Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports has revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings for 3 more players.
  • Austin Rivers - 67
  • Chris Paul - 94
  • Amare Stoudemire - 84
Previously revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings below.
  • Andrew Bynum - 87
  • Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - 78
  • Tyreke Evans - 81
  • Michael Jordan - 99
  • Derrick Rose - 92
  • Allen Iverson - 95 (00-01 NBA Finals Iverson)
  • Jared Dudley - 75
  • Thomas Robinson - 75
  • Scottie Pippen - 92
  • Kevin Love - 89
  • Anthony Davis - 80
  • Monta Ellis - 86
  • Dion Waiters - 71
  • Andre Iguodala - 87
  • Kobe Bryant - 93
  • Carmelo Anthony - 92
  • Rajon Rondo - 90
  • Kevin Durant - 94 (Dropped 1 point)
  • Blake Griffin - 86 (Dropped 1 point)
  • Harrison Barnes - 75

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Norris_Cole @ 09/07/12 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
He played on a horrible team and was forced to take tough shots and lots of shots.. I guess you only watched last season and not any other year of his career?
That's not an excuse, there are a lot of players who play in even worse teams and don't average 40%. Have you ever heard about Kyrie Irving for example?

And what does his career have to do with that? This is 2k13, his bad last year is obviously going to be the main source when it comes to decide his rating/attributes

# 142 Colts18 @ 09/07/12 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
It's not jumping any firearms. John Wall came into the league with elite speed. He didn't need to have set a single foot on an NBA court to know that.

Certain things can just be taken on solid assumptions. Such as Davis's shot blocking or Rivers's ball handling. Davis had an all-time year sending people's shots the other way. It's not jumping to gun to say he should be doing damn good in the NBA too. If they're wrong and their skills don't pan out right away, that's what roster updates are for.
Again, I am talking about skills and not physical attributes for the 500th time.

Speed and vertical ability are physical traits.

We are talking about skills.

Skills have to be proven vs. Elite competition before a ROOKIE can be labeled elite.

And nobody said Davis' shotblocking and River's ballhandling aren't impressive. I am simply saying before they get a SIG SKILL, what is wrong with them simply having a high rating?

They haven't earned skills yet.

And if they show that they are Elite in those categories, that is what roster updates are for. See how that works?

# 143 Colts18 @ 09/07/12 10:45 PM
Honestly, I think the issue here is some are viewing Sig Skills as simply abilities. Meaning being able to at a decent, good clip. I am viewing them as Standout Skills. Exceptional abilities in certain categories. The top 3 or so % in the league. The Elite. The Anti-Occupy Players.

If you viewed it the way I am viewing it you wouldn't be so quick to argue for putting some damn rookies in that elite company.

You could see those sentiments in the, "Name the Sig Skills for your team" thread. Folks just giving out sig skills like hotcakes. As if everyone deserves at least one sig skill. This isn't a charity folks.

# 144 Joobieo @ 09/07/12 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Someone that has never played an NBA minute is underrated? Cool.
Exactly what I was thinking , let's see how he does first .

# 145 Eman5805 @ 09/08/12 12:00 AM
Quote:
Again, I am talking about skills and not physical attributes for the 500th time.

Speed and vertical ability are physical traits.

We are talking about skills.

Skills have to be proven vs. Elite competition before a ROOKIE can be labeled elite.

And nobody said Davis' shotblocking and River's ballhandling aren't impressive. I am simply saying before they get a SIG SKILL, what is wrong with them simply having a high rating?

They haven't earned skills yet.

And if they show that they are Elite in those categories, that is what roster updates are for. See how that works?
And I am simply saying, why wait? Odds are they'll get those sig skills anyway. For fear of being wrong? Also, you seem to think these skills are reserved for the elite when I think that's not at all what they're for.

What rating do you need to have to be a Scrapper? Or a Fast Break Starter? These skills aren't necessarily for the best of the best, but for the ones who these skills embody as players on the court. Rivers is already going to handle the rock like a fiend and Davis is already going to be trying his best to lock down the paint. You've already said their skills in those areas are impressive as it stands right now.

Good enough for me. Those skills are part of why they were drafted where they were.

