Home
London 2012 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games News Post

Moment:
“Let's All Go to the Velodrome”
Where/When: London 2012 (Xbox 360)
Event: Keirin

One of the more amazing — and enlightening — aspects of current gaming is the ability play online against competitors from all over the world. Things can get even more ridiculous when you factor in a game like London 2012 that has clearly had reasonable success in international markets, if it's online player population is to be believed.

Take one race I had in the velodrome while playing online. The race itself was a tense affair, with some back-and-forth action and constant jockeying for position. I thought I had blown out all my stamina on the home stretch, but I was actually able to get one last burst and take the gold by a split second. The gold medal itself was satisfying, but the absurdity came from my opponents: a fast-talking Philadelphia resident who had an unhealthy love for the Olympics; a laid-back Birmingham, England, fellow who actually flew a Spanish flag (he said that's where he'd rather live); someone from France who kept on asking me the price of “Le chronic” in my neck of the woods (I live in British Columbia, Canada); and a couple of dudes flying the Jamaican flag and rocking absurdly loud music over the mic.

Indeed, it's good to play together.

Game: London 2012 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic GamesReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 1 - View All
London 2012 - The Official Video Game of the Olympic Games Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dickey1331 @ 08/08/12 07:43 PM
Ive really enjoyed this years game. My only complaint is I wished their was more events and countries.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.