Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 demo is available now for the 360, queue it up right here.

If it's not showing up on your console, try this route.

1: Go to Game Marketplace
2: Demo
3: Genre
4: Kinect

The Madden NFL 13 demo will be available for PS3 later this afternoon. We'll update the post when it pops up online.

The Madden NFL 13 demo includes the New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins.

You can choose difficulty settings. 5 min quarters and it's an entire game. It will also have full commentary. No sliders this year. You can change play style between game flow and conventional.

Check here for PS Vita demo details.

Play a game or two and post your impressions here.

*UPDATE: Madden NFL 13 demo is online for PS3 now!

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/14/12 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmungar
I actually enjoyed this demo very much. Feeling the physics and new animations have been improved imo. But sadly i did not see T.O. on the Seahawks which makes me wonder if we'll have to wait for a roster update from EA after its release. but it could just be the fact that EA has to submit there demo to the game providers a week early before its actually released just like in the store they actually carry the game a week in advance but cant release it. I remember worrking at EB games and Sunrise records and being able to snag a game or album before its release then watching game director videos saying oh its still a work in progress when im holding the finished product in my hand lol But overall i will be buying this game cuz i feel it is 100% better than Madden 12.
You thought TO would be on Seattle in the demo when he just signed like a week or two ago?

Edit: Out of work in 2 hours and then I'll start diving into some impressions. Kinda worried about how much I'll play NCAA after reading these impressions though, which I guess is probably a good thing lol

# 142 Rostee F @ 08/14/12 10:06 AM
Not really impressed! It almost feels like the same game as last year!
They really have to fix the collision system. Sometimes i think i watch the breakdance contests in the early 80`s! Too dramatic! Pass def. is improved also play action is better, overall i think i will skip it and wait for the next gen!

# 143 Yukon46 @ 08/14/12 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
The engine doesn't good when watching it. I know it's "physics you can feel" but the tackles don't even make sense sometimes when looking it at.
I am seeing this too.... had this one tackle, a CB engaged with the WR that was blocking him, one armed Lynch and Lynch fell down like he got hit by Andre the Giant.....just a lil wonky !

Not liking the lighting, is does seem way too Dark / Shadowy !

And I am also hoping there is another Cam option, that is not so far away (but not too zoomed in either)

Liking the audio/commentary so far....big improvement

# 144 mestevo @ 08/14/12 10:10 AM
Pretty fun, going to be hard to go back to NCAA once I've played this a bit.

Having only played 1 game I'm not sure how 'bad' this really is, but lighting was REALLY harsh in the Skins/Seahawks game. Going one direction on kickoff returns you couldn't really tell the difference between the players running at me until I got right to them.

Commentary reminded me a little bit of 2k games on Dreamcast, seemed to always be relevant, and always talking. Really didn't go out of my way to listen to every word, there was just not a lot of silence, and the interjections (turnover, injuries, etc) were appropriate and timely.

# 145 metalmungar @ 08/14/12 10:11 AM
Also i have noticed that on the seahawks roster there 2nd round pick Bobby Wagner has no photo along with their 5th rounder as well but QB Russel Wilson has a pic but was drafted 3rd round? does anybody think we will be able to upload gameface pics for editing current rosters? or will it be only for ourselves in the game?

# 146 roadman @ 08/14/12 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I like what the infinity engine brings, but the game is still too jittery. To me this is Madden's signature flaw, if that can be said. Players have very little natural movement. Even with the new physics, the weird cases of quick stopping and then jittery movement takes away from any natural feeling. I feel like the players are too small in view. I understand the need to get all players visible in a play, but they still seem too small in comparison to the actual field. This is another Madden "look" that has been an issue for me. when you couple that with the jittery movement, the sense of realism is taken down several notches.

The commentary in the game once again leaves much to be desired. Two examples, on one big pass play the Moss pulled in, Jim Nantz is slowly talking about how Moss pulled it in for the catch (something about a rolling catch etc.) Meanwhile, Moss is in full stride as he heads towards the endzone. It isn't until he gets in the endzone that Nantz picks up the excitement and says, "Touchdown, 49ers." From the catch to the endzone, there should have been a level of excitement to compliment what was actually happening. On another play, I went for it on 4th and inches, got the first down and Nantz goes on to talk about how that was a risky call that will now turn the ball over. I clearly made the first down and had a new set of downs while Nantz is going on about how I missed the 4th and inches.

The replays are very awkward, starting midway through the play with various angles that are often too zoomed in. It would be nice to see the replay from the snap. There's also nothing said in the color commentary when a slow motion replay is happening. This would be a great time for Simms to compliment the play or critique it.

Overall I am pleased with the new engine. That's what I was looking for in the demo. But, Madden still needs a soul. It just lacks the excitement level that football should bring in presentation and gameplay. It seems to me that every year they redo the presentation elements but just can't hit the high note and deliver exciting things like commentary talking about stats and talking in between plays. Even the injuries are so scattered. A player will be on the field, laying there while other players do that often used animation of skipping away to the side. Then in an instant the player is being carted off.

Everything seems so displaced on the field, and the commentary, even with new voices is not feeling like it's part of the action.
I had a completely different take on commentary than you in my first game.

Nantz and Sims were still talking during one play, and the play broke for a TD. They stop talking mid-sentence and Nantz said TD, 49ers. IRL, Nantz and Sims aren't Mr. Excitables when big plays happen.

The commentary is much much better than last year when there was gaping holes in commentary all over the place.

# 147 BobRichards91 @ 08/14/12 10:15 AM
Just went to sack flynn with orakpo, and they just kind of ran into eachother and flew back about 10 yards opposite ways. Wish I recorded that.

