Home
NHL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
NHL 13 Gameplay Producer Ben Ross talks you through this exciting look at NHL 13 defensive gameplay.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TDKing @ 08/06/12 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I hear there is a new contextual auto shot block. Should help to cut down on shot totals, and as you know if you watch the NHL, shot blocking is a HUGE part of the defensive game now. Could be a great addition if implemented well.
Why is this good ? I hate "contextual". Contextual to me means less user control. I want to hit a button and trigger the shot block, I want to play the game, in fact I want more control. Make it an option if people like it, auto shot block on/off. I want my hooking button back too ! Seems I had more control back in the old days. They did the same thing with Madden a few years ago on the defensive line. Now I have no more DL moves its just mash the stick and watch. IMO contextual is not a good thing its a way to make the game easier and to cover up flaws they can't fix.
One more thing... if they do this RATINGS better make a difference a BIG difference not a suttle unnoticeble one !

# 42 06woz @ 08/06/12 12:53 PM
I think the contextual shot block is a great idea. Make it so the better shot blockers in the league trigger it more often, that way a shot blocking attribute actually has a purpose.

# 43 Qb @ 08/06/12 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Why is this good ? I hate "contextual". Contextual to me means less user control. I want to hit a button and trigger the shot block, I want to play the game, in fact I want more control. Make it an option if people like it, auto shot block on/off. I want my hooking button back too ! Seems I had more control back in the old days. They did the same thing with Madden a few years ago on the defensive line. Now I have no more DL moves its just mash the stick and watch. IMO contextual is not a good thing its a way to make the game easier and to cover up flaws they can't fix.
One more thing... if they do this RATINGS better make a difference a BIG difference not a suttle unnoticeble one !
I hear you on the user control aspect. Not sure if it's a control option (like auto-backskate was), but I should be able to find out. As for why I was excited about it... I was thinking of more shot blocking by CPU-controlled skaters.

# 44 TDKing @ 08/06/12 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I hear you on the user control aspect. Not sure if it's a control option (like auto-backskate was), but I should be able to find out. As for why I was excited about it... I was thinking of more shot blocking by CPU-controlled skaters.
More shot blocking by the cpu would be great. Its not a game breaker for me and I know I still need to get the guy in proper postion but I would rather control the timing of the block. What happens on a fake shot? Will the defender I'm controlling automatically bite and go into a shot blocking animation even though I don't really want him too ?

# 45 gopher_guy @ 08/06/12 02:44 PM
Quote:
More shot blocking by the cpu would be great. Its not a game breaker for me and I know I still need to get the guy in proper postion but I would rather control the timing of the block. What happens on a fake shot? Will the defender I'm controlling automatically bite and go into a shot blocking animation even though I don't really want him too ?
Well, if we want a realistic game....

That's an effective way to get shots off in real hockey. Fake shot to send a defender down to block, then easily maneuver around him.

# 46 canucksss @ 08/06/12 02:51 PM
i hope AI will not be PERFECT in it's defensive stand.... i still want to see PENALTIES in the game.

# 47 kerosene31 @ 08/06/12 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
i hope AI will not be PERFECT in it's defensive stand.... i still want to see PENALTIES in the game.
I wouldn't worry about that.

It looks like you can still get them out of position with good puck movement.

# 48 brandon27 @ 08/06/12 04:26 PM
This game is looking more and more fantastic everytime more stuff is released.

# 49 Vikes1 @ 08/06/12 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
That might depend on slider settings. I also play 10 minute periods on SS and most of the time shot totals are in the 20's-30's for both teams, unless one team is dominating. Granted this is in 12 without the AI and looser puck improvments.
Myself....this is what I'm getting on All-Star hardcore with 10 minute periods.

By the look of things defensively with '13'...it does at least seem as tough we may have to up our period lengths a ways. Which I'll bet we're both more than willing to do. Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking [hoping] we may have to go with 12-14 minutes to get realistic shot totals, etc...

# 50 gator3guy @ 08/06/12 06:33 PM
Quote:
I just hope they reduced the amount of times your own teammates block your shots. They need to show some awareness.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.