Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

The video actually shows NBA 2K12 footage, but Chris Smoove talks about the improvements to NBA 2K13.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 rangerrick012 @ 08/19/12 01:07 AM
Just an FYI the gameplay in the vid is from 2K12 w/ updated rosters, not 2K13. Impressions are of 2K13.

# 2 goledensilence @ 08/19/12 01:11 AM
Just watched the video and I liked most of what he said. That NBA 2K12 Brooklyn Nets mod is very nice too.

# 3 kolanji @ 08/19/12 02:07 AM
love how shot blocking is specific to shot blockers

layups get more respect in the paint and u can used it as a tool to attack non shot blockers

mashing turbo/aggressor plays out effectively on stamina

its seems they address a lot more than the jump from 2k10 to 2k11 in this installment from 2k12 to 2k13

# 4 Taer @ 08/19/12 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Just an FYI the gameplay in the vid is from 2K12 w/ updated rosters, not 2K13. Impressions are of 2K13.
Ahh - This explains some of the Pass interceptions I saw. Thanks for clearing that up.

# 5 MR Anderson310 @ 08/19/12 02:12 AM
man i cant wait to chase someone down with lebron ...come on oct.2 !!!!

# 6 Eman5805 @ 08/19/12 02:28 AM
Hm. Don't think anyone else had that moment when they were sucked into that Mayo/Augustin animation without even touching the stick that mentioned it. Wonder if it was just a one time thing. Either way, hope it was. Don't want the game deciding to make me move one way or the other on its own. Rather get blown by standing still than have that happen.

# 7 JasonMartin @ 08/19/12 02:38 AM
Smoove is great, good video.

Also, something I would love to see changed (which you can see in this video). Is that when you own a team (CPU) and the point difference is +10-20 they start to play fullcourt defense but I just blast by them and score easy lay-ups/dunks or wide open shots.

I hope the defense is/has been improved. Because that just makes it too easy. And when I play association (12 min quarters) and I have a few blowouts vs several teams I don't want to play like that. I want a team to actually try and play decent defense. Maybe let a guard defend me full court but not every player.

# 8 VUUAASSHHH! @ 08/19/12 03:08 AM
Dude could you please post there your sliders used in your gameplay? I can't get one good to play at HoF level.
I appreciate.

# 9 Colts18 @ 08/19/12 03:53 AM
He mentioned that they altered stamina. Westbrook was tired after 2 mins of running around like a mad man. I bet that gets dumbed down after the first patch once people complain about it.

# 10 barimanlhs @ 08/19/12 09:27 AM
The only thing that slightly concerns me is the fact that he said rebounding seemed to be the same. I hope it allows you to rebound as a big man if you are in proper position or have better timing. I felt useless as a big last year and I honestly felt overpowered in 2k11. If they hit that happy, wonderful medium, I will enjoy this game a lot!

# 11 blues rocker @ 08/19/12 10:16 AM
the "automatic movement" that he talked about where his defender reacted without controller input is troubling...they added some of those auto animations in 2k12 and they were infuriating when they happened.

# 12 Vni @ 08/19/12 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
He mentioned that they altered stamina. Westbrook was tired after 2 mins of running around like a mad man. I bet that gets dumbed down after the first patch once people complain about it.
Fatigue is in every sports game. 2K is meant to be SIM, so there should be no question fatigue should be in the game at any diffculties level.

In fifa it's even relative to the period lenght. If you play one halftime you're players are gona be tired the same wether it was a 5 or a 10 or a 20 minutes period. Should be like that in 2K too, I don't know why they don't do it.

# 13 Colts18 @ 08/19/12 10:24 AM
Heyt, I know it should be realistic but whether or not people will feel it is overdone is a different story. I am willing to wager any amount of money that the cheesers complain about it and it will be patched

# 14 Vni @ 08/19/12 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Heyt, I know it should be realistic but whether or not people will feel it is overdone is a different story. I am willing to wager any amount of money that the cheesers complain about it and it will be patched
Yeah. You can still turn off fatigue offline, and probably 2K should make arcadey servers so cheesers can enjoy a less complicated game online.

It's kind of annoying that when you play in sim leagues your players don't ever get tired and you still have tu sub them for realism sake. I want true sim servers settings.

I think it's time 2K make a choice of either making a sim game or making an arcadey game. Or offer the two different experiences online by making SIM and DEFAULT sliders revelant.

# 15 UnbelievablyRAW @ 08/19/12 10:55 AM
Really hope the sliding animation when you go the wrong way on d isn't triggered out of the defenders control. It should only happen if you're pressing R2+ L2 while pressing D and you shift the wrong way.

Also, for the dribbling moves, I hope 2k recognizes that the NBA isn't street ball. No one "crosses" defenders just to get by them using intricate moves (only Chris Paul, Deron and Jamal do this occasionally). Most of it is a quick side to side crossover move or an in and out (think Dwyane Wade when he fakes going through a screen)

We shouldn't need to cross a player over using street ball moves just to get by them. I hope that if you try to hard to pull off fancy stuff that you lose the ball 50% of the time because in real life people are t getting dropped every offensive possession

# 16 iLLosophy @ 08/19/12 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Chris Smoove plays on PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
the "automatic movement" that he talked about where his defender reacted without controller input is troubling...they added some of those auto animations in 2k12 and they were infuriating when they happened.
For me they only happen when you turn up Defensive Assist. I assume it's a counterbalance measure to keep Defensive Assistance from being too powerful. I don't ever remember having that issue when I have Defensive Assistance at 0. If fact, when I play against other players, I use that as a tell to see if the opponent is playing on ball defense.

# 17 The 24th Letter @ 08/19/12 11:28 AM
Quote:
I don't remember these at all in 2k12 when it came to dribbling...now in 2k10, you could do a size up and it would automatically suck the defense into an animation....but I havent seen that since...

Great to know "shot clock cheese" was a point of discussion...also that blocking is back!!

# 18 blues rocker @ 08/19/12 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I don't remember these at all in 2k12 when it came to dribbling...now in 2k10, you could do a size up and it would automatically suck the defense into an animation....but I havent seen that since...
it didn't happen so much on offense, it was more noticeable when controlling defenders.

in 2k12 when guarding the ball handler, the game would often make your player automatically react to pump fakes where he would automatically put his hand up and shift his feet to the side, even if you didn't do anything on the controller...it was very frustrating. or your player would automatically reach for a steal when close to the ball handler, even if you didn't press the steal button...that crap made me so mad.

# 19 blues rocker @ 08/19/12 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy

For me they only happen when you turn up Defensive Assist. I assume it's a counterbalance measure to keep Defensive Assistance from being too powerful. I don't ever remember having that issue when I have Defensive Assistance at 0. If fact, when I play against other players, I use that as a tell to see if the opponent is playing on ball defense.
i always just used to default settings...i never messed with the defensive assistance level...what was the default level for it?

# 20 Vni @ 08/19/12 11:46 AM
Quote:
it didn't happen so much on offense, it was more noticeable when controlling defenders.

in 2k12 when guarding the ball handler, the game would often make your player automatically react to pump fakes where he would automatically put his hand up and shift his feet to the side, even if you didn't do anything on the controller...it was very frustrating.
You have the defensive assist on blues rocker. Go check in option > pad configuation. If it's at 0 your player NEVER reacts to pump fake on its own.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.