Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Thanks MorrisBoss4Life!

Here is the translation, via ‏@Guilain23

Quote:
The controls have been changed. He was very impressed with the presentation, he wished EA would do the same. He was having trouble speaking and playing at the same time. You now have to do the trick moves with the right stick. He was playing the console version. PC looks better, as always. The game is very fluid. He would recommend us to buy the game. He was very pleased with the commentaries. At the end, the commentator spoke about the fact that the game will get great reviews... That's it folks.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Vni @ 08/16/12 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathxniel
Guys look at DWade from 00:26. Wth is he doing?
It's the guy playing that does it.

And OKC is AI controlled btw for thoses that woudn't have noticed.

# 22 eko718 @ 08/16/12 02:22 PM
Looking at the bench, it appears James Harden got a much needed graphical update.

# 23 shmitty @ 08/16/12 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nashhole
He was tryna see what type of deodorant Rose uses in the beginning lol

Dont like the look of that pass LeBron threw at :32 at all

new scoreboard is hot. durants J is on point
I hate that pass...why does he have to come to a stop just to make that pass? They need more passes where you keep your momentum and keep running.

# 24 Pared @ 08/16/12 02:25 PM
No one noticed the CPU controlled signature gather into jumper?

# 25 blues rocker @ 08/16/12 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmitty
I hate that pass...why does he have to come to a stop just to make that pass? They need more passes where you keep your momentum and keep running.
THIS. this is something i've hated about the passing in 2k games for a while...all of the stopping pass animations and stopping catch animations...when players are stopping every time they throw and catch passes, it ruins that feeling of fluidity and explosiveness that the nba has. please give us more moving/momentum passes and catches. i've always wanted the ability to catch a pass and smoothly transition into dribbling without having to wait for the catch animation to finish. i don't know why 2k always makes you stop to catch a pass (except on fast breaks).

# 26 JerzeyReign @ 08/16/12 02:28 PM
These guys obviously wasn't there when I was draggin' folks thru the mud, lol. Lost my first game 16-15 and then just went off on everybody else I played. The game I'm going to send to Steve is actually me playing the CPU because nobody wanted to pick up the sticks lol.

# 27 Goffs @ 08/16/12 02:28 PM
Jake Gyllenhaal sighting at 1:40

Anyway I like how smooth it is and anybody see Westbrook doing some hand motions while dribbling up the court? nice touch

# 28 Vni @ 08/16/12 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
These guys obviously wasn't there when I was draggin' folks thru the mud, lol. Lost my first game 16-15 and then just went off on everybody else I played. The game I'm going to send to Steve is actually me playing the CPU because nobody wanted to pick up the sticks lol.
What are your thoughts JersezReign?

And thanks for the vid.

# 29 stillfeelme @ 08/16/12 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathxniel
Guys look at DWade from 00:26. Wth is he doing?
User error he didn't know who he was controlling.

# 30 JerzeyReign @ 08/16/12 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
What are your thoughts JersezReign?

And thanks for the vid.
I'm going to type something formal up like DaWolf. A quick impression though? 2k11 will be dethroned. But I literally just walked into the house -- my first priority is to message LD2k about a bug I seen though. Video will be uploaded within the next 10 minutes -- full thoughts will be typed up after I relax a little -- it was a 2 and half hour drive going almost 100 mph the whole time

# 31 Goffs @ 08/16/12 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I'm going to type something formal up like DaWolf. A quick impression though? 2k11 will be dethroned. But I literally just walked into the house -- my first priority is to message LD2k about a bug I seen though. Video will be uploaded within the next 10 minutes -- full thoughts will be typed up after I relax a little -- it was a 2 and half hour drive going almost 100 mph the whole time
Good footage or did you have to ninja it? As in be sneaky and stuff....any footage would be good right now

# 32 WizardJay @ 08/16/12 02:42 PM
GOD!!! those contest shot animations still look horrible!!

# 33 SouthBeach @ 08/16/12 02:47 PM
Maybe it's just me, but the camera angle looks improved.

At a glance, the fluid movements tied in with the camera made it look like a real broadcast to me.

# 34 VDusen04 @ 08/16/12 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Yeah I saw that, he was calling the play with his arm up. That was cool.
Agreed. That was indeed nice to see. I sort of saw it coming, after a big thread about it last year, where a guy at OS brought the idea up, but worded it horribly, was subsequently roasted by everyone here, then had a 2K developer step into the thread and state the original thread starter's thoughts had given him a great idea for 2K13 (thus swiftly quieting all detractors).

# 35 Steve_OS @ 08/16/12 03:22 PM
Added translation to OP.

# 36 lockdownD @ 08/16/12 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
yeah, it's still hard to tell from such a small sampling, but the movements still seem to have that sluggish feel from 2k12...slow acceleration, slow directional changes, lack of explosiveness. but, like i said, it's still a small sampling so i'm not jumping to any conclusions yet.

i was hoping in 2k13 they'd bring back those quick, responsive movements from 2k11, but it's looking closer to 2k12 in terms of the slow-feeling movement. the problem i had with 2k12 was that none of the movements seemed to have a sense of urgency. the players always moved at this medium pace like they were doing practice drills rather than playing a full-speed nba game. it seems like the process of trying to smooth out the movement in 2k12 forced the game to have that slower feel.

I was really hoping for the same thing lol. That was my biggest gripe with 2k12 was the horrible player movement and all the sliding and unresponsiveness of players as they moved around on the court and tried to change directions. It looks like its improved in 2k13, but still doesn't look to be as explosive or responsive of foot movement like what 2k11 had.

# 37 brza37 @ 08/16/12 03:40 PM
Hey Steve, why didn't you use my translation? Not to knock guylian but I think mine's a bit more accurate.

# 38 Eman5805 @ 08/16/12 03:41 PM
LIl' thin I just noticed, Thabo catches the ball in his left hand then starts dribbling immediately without touching the ball with his right. Almost all in one motion.

*strokes chin*

Alright nah, 2K. I wonder, there any chance of this kinda thing happening, hm?

Chance of implementing touch passing, perhaps? Lil' give and go magic? Eh? Tryin' to increase fluidity of ball movement? A lil' change of passing on a dime to take advantage of a gap in the defense?

Or was that in last year's game I just never noticed?

# 39 Vni @ 08/16/12 03:45 PM
Maybe there a skill attribute for sharp passers like nash, Paul & co?

# 40 Da_Czar @ 08/16/12 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdownD
I was really hoping for the same thing lol. That was my biggest gripe with 2k12 was the horrible player movement and all the sliding and unresponsiveness of players as they moved around on the court and tried to change directions. It looks like its improved in 2k13, but still doesn't look to be as explosive or responsive of foot movement like what 2k11 had.
I am hopeful they added SOME of the balance your wanted to the defense. Where the moves may not appear as explosive as your wanting if the defense has been slowed in the form of weight and not magi-sliding into position the moves when used properly will be able to get you open.

That is what I talked to them about when I was there. We spend a good deal of time and they even put in some new code to regulate defensive reaction time based on the player vs player matchup.

My hope is that in the end product that even though you don't explode as your wanting... In the right matchup's the moves are still effective.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.