Home
FIFA 13 News Post

The FIFA 13 demo is available now for 360 and PC. You can download the PC demo right here and queue up the 360 demo here.

The PS3 demo should be available sometime this afternoon, we'll update the post when it's available.

Teams featured in the FIFA 13 demo are AC Milan, Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus and Manchester City. All matches will be played in Etihad – Manchester City in dry, daytime weather with 3 minute halves and you will be able to upload goals and images from the FIFA13 demo to http://www.easportsfootball.com.