# 148 Gloveralan @ 08/14/12 10:16 AM
it look good to me

# 149 LILREV99 @ 08/14/12 10:16 AM
Can u speciate at game cpu vs cpu??

# 150 gza21 @ 08/14/12 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostee F
Not really impressed! It almost feels like the same game as last year!
They really have to fix the collision system. Sometimes i think i watch the breakdance contests in the early 80`s! Too dramatic! Pass def. is improved also play action is better, overall i think i will skip it and wait for the next gen!
I definitely agree. This is another EA hype/fail situation that will get ugly in a few weeks. This new engine makes the game like playing pin ball in a football game. If guys really tackled this way they would all have neck injuries. Very disappointed but not surprised that this won't live up to the hype. Anyone who says they can "feel the physics" are suffering from the placebo effect and hope that this is better. And the DVD9 is starting to show up on the 360 as the game is jittery and blurry for the most part.

# 151 BTownSlinger @ 08/14/12 10:19 AM
I had a free Gold sub still sitting to activate from when I purchased my Xbox. I went ahead and did that, downloading now. Thanks for the info!

# 152 seasprite @ 08/14/12 10:20 AM
The textures of the Skins retro helmets are very nicely done. Looks great

# 153 OddRanger @ 08/14/12 10:22 AM
Couple immediate reactions after about 6 games:

-All Madden is a little ridiculous with user dropped passes and CPU broken tackles.
-Passing is already 100x better. Passes are much better placed and just make more sense overall.
-Lob passes actually work and dont hang in the air forever.
-Receivers actually catching the ball in stride for once is awesome.
-New pump fake system is amazing. Pump fake a deep post to open up streaks down the sideline. Possibilities for good QBs are endless.
-Blocking seems significantly better.
-Trucking with the new infinity engine is incredibly satisfying. Do yourself a favor and use Marshawn Lynch a few times.
-Receivers jumping catch animations are quick and simple not long and drawn out.
-Defense overall just feels right. Seems to get beat at the right spots and makes stops in the appropriate situations.
-Aside from playing on All Madden and having the computer truck over my whole team with Helu, honestly no BS to report feels realistic and balanced.

Overall I am more than impressed. This already feels like the best Madden in years. Can't say enough about infinity.

# 154 Find_the_Door @ 08/14/12 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gza21
I definitely agree. This is another EA hype/fail situation that will get ugly in a few weeks. This new engine makes the game like playing pin ball in a football game. If guys really tackled this way they would all have neck injuries. Very disappointed but not surprised that this won't live up to the hype. Anyone who says they can "feel the physics" are suffering from the placebo effect and hope that this is better. And the DVD9 is starting to show up on the 360 as the game is jittery and blurry for the most part.
Uhh hate to break it to ya guy... but the demo is "downloaded" to the hard drive? No one is running this demo off of a disc?

# 155 LILREV99 @ 08/14/12 10:24 AM
does anybody know if u can see cpu vs cpu

# 156 ShavarHayes @ 08/14/12 10:24 AM
I'm loving the feel...but the collision is waaay too much. I'm seeing guys falling after the whistle is blown. Big O-Lineman falling down by just walking into someone. A lot of very weird animations (tackling). Maybe I'm being too critical. I love that EA finally stepped outside the box, but the new engine MAY have been rushed.

# 157 Find_the_Door @ 08/14/12 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddRanger
Couple immediate reactions after about 6 games:

-All Madden is a little ridiculous with user dropped passes and CPU broken tackles.
-Passing is already 100x better. Passes are much better placed and just make more sense overall.
-Lob passes actually work and dont hang in the air forever.
-Receivers actually catching the ball in stride for once is awesome.
-New pump fake system is amazing. Pump fake a deep post to open up streaks down the sideline. Possibilities for good QBs are endless.
-Blocking seems significantly better.
-Trucking with the new infinity engine is incredibly satisfying. Do yourself a favor and use Marshawn Lynch a few times.
-Receivers jumping catch animations are quick and simple not long and drawn out.
-Defense overall just feels right. Seems to get beat at the right spots and makes stops in the appropriate situations.
-Aside from playing on All Madden and having the computer truck over my whole team with Helu, honestly no BS to report feels realistic and balanced.

Overall I am more than impressed. This already feels like the best Madden in years. Can't say enough about infinity.
The individual pump fake was new in Madden 12 and never really worked that well IMHO.

# 158 SuckaRepellent @ 08/14/12 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Welp. I ran the Read Option the whole game with RG3 on All Madden. Ended up with 22 Carries for 90 yards. I would have had much more yards, but, of course, the DT stuffed me in the backfield a couple of times because my guard inexplicably didn't block him at the line of scrimmage.

Other than the dumbing down of my offensive line the Read Option was fairly effective on All Madden provided you made the right read.
LOL at running one play the whole game and your concern is the few times the guard didn't block.

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide

# 159 bnb @ 08/14/12 10:30 AM
after one game:

physics is really cool, but as stated above, there's some weird stuff after the play is dead.

on a 3rd and 2, i ripped off a long gain, got called for holding, and had a first down with the ball in the correct after-penalty spot. did i miss a rule change this year?

a couple of anomalies that took me out of the game, one was my fullback SLOWLY running into one of my pulling guards and getting thrown to the right like he was shot out of a cannon. it looked really bad.

overall, a good demo and i like the direction we're headed in. even though it sounds like i didn't like it, i really did have fun, and what's more important than that?

# 160 OddRanger @ 08/14/12 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
The individual pump fake was new in Madden 12 and never really worked that well IMHO.
I didn't know you could pump fake to individual receivers last year. Seemed to work well for me in the demo..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.