Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 demo is available now for the 360, queue it up right here.

If it's not showing up on your console, try this route.

1: Go to Game Marketplace
2: Demo
3: Genre
4: Kinect

The Madden NFL 13 demo will be available for PS3 later this afternoon. We'll update the post when it pops up online.

The Madden NFL 13 demo includes the New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins.

You can choose difficulty settings. 5 min quarters and it's an entire game. It will also have full commentary. No sliders this year. You can change play style between game flow and conventional.

Check here for PS Vita demo details.

Play a game or two and post your impressions here.

*UPDATE: Madden NFL 13 demo is online for PS3 now!

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 gza21 @ 08/14/12 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Uhh hate to break it to ya guy... but the demo is "downloaded" to the hard drive? No one is running this demo off of a disc?
Problem is, what is in the demo usually shows up on the disc! And this failure will be no different.

# 162 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/14/12 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
The individual pump fake was new in Madden 12 and never really worked that well IMHO.
If it's like NCAA 13, the pumpfakes are a lot quicker and more effective this year. I've gotten safeties to bite on my pump fakes a lot.

# 163 Candyman5 @ 08/14/12 10:37 AM
Just had one of the weirdest, awesomeness play to ever happen in Madden to me. I threw the ball to one of my recievers to the Right with RGIII and a line man put his hand up and deflected it. It then went towards the middle of the field and Moss dove and made a one handed catch on his back off of it. I was like the whole time.

I also seen the sucking catching gone so far. I threw the ball between two outstretched arms of a Corner and Linebacker right to Moss, it was amazing.

# 164 DaveDQ @ 08/14/12 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I had a completely different take on commentary than you in my first game.

Nantz and Sims were still talking during one play, and the play broke for a TD. They stop talking mid-sentence and Nantz said TD, 49ers. IRL, Nantz and Sims aren't Mr. Excitables when big plays happen.

The commentary is much much better than last year when there was gaping holes in commentary all over the place.
I agree that it is better. It just needs a lift for me. It is improved but there is still logic errors where irrespective of whose voice it is, something different should be said. That's not to say they aren't any positives. I just wish the overall flow of this presentation element was better.

# 165 New Jersey Giants @ 08/14/12 10:48 AM
One of the best football games, i've ever played. The gameplay is just
They have Tuck's new facemask

# 166 Stafford2Johnson @ 08/14/12 10:50 AM
In the video of the demo posted by Steve on twitter, I noticed something on a 25-30 yard throw to Nicks. It was a typical madden throw -- not too much loft. Instead of turning his entire body around in one of the most ridiculous and frustrating catch animations we've seen for years (),
he made an over-the-shoulder grab. Good things are coming people!!

# 167 LILREV99 @ 08/14/12 10:53 AM
Any word on if u can watch a game CPU vs CPU and are there injuries in the demo?

# 168 IUxHOOSIERS @ 08/14/12 10:54 AM
I'm having trouble kicking. When I hit the right stick down to start the kick, it wont let me get any power when I push up. I know how to kick its just not letting me get power

# 169 BezO @ 08/14/12 10:54 AM
Thanks to those that provided some detail about the blocking interaction.

# 170 gdh5503 @ 08/14/12 10:54 AM
Why don't they have full replays after touchdowns??? Maybe its because of long touchdown passes, i don't know but nonetheless, they still should have a full replay playback... What happened to that???

# 171 Dogslax41 @ 08/14/12 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
A lot of us who played fifa had some idea of what to expect with the new engine in the first year. Id say it looks good about 30% percent of the time. The other 70% guys are flying all over like its the wwe or power backs like marshawn lynch and brandon jacobs are being brought down with one arm. What bothers me the most with the new engine is players most of the time dont even try to wrap up or hold on, they just use their bodies like wrecking balls and slam into the ball carrier.

How old or new do you guys think the demo build is. I dont expect to see much improvement in the final product but i hope they can make the physics feel more satisfying. The way it stands now it doesnt feel like weight or momentum really matter at all.

That being said i think this is a good foundation for madden to build off of they just need to get the science down. Ill pass on 13 this year and hope they can really flesh it out for next year.
Also keep in mind that FIFA was leaps and bounds better in the first year in the retail product from the demo. The FIFA demo was a circus. I would think this demo is probably 4 weeks old. It might even be from before the gameplay they showed in June because the speed seems vastly different.

