a little curious. Feel free to PM me.
But I don't expect a reply.

# 6 MaynEv3nT @ 08/05/12 07:52 AM
Been waiting a whole year to get another crack at being an OS writer! I have applied!

# 7 scottyrogers10 @ 08/05/12 03:45 PM
I have sent my resume to the email address provided. Thanks!

# 8 bsurocksrule @ 08/05/12 09:03 PM
Application sent, look forward to a response, thanks guys!

# 9 Feldman011teen @ 08/06/12 11:46 AM
sent u my info

# 10 RaychelSnr @ 08/06/12 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
Hey Chris, I sent in my application. Thanks for the opportunity! I hate to hound you with questions, but should we expect a reply one way or the other?
Ben -- We typically get 100+ responses and since OS is an operation of small-time proportions, it's tough to respond to everyone. I typically just respond to those who basically get the go ahead and nothing more.

# 11 RaychelSnr @ 08/06/12 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillzKillz719
How much our the wages? Just a little curious. Feel free to PM me.
But I don't expect a reply.
Won't be able to quit your day job with them basically. Small stipend per feature/review/preview...free games which you review. More about the passion than the money.

# 12 BenGerman @ 08/06/12 12:56 PM
No problem Chris, I completely understand! Thanks again for the opportunity!

# 13 Slymm @ 08/06/12 06:52 PM
I've wondered about applying for a long time now. I finally sent in my information this time even though I have absolutely no previous writing experience, outside of school. I really hope to be considered.

I am extremely passionate about journalism, sports, video games and blogging. It seemed like a good fit to me.

# 14 Joobieo @ 08/07/12 06:48 PM
If only I wasn't currently in the military or I would try to become part of the staff for writing. Best of luck to everyone that applies .

# 15 SidIsThatDude @ 08/07/12 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobieo
If only I wasn't currently in the military or I would try to become part of the staff for writing. Best of luck to everyone that applies .
I salute the living crap out of you

# 16 pokerplaya @ 08/07/12 11:02 PM
MMChrisS,

Just wondering about how long we have to compile this resume? I've honestly not put together a true "resume" for writing and would like to compile a decent one with links to my blogs and the like.

Even if the topic isn't sports gaming, are you just looking for samples in general to see writing style and ability, or should I take the time to write sample sports gaming features?

Extremely interested in the position, so I don't want to put together a weak application. This is one "job" I truly want, so thanks for any further information you can give me.

# 17 RaychelSnr @ 08/13/12 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
MMChrisS,

Just wondering about how long we have to compile this resume? I've honestly not put together a true "resume" for writing and would like to compile a decent one with links to my blogs and the like.

Even if the topic isn't sports gaming, are you just looking for samples in general to see writing style and ability, or should I take the time to write sample sports gaming features?

Extremely interested in the position, so I don't want to put together a weak application. This is one "job" I truly want, so thanks for any further information you can give me.
This completely got lost on my feed for some reason. But responding to this: you have until the middle of this week. We're making our decisions then.

# 18 Joobieo @ 08/13/12 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidIsThatDude
I salute the living crap out of you
Thanks I appreciate the kindness.

# 19 TheLetterZ @ 08/13/12 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slymm
I've wondered about applying for a long time now. I finally sent in my information this time even though I have absolutely no previous writing experience, outside of school. I really hope to be considered.

I am extremely passionate about journalism, sports, video games and blogging. It seemed like a good fit to me.
I'm confused.

How can you be extremely passionate about journalism and blogging if you have no writing experience?

# 20 pokerplaya @ 08/14/12 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
This completely got lost on my feed for some reason. But responding to this: you have until the middle of this week. We're making our decisions then.
I doubt I'd be able to get a professional level resume/portfolio compiled by then, but I'll be on the lookout for the next opportunity.

Thanks.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.