Which is why I don't think Chris Paul should have Ankle Breaker. Not because he's not good enough, he damn sure is, but because I wouldn't define his play style as predicated around fancy dribble moves to shake defenders.

And to your point specifically, I'd say it's really those intangible skills that he'd have to earn rather than the physical ones. Like giving if one of Rivers's skills was Floor General right. Of course that'd be absurd. Or giving Davis Lockdown Defender or Defensive Anchor. I fully expect him to become one if not both of those someday, but that's certainly something he has to earn.

# 146 Colts18 @ 09/08/12 12:08 AM
So the argument is simply:

Me: Start them out with nothing, if they earn them, give it to them

You: Start them out with something, if they don't deserve them, take them away.

# 147 Eman5805 @ 09/08/12 12:12 AM
Quote:

V Arguments in there V

# 148 Norris_Cole @ 09/08/12 12:20 AM
Quote:

Basically that, I'm part of the 2nd group by the way. No need to underrate good players who clearly have those skills just because they are rookies. And we all know we can't trust the 2k insider to update the players on a regular basis

# 149 ojandpizza @ 09/08/12 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norris_Cole
That's not an excuse, there are a lot of players who play in even worse teams and don't average 40%. Have you ever heard about Kyrie Irving for example?

And what does his career have to do with that? This is 2k13, his bad last year is obviously going to be the main source when it comes to decide his rating/attributes
You're completely clueless

# 150 ojandpizza @ 09/08/12 03:51 AM
Quote:
Basically that, I'm part of the 2nd group by the way. No need to underrate good players who clearly have those skills just because they are rookies. And we all know we can't trust the 2k insider to update the players on a regular basis
So you're saying since Rivers played fairly good in college he should have a great overall rating for a rookie... But since Deron Williams has often been considered the best PG in the NBA but had one off season playing with a crappy team his rating should be dropped? YOU MAKE ZERO SENSE!

Also you hated on Deron for shooting 40% while having to play on a horrible team and take lots of shots, and lots of difficult shots.. How about Rivers during summer league.. 10PPG, 2Reb, 3Ast, 21%FG, and 12%3FG... That's a true scoring champ right there! That's some very impressive shooting much better than Williams.. GOOD CALL buddy!

# 151 ojandpizza @ 09/08/12 04:49 AM
Since Deron playing for a horrible team in your opinion should in no way hurt his production I'll compare him to a guard who plays for a GREAT team and the see what you think..

FG % 43, FG% 40, FG% 47, FG%44
FT% 81, FT%. 84, FT% 86, FT%59
3PT% 31, 3PT% 34, 3PT% 37, 3%23
PPG-22, PPG-21 PPG - 19, PPG- 12
APG- 7.9, APG- 8.7, APG- 9, APG- 11
SPG- .9, SPG- 1.2, SPG- 2.5,SPG-1.8

Player on the left - D Rose, next player - Deron Williams, next player- CP, far right- Rondo..... So since Deron's past season was so "horrible" I guess that means Rose's and Rondo's was equally bad, and CP wasn't much better.. Yet Rose and CP get constant praise in every one of these rating threads..

# 152 Norris_Cole @ 09/08/12 07:24 AM
Quote:
So you're saying since Rivers played fairly good in college he should have a great overall rating for a rookie... But since Deron Williams has often been considered the best PG in the NBA but had one off season playing with a crappy team his rating should be dropped? YOU MAKE ZERO SENSE!

Also you hated on Deron for shooting 40% while having to play on a horrible team and take lots of shots, and lots of difficult shots.. How about Rivers during summer league.. 10PPG, 2Reb, 3Ast, 21%FG, and 12%3FG... That's a true scoring champ right there! That's some very impressive shooting much better than Williams.. GOOD CALL buddy!
3 straight posts, really dude? I see truth hurts... And Stop putting things in my mouth that I didn't say, kid. Who said anything about Rivers? And I already answered to your argument about Deron playing for a crappy team and "being forced" to take a lot of shots, stop repeating yourself because that's not an excuse

Two words : Kyrie Irving

# 153 Colts18 @ 09/08/12 08:49 AM
Quote:
Underrate? Again, we didn't lose actual attributes. What is the harm in giving them an adequate rating instead of an actual skill? Just because Rivers doesn't have AnkleBreaker won't mean he couldn't be a very good ball handler in the game. Same with Davis. Without the Eraser Skill, he could very well still block a high number of shots.

