Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

During the 2K Live-stream, we managed to capture Kevin Durant's Signature Skills for NBA 2K13. As Ronnie explained, Durant will have the Shot Creator, Microwave, Deadeye, Closer and Finisher Signature Skills. The image also shows a glimpse at what Jay-Z has been working on, as Executive Producer.

LD2K mentioned via Twitter the following.

Quote:
The difference between a FINISHER & a CLOSER is:
  • CLOSER: This player raises his game in clutch moments.
  • FINISHER: This player is adept at finishing contact layups and dunks at a higher rate than others.
More details in the Dev writeup (and video) coming Sunday via the Live-stream.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ojandpizza @ 08/31/12 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Will we be able to edit signature skills? Add and remove them as we see fit?
I really hope so.. I also hope players can develop or lose them over time in association mode

# 42 Biagas @ 08/31/12 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyyyyyymacarena
well he measured 6"9 out of his shoes on his pre draft combine measurements. Dwight measured 6"9 as well.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kevin-Durant-390/

Most nbaers go by their measured height plus an inch and a half like Dwight measuring at 6"11, when in reality hes more like 6"9.
I think KD grew like an inch honestly, He was like 19 when he went to seattle

Could be wrong though

# 43 rbillan @ 08/31/12 08:08 PM
Is there soemthing you have to do to activate these signature skills during the game? Or just from the way your playing he has the ability to close hard, heat up faster etc?

# 44 Genocide3883 @ 08/31/12 08:10 PM
I just hope the clutch favor doesn't mean you can hit game winners 9/10 times even with A+ defense on you each time. Cheesing ahoy

# 45 The 24th Letter @ 08/31/12 08:13 PM
I like it...reminds me a lot of APF...

# 46 DatGD12guage @ 08/31/12 08:15 PM
I'm really digging the possibilities with these skills.................?

Interesting so......... Kobe as far as SHOOTING

Mid-rage: bout 80, Consistency: bout 85, Microwave, dead-eye, closer, shot creator

Is there still a consistency rating?

might be a good combination to make kobe a streaky shooter able to make tough shots and have some high scoring games with a high percentage and some with a low percentage...............?

# 47 Thunder Storm @ 08/31/12 08:18 PM
this whole "finisher" thing sounds scary... I'm visualizing an excessive amount of and 1 calls ..

I hope it only applies to SIT.

# 48 Genocide3883 @ 08/31/12 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Storm
this whole "finisher" thing sounds scary... I'm visualizing an excessive amount of and 1 calls ..

I hope it only applies to SIT.
hence why the clutch skill scares me, game winner cheese

# 49 heyyyyyyymacarena @ 08/31/12 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide3883
I just hope the clutch favor doesn't mean you can hit game winners 9/10 times even with A+ defense on you each time. Cheesing ahoy
If they can it would be simulation nba. Great players like kobe, mj and lebron aren't shut down by defense. You will have to keep it out of their hands or foul.

# 50 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/31/12 08:23 PM
Quote:
If they can it would be simulation nba. Great players like kobe, mj and lebron aren't shut down by defense. You will have to keep it out of their hands or foul.
Kobe (even though he's overrated), Jordan, LeBron, etc., are great players in the clutch because they're great players period. It's up to the user/CPU to get the ball to those players in the best possible position to succeed in the clutch. There's no magical ability in real life to hit shots with a certain amount of time on the game clock.

# 51 Thunder Storm @ 08/31/12 08:26 PM
Quote:
Exaggeration.

# 52 heyyyyyyymacarena @ 08/31/12 08:51 PM
Certain players like Kobe, MJ, Lebron, Tim Duncan, Manu, Derek Fisher, Bird and Magic will have a better chance to hit shots. This can also be true for guys like Mr. Big shot and Big Shot Bob. They have made big shots and that is why they players like that will get those signature skills.

# 53 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/31/12 08:53 PM
Quote:
Certain players like Kobe, MJ, Lebron, Tim Duncan, Manu, Derek Fisher, Bird and Magic will have a better chance to hit shots. This can also be true for guys like Mr. Big shot and Big Shot Bob. They have made big shots and that is why they players like that will get those signature skills.
Those players can ALREADY HIT SHOTS outside of the clutch.

In all actuality, great players generally tend to get WORSE in the clutch. But the media has created this false concept of magical clutch ability that people are buying it, and now 2K is drinking the kool-aid as well.

# 54 Goffs @ 08/31/12 08:56 PM
I want it to be balanced I don't want to see half of the sig skills go to the offense...

ten each for offense and defense....the other ten could be passive like floor general...

# 55 iLLosophy @ 08/31/12 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I want it to be balanced I don't want to see half of the sig skills go to the offense...

ten each for offense and defense....the other ten could be passive like floor general...
Defense always gets the short end of the stick. Just the nature of the beast. Pretty sure the overall weighs offense more than defense for most positions outside of maybe Center. Plus stats wise, offense has way more data available than defense (and the ones available aren't usually that accurate).

# 56 ShowNProve @ 08/31/12 09:14 PM
He's 6'11 same height as K.G. Get it RIGHT 2k.....

# 57 Joobieo @ 08/31/12 09:34 PM
Loving the new layout.

# 58 VDusen04 @ 08/31/12 10:07 PM
I don't mind the menu layout. It kind of looks like a movie theatre lobby though.

# 59 RyanFitzmagic @ 08/31/12 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Clutch shouldn't be a boost to your attributes, it should be a sign to show your players composure, attentiveness, all that ish when the time counts. Players with lower Clutch ratings should falter under extreme circumstances .... someone like Anthony Morrow who has 88 3PT shot will be nervous, less likely to knock a game winner than Kobe Bryant. I think that should be the way clutch works... not boost attributes - maintain your attributes in tight situations.
Very good points, but I don't know if players who aren't known as being clutch would necessarily be nervous. Lots of role players hit big shots at the end of games.

# 60 mymannemcee @ 08/31/12 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide3883
hence why the clutch skill scares me, game winner cheese
...hitting game winners with close out performers is cheese? Take some responsibility for yourself and play incredible defense. Works the majority of the time.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.