Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

In today's Madden Monday, Madden NFL 13's Presentation Designer, Patrick Bellanca talks about the presentation in the game.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gronk4M13 @ 08/20/12 11:15 AM
That throwback jersey made Ben Roethlisberger look like a bumble bee.

Seriously though, it all sounds good.

# 2 Reed1417 @ 08/20/12 11:29 AM
I love alternate jerseys so i cannot wait to see more.

# 3 flyboyspitta @ 08/20/12 11:36 AM
Looks like Madden will be great this year, i mean i always think it improves every year. This year especially

# 4 SageInfinite @ 08/20/12 12:01 PM
I got a question, why'd you guys remove all the dynamic camera cuts and zooms you gave us in Madden 12? Lol. Why was this area dumbed down? Why did you choose to show the same cut scene after almost every play this year? I would love to see those answered.

# 5 TreyIM2 @ 08/20/12 12:11 PM
Oh, they DID palette swap on Jim and Phil's shirts and ties. Lol. That's good, I guess. This Madden Monday was a bit weak, tho. I know they got KILLED with more presentation questions that was more presentation related. Madden Moments are not related to presentation. That's a game play mode. Whatever...

Anyway, what's in the demo is cool for now and I'm really digging the game. I thought we'd see a halftime deally of Jim and Phil, at least, but only a pre-game. Hope to see more of that presentation element going forward.

# 6 CajunPunk @ 08/20/12 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I got a question, why'd you guys remove all the dynamic camera cuts and zooms you gave us in Madden 12? Lol. Why was this area dumbed down? Why did you choose to show the same cut scene after almost every play this year? I would love to see those answered.
I'm sure he will be swift to respond.

# 7 PacMan3000 @ 08/20/12 12:37 PM
Quote:
I'd love to know why this was removed, too.

# 8 SageInfinite @ 08/20/12 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
I'm sure he will be swift to respond.

# 9 DJ @ 08/20/12 01:08 PM
Quote:
I'd love to hear the answer to this as well, Sage.

# 10 JJT @ 08/20/12 01:33 PM
for the achievement guys, at least the madden moment had tebow in OT. That shouldn't be to bad to get now.

# 11 Aggies7 @ 08/20/12 02:16 PM
Looks good but really nothing new

# 12 CatMan72 @ 08/20/12 03:40 PM
Sweet... now if they could just get the most basic elements of the Panthers uniforms right (like they had them last year)

# 13 MR Anderson310 @ 08/20/12 05:28 PM
yeah sounds cool but this stuff should have been in the game ... like more cleat options an what not .. but it looks like thats the case this year so good for madden .

# 14 CT Pitbull @ 08/20/12 06:45 PM
really truly honestly ..NEXT YEAR EA needs to give us a customizeable playable camera option ...this way EVERYONE is happy and we the consumer are not just stuck with what we are given...its really long overdue and has to be addressed with madden 14

# 15 SageInfinite @ 08/22/12 08:55 PM
Quote:
I'd really like to get an answer to this. Maybe they can patch it in?

# 16 Bgamer90 @ 08/22/12 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Hmmmm, sorry but what presentation?

Seriously, EA purchased the ESPN license for 15 years back in early 2005 and over 7 1/2 years later, its still NOT in Madden. I dont understand that. Personally, I think that they purchased the ESPN license just to take it away from 2K's other sports games. Why EA just doesnt copy 2K5, add to it is beyond me. Seriously, copy 2K5 and wham, done.

Playing the demo, I can barely see who the player of the game is and majority of the time, its a player who SHOULDNT be the player of the game. UGH.
So it isn't "presentation" unless it has a real TV network logo(s)?

That's kind of silly.

# 17 PacMan3000 @ 08/22/12 11:01 PM
Does anyone know if the lead producer (or lead game designer, I guess) of the 2K games was the same person throughout the entire run of that series? I always felt that their presentation took bigger and bigger steps towards authenticity, and I'm wondering if it's because they had the same person in place running the ship, so to speak.

With Madden and presentation, it often feels a bit back and forth year to year, and I know the person running the show seems to change every 3 years, give or take.

For example, my guess is that the replays in Madden 13 look the way they do because of Cam Weber's presence, who previously worked on NCAA, where they also utilized those 3 scene replay/splices.

# 18 SageInfinite @ 08/23/12 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Does anyone know if the lead producer (or lead game designer, I guess) of the 2K games was the same person throughout the entire run of that series? I always felt that their presentation took bigger and bigger steps towards authenticity, and I'm wondering if it's because they had the same person in place running the ship, so to speak.

With Madden and presentation, it often feels a bit back and forth year to year, and I know the person running the show seems to change every 3 years, give or take.

For example, my guess is that the replays in Madden 13 look the way they do because of Cam Weber's presence, who previously worked on NCAA, where they also utilized those 3 scene replay/splices.
Yeah those really need to go.

# 19 roadman @ 08/23/12 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
There's no halftime show, no highlights, no post game show with highlights, no player of the game interview or at least a close up of the player with his stats as opposed to being interviewed from a side camera that you can barely see and lasts for two seconds. Thats what I meant. It doesnt need the actual ESPN, CBS, FOX, etc. logo but it does need a LOT of work and thats an understatement.

Seriously, watch videos on youtube of 2K5's presentation. Its just sad that eight years later and in so many ways, EA still hasnt matched let alone surpass an eight year old game on a previous generation system.

Sorry.....I know everyone here loves Madden but come on, I see even Madden fans complain every year about the same stuff and it never gets solved. Its time EA and Tiburon build the game from the ground up and add in what should have been added years ago. And I dont just mean presentation.
They gutted out the Extra Point in Madden 12 because they told us they didn't like it and want want to redo it to their liking.

Not sure if I see anything wrong with that.

Halftime show I just button through to get to the second half anyway.

Games already take well over an hour for me to play as it is.

Game saves would be nice, then.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.