So for you to say I am not acknowledging that these players do posses a skill isn't accurate. I have alreayd acknowledged the skill but I am not in the business of giving them an "Elite" title. Which Sig Skills seem to represent.

# 154 iLLosophy @ 09/08/12 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
They don't mean that though. Just because you give someone a sig skill doesn't mean it is necessarily an Elite title.

Shane Battier has 5 of them.
Bosh has 1.

Does that mean Battier > Bosh? Of course not.
I think they said only certain ones are elite. Pretty sure ones like Alley Ooper and Corner 3 might be spread out more than say Floor General or defensive anchor.

# 155 Colts18 @ 09/08/12 10:23 AM
Quote:
They don't mean that though. Just because you give someone a sig skill doesn't mean it is necessarily an Elite title.

Bosh has 1.

I don't even know what you are saying. Re-read what you said please.

Battier has more than Bosh because there are more sig skills that he excels in. Nothing further. How you deduced that I am saying that Battier is better than Bosh because of that is beyond me. Don't even know where that type of logic is taught.

# 156 Colts18 @ 09/08/12 10:27 AM
And the skills that we are discussing here (ankle breaker + eraser) are skills for players that have shown (past tense) that they are on top of the world when it comes to breaking down NBA Defenders and denying shots at the rim put up by NBA Offensive Players.

Other than that, Rivers and Davis can get ratings just like the rest of the world until they have proven that they need to sit in Elite Company and graduate from just having a rating.

Again, I think some of you forget we have ratings.

# 157 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/08/12 01:17 PM
Quote:
Since Deron playing for a horrible team in your opinion should in no way hurt his production I'll compare him to a guard who plays for a GREAT team and the see what you think..

FG % 43, FG% 40, FG% 47, FG%44
FT% 81, FT%. 84, FT% 86, FT%59
3PT% 31, 3PT% 34, 3PT% 37, 3%23
PPG-22, PPG-21 PPG - 19, PPG- 12
APG- 7.9, APG- 8.7, APG- 9, APG- 11
SPG- .9, SPG- 1.2, SPG- 2.5,SPG-1.8

Player on the left - D Rose, next player - Deron Williams, next player- CP, far right- Rondo..... So since Deron's past season was so "horrible" I guess that means Rose's and Rondo's was equally bad, and CP wasn't much better.. Yet Rose and CP get constant praise in every one of these rating threads..
Well, winning should count for something- it represents intangibles that numbers cannot capture- and DWill has NEVER won on the level of those other 3 guards. That's why he's never the top ranked point guard. He's in the discussion, sure, but losing puts him at a disadvantage. It just does. Does that mean he should be dropped into the 80's, hell no, but it does cost him a point or two and it's why CP3 always gets rated higher (not to mention CP3's better defense/steals/assists numbers) and it's probably what gives Rose that slight edge.

If it weren't for winning intangibles, I'd guess DWill would surpass Rose in overall ratings. As it is, he still will/should be rated higher than Rondo (look at those shooting percentages- ouch!), but it'll be close, as Rondo has proven to have winning intangibles and DWill has not.

If 2K didn't take winning into account, then players like Corey Magette would be video game all-stars and in the playoffs every year of your Association. Winning matters; it's an actual reflection of players being/playing better than other players, whether their individual stats reflect it or not.

# 158 Belly_of_a_Whale @ 09/08/12 01:32 PM
2K has well over 286,000 followers- where are my ratings!! I don't care if it IS the weekend!

Hoping to get Barkley's rating. Would also be interested in Bosh, DWill, Lillard, Wade, Batum, TP, Roy, Beal, Kyrie, Nash, Pau, Kirelinko, Shved, Ray, Dirk, Aldridge, Howard, Adam Morrison etc etc etc etc...

# 159 Phreezy P @ 09/08/12 01:40 PM
Quote:

Bosh has 1.

Where did you get that info?

# 160 Colts18 @ 09/08/12 03:53 PM
Deron not winning is not his fault. I don't think anyone has ever partially blamed him either. Rose and CP3 just have been more fortunate. I wouldn't dare say that they are automatically better leaders because their teams have had more success. There are so many holes in that standpoint.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.