# 172 bucknut88 @ 08/14/12 10:57 AM
I know its a just a demo, but I enjoy NCAA 13 much more than the Madden demo. The gameplay just isn't as good to me. I hope the full game makes me think differently. I'll still buy but I can't guarantee that it will keep my attention as long as it usually does.

# 173 AlmostLikeFlacco @ 08/14/12 11:01 AM
I gotta say, I'm enjoying it.

The real-time physics, new commentary and presentation aren't the greatest, but it is a noticeable improvement over Madden 12.

This Infinity Engine is making tackles look much better than before. I still have seen some weird ones, guys getting big hits with little momentum and the like, but I've seen some nasty looking pile ups as well.

Nantz and Simms are such a welcome change from Cardboard Johnson and Can't Stop Talking Colinsworth. These two actually have a chemistry together, which always makes for better commentary.

Can't wait to get the full game and start playing as the Ravens!

# 174 Trilluminary @ 08/14/12 11:02 AM
yea the post slot speed exploit is there. 3 of 3, 3 TD's 2 to davis 1 to moss.

alot of you are overhyping the engine it's more like a new cam shaft on the same freakin engine

if you liked madden before now you'll love it

if u hated it before u'll hate it slightly less

# 175 Lodeus @ 08/14/12 11:04 AM
I am really enjoying it. The updated presentation makes a big difference. I think you can also feel the new engine, game feels much smoother. I usually don't play the demos a whole lot but Ill have to give this multiple plays.

# 176 DaveDQ @ 08/14/12 11:05 AM
I'm trying to warp my head around some of the gameplay and exclude some issues I have with presentation. I like how the WR's catch balls in stride. There is a natural feel there. It feels more like they are waiting on the ball while in motion, and then the completed pass is more connected to the wait (if that makes sense).

The physics portion in all of this is kind of weird. Sometimes I feel like there is more physics being displayed after the play than during it. Right now the best way I can describe it is when an NBA player "flops" to try and get the foul. I turned the speed down to very slow and that was too much. I'm at slow right now and that feels good, but it seems like when the engine really kicks in it speeds up.

I need to come back to it and play some more. i hate saying it because I was really looking forward to the new engine, but it's just not doing it for me. I understand this is its first showing, and I don't want to go down the road of, "this should have been in 2006..." but...it's so late in this gen now that I'm worried Madden 13 is the nail in the coffin that reinforces that football for this gen has been scattered and lifeless.

# 177 sw2010camaro @ 08/14/12 11:05 AM
Madden Livestream of demo on youtube. Search Madden NFL 13 Demo LIVESTREAM!

# 178 DLaren @ 08/14/12 11:06 AM
I didn't start enjoying the game until I switched the game-speed to 'Very Slow'; at this speed, the animations play out more naturally to me...which makes the game feel less twitchy and more grounded.

# 179 DaveDQ @ 08/14/12 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
What I dislike most about this version RTP is that when you run up the middle and run into the back one of your blockers, the runner just falls to the ground! I hope they can fix this before release.

And the running animations, seems like all the players run with this short stride. It just does not look right with tall players like Randy Moss etc.

But overall it's a pretty good game, still got to get use to it, I only played two games.
That is something I noticed right away. In a way it forces you to manually move around your lineman, but if you don't you go down way too easy.

# 180 bucknut88 @ 08/14/12 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I'm trying to warp my head around some of the gameplay and exclude some issues I have with presentation. I like how the WR's catch balls in stride. There is a natural feel there. It feels more like they are waiting on the ball while in motion, and then the completed pass is more connected to the wait (if that makes sense).

The physics portion in all of this is kind of weird. Sometimes I feel like there is more physics being displayed after the play than during it. Right now the best way I can describe it is when an NBA player "flops" to try and get the foul. I turned the speed down to very slow and that was too much. I'm at slow right now and that feels good, but it seems like when the engine really kicks in it speeds up.

I need to come back to it and play some more. i hate saying it because I was really looking forward to the new engine, but it's just not doing it for me. I understand this is its first showing, and I don't want to go down the road of, "this should have been in 2006..." but...it's so late in this gen now that I'm worried Madden 13 is the nail in the coffin that reinforces that football for this gen has been scattered and lifeless.
Well said. I couldn't agree more.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.