Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

Just received this NBA Live 13 cover art featuring LeBron James, from an anonymous source.

Take it with a grain of salt for now, but it is something we can chew on, while we wait for EA Sports and the NBA Live 13 team to make any announcements, on well... anything.

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 ferrari486 @ 08/09/12 05:16 PM
the bar in the middle is too fake looking

# 182 RocRell @ 08/09/12 05:29 PM
I really hope Live Comes Back HARD . I Miss Playing It Live 00-05 Were My Games !

# 183 VDusen04 @ 08/09/12 08:10 PM
Just as an aside, even as a non-simulation geared youth, I don't think I ever bought a sports game for its cover. My favorite player was David Robinson so I admit there was a part of me that really wanted David Robinson's Supreme Court but even as a kid without the internet in the 90's, I was able to find out it kind of sucked, so I opted for games like Tecmo NBA Basketball, which I'm pretty sure had a random picture of the Clippers and Blazers on the front, or NBA Showdown '94, which I also think featured an action shot.

This is all not to say no one ever buys a game for it's cover, but sometimes I think some folks treat non-sport video game forum visiting people like they're terribly daft, just bumbling around a Best Buy, mindlessly stumbling upon a basketball video game and saying to themselves, "Hey! I think I want a basketball video game! How much, let's see. . . okay $65 bucks. Great. I think I'll base my decision upon which cover I find most attractive. Annnnd done."

# 184 scottyp180 @ 08/09/12 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Just as an aside, even as a non-simulation geared youth, I don't think I ever bought a sports game for its cover. My favorite player was David Robinson so I admit there was a part of me that really wanted David Robinson's Supreme Court but even as a kid without the internet in the 90's, I was able to find out it kind of sucked, so I opted for games like Tecmo NBA Basketball, which I'm pretty sure had a random picture of the Clippers and Blazers on the front, or NBA Showdown '94, which I also think featured an action shot.

This is all not to say no one ever buys a game for it's cover, but sometimes I think some folks treat non-sport video game forum visiting people like they're terribly daft, just bumbling around a Best Buy, mindlessly stumbling upon a basketball video game and saying to themselves, "Hey! I think I want a basketball video game! How much, let's see. . . okay $65 bucks. Great. I think I'll base my decision upon which cover I find most attractive. Annnnd done."
very good point. I think there are people out there, especially younger children, who will see Lebron on the cover or doing ads for the game and want to check it out but the world we live in makes it hard to buy anything without hearing reviews about it first. To be honest I dont know why anyone would buy a game or even see a movie without looking at some reviews first, especially considering the price. It is possible that Live fans may see that Live is back and also see Lebron on the cover and buy the game for that reason, but Lebron alone will not sell this game.

# 185 DaveDQ @ 08/10/12 09:15 AM
Lebron is too small on the cover. The artwork appears very cut and paste. A good cover blends in the athlete into the background. With this cover, there is too much separation between the cover athlete and the actual background. I'm not saying it isn't the cover for the game, but it's definitely not professional looking.

But what do i know.

# 186 h2h @ 08/12/12 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintuna
Not sure what's worse - the fact that OS posted a fake cover (without any confirmation; and on their front-page no less, LOL) or the ensuing comments in this thread....especially the one by a mod justifying the posting of the "fake" cover by saying that it created much needed traffic to an otherwise dead forum.

LOL, nice spin.

Back to your regularly scheduled EA and Live 13 HATE FEST.
That's actually hilarious, isnt funny and ironic that the reason why anyone would even talk about this anonymous cover is that ea sports is too choked up to release any information whatsoever regarding nba live 13 ; if anything is dead, it's ur brain.... and nba live 13.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHOTS FIRED!!!!

# 187 King_B_Mack @ 08/12/12 09:04 PM
Quote:
captaintuna

*Sees color of name*

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

# 188 Goffs @ 08/13/12 09:30 AM
LOL did the tuna venture in the 2k forums and piss off some people? That would be my guess! It always happens! As soon as 2k drops info and the 2k forums starts bumping they get bored here in the Live forums and venture into the 2k forums just to annoy people there.

# 189 sportjames23 @ 08/14/12 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
LOL did the tuna venture in the 2k forums and piss off some people? That would be my guess! It always happens! As soon as 2k drops info and the 2k forums starts bumping they get bored here in the Live forums and venture into the 2k forums just to annoy people there.

He must have pissed off the wrong person as I see he's banned now. Damn.

# 190 Pared @ 08/14/12 03:32 PM
Ok guys, let's just get back to the topic.

# 191 MostlyChilly @ 08/14/12 07:46 PM
McKayla's reaction to the cover:

Attachment 48225

# 192 STONEDxxGAMER @ 09/04/12 04:19 AM
It's real.... "PlayStation Network "big as day.

# 193 barimanlhs @ 09/04/12 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEDxxGAMER
It's real.... "PlayStation Network "big as day.
Are you speculating or do you have a linky?

# 194 Thunder Storm @ 09/04/12 02:45 PM
It's only fitting that LeBron will be on the cover of the worst sports video game in recent history.

# 195 MielVB @ 09/04/12 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
It's only fitting that LeBron will be on the cover of the worst sports video game in recent history.
Why? Cause he's one of the 'worst players in the game'? Stop hating cause he's the best player in the world, you only make yourself look sad.

# 196 Thunder Storm @ 09/04/12 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MielVB
Why? Cause he's one of the 'worst players in the game'? Stop hating cause he's the best player in the world, you only make yourself look sad.
I find it hilarious that you took that to heart. It was irony + sarcasm.

# 197 Boilerbuzz @ 09/04/12 10:34 PM
Quote:
The LaDouche fans are like that. Highly defensive.

# 198 STONEDxxGAMER @ 09/05/12 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
Are you speculating or do you have a linky?
Logic, my friend.....

# 199 MielVB @ 09/05/12 07:13 AM
Quote:

# 200 barimanlhs @ 09/05/12 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEDxxGAMER
Logic, my friend.....
Huh? Anyone decent at photoshop can make that in about an hour. UNLESS it is on PSN (I havent checked PSN in a while) then there is nothing "logical" about your post. Its pure speculation

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.