Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports just revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings for 3 more players.

Kobe Bryant - 93
Carmelo Anthony - 92
Rajon Rondo - 90

They already announced Kevin Durant is rated 95, Blake Griffin at 87 and Harrison Barnes at 75.

What are your thoughts on the NBA 2K13 player ratings so far?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 unknowndevil @ 08/28/12 12:05 AM
I really don't see any wrong with the rating system for Kobe (I don't really care about others because I'm not knowledge enough to say others without really watching their game).
Kobe's overall should still be above 90, as his off/def awareness is still top in the league (and those two attributes do most at 2k rating system)

and just saying, overall doesn't mean everything in 2k rating system.

# 62 RedSceptile @ 08/28/12 12:26 AM
It's been proven by many roster makers that the overall ratings don't mean jack diddly. Take someone like say Chris Paul, move him to SG and watch his overall jump by 3-4 points. Each position has a different rating scale that values certain attributes higher (Dirk for example his 3 point shooting doesn't value much as a 4 but make him a 3 and watch his overall jump 4 points or so).

It's the nature of the beast.

# 63 djwax90 @ 08/28/12 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Rondo current 2K12 living roster 86 2K13 90. That is a huge jump so they must have bumped up his shooting from his playoff play or tweaked what the ratings mean. I hope they don't have Rondo making crazy amounts of jumpers because of what he did in the playoffs. I mean the rest of his attributes are maxed out for passing, and defense.
You do realize it's possible to be rated 90 and even higher while also having 25 MID and 25 3PT, right?

# 64 mokilla22 @ 08/28/12 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
Kobe was 2nd in scoring for whatever thats worth.
I think Rondo should be like 88 or 89 no jumpshot. & jumpshooting has a lot of ratings mid,3,runner,fade away,etc
no way rondo should be overall higer maybe 91 or 92 hes the best point gaurd in the nba he showed that he can shoot the ball in playoffs and he averaged 2-3 thress a game cp3 did that to and rondo does more then any pg in the nba he has more triple double then all players in the nba combined and he had like 30 double doubles in a 66 game season u gotta look at the ratings he high at passing dribbling scoring which includes dunks layups short range mid range and three ball which he proved to be a better then last year so he should be a B- maybe and he gets crazy rebounds defense and IQ he freethrows improved come on he does way more then cp3 russell westbrooke and drose its only one player that almost does everything like rondo and thats tony parker so gig him his props

# 65 SaylaB @ 08/28/12 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
ratings are important man. Playing offline association is just one mode compared to the multiple modes for online gaming. Ratings need to be as correct as possible. I understand the bias of this group but gotta consider the entire game instead of 5% of it
What about the other offline game modes? I'm not certain of the make up for 2k13, but I'm assuming there will be just as many offline modes as there are online modes, or maybe just 1 or 2 more online modes. So, instead of that 5% of the game you were talking about, it should probably be raised to about 40 or 45 percent of the game, for purely offline gameplay.

I know where you're coming from, and understand you completely, but there's no reason to understate the offline modes in the way that you did. 5%? Really? That's grossly inaccurate.

# 66 JwP23 @ 08/28/12 03:18 AM
Whoever rates these players = Fail

# 67 24 @ 08/28/12 03:20 AM
People need to calm down. You don't like the ratings given to certain players??? well theirs this fantastic feature call "edit player" where you can modify a players ratings to what you see fit.

# 68 cmebfresh @ 08/28/12 04:03 AM
i hope rondo rating matter

# 69 jr2424 @ 08/28/12 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can I live
You all do know Carmelo is the best scorer in the league right ? he should be in the 90's anyway
Kevin Durant

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

# 70 danjeffery08 @ 08/28/12 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
People need to calm down. You don't like the ratings given to certain players??? well theirs this fantastic feature call "edit player" where you can modify a players ratings to what you see fit.
it isnt fantastic though. if you want to automatically update rosters so trades and transactions can be done, then all that is erased. if you edit them yourself, you gotta do all the transactions yourself, so its poor

# 71 taiketsu @ 08/28/12 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie
Kobe just finished his worst season in efficiency and turnovers per game, and also once again shot a terrible fg% at 43%. He also just finished his 3rd straight post season failing to hit a game winning or tying shot. No way in hell should he be a 93. And he's 7/27 on playoff game winning or tying, so he definitely should NOT have any clutch signatures either . Carmelo a 92? I'm done. 2k needs to hire rashidi to do their player ratings and stop giving guys high ratings who shouldn't have them because of their cry baby fans complaining and threatening not to buy the game.

Looks like you're the first guy on this thread "threatening not to buy the game". By overreacting in the exact same manner you just complained about, you are the "crybaby" here. You don't even know how these ratings will be reflected in gameplay at this point.

# 72 LS33 @ 08/28/12 07:39 AM
Make up your mind 2k Melo was a 92 you dropped him to an 88...rondo was a 90 you dropped him to a 86 or something

# 73 barimanlhs @ 08/28/12 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSensui
No offense to Laker fans, but Kobe's ratings are going by name alone nowadays...He doesn't even score efficiently anymore.
He never has.....

# 74 michaelsan @ 08/28/12 07:43 AM
i don't know why you people still complain about ratings when you can easily change them by yourself

# 75 barimanlhs @ 08/28/12 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
I think some of the ratings are treated as "filler" as far as impact on the game anyway. Anybody who plays MyPlayer knows how much Awareness ratings impact your overall, but as far as gameplay goes you only notice very subtle changes...at least playing against other users.
Anyone that plays MyPLayer should also realize that overall rating doesnt mean a thing. Most players start out at a 65, yet they are scoring 50 points, grabbing 15 rebounds, and dishing 12 asts. And like you said, Awareness boosts your rating like crazy.

# 76 RedSceptile @ 08/28/12 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
Anyone that plays MyPLayer should also realize that overall rating doesnt mean a thing. Most players start out at a 65, yet they are scoring 50 points, grabbing 15 rebounds, and dishing 12 asts. And like you said, Awareness boosts your rating like crazy.
This a thousand times over. In 2K11 when our myplayer started at like 40 overall or whatever dudes were putting up Wilt Chamberlain numbers. Overall doesn't mean ish.

# 77 KB2009Champ @ 08/28/12 08:12 AM
It looks like we're going to get another batch of ratings today who do you think we're going to find out about?

# 78 Thunder Storm @ 08/28/12 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsan
i don't know why you people still complain about ratings when you can easily change them by yourself
This is a pretty stupid question and I'm sure you are aware of the fact that most people play online and while paying online you would know that players cannot be edited.

with that said, the ratings are not a huge deal and I do believe people should calm down.

# 79 Kashanova @ 08/28/12 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsan
can't change them online though

# 80 BlakkMajik3000 @ 08/28/12 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
This is a pretty stupid question and I'm sure you are aware of the fact that most people play online and while paying online you would know that players cannot be edited.

with that said, the ratings are not a huge deal and I do believe people should calm down.
Um, says who? The fact is that in most games, regardless of genre, only a small percentage play on-line. Call of Duty sells more copies in 24 hours than 95% of games will sell ever. You ever see 20 million people on-line playing it? No, and you never will.

Methinks you should actually do some research before calling someone else stupid and making blanket statements that are flat out lies.

On topic, overall means squat and I'm surprised we are still arguing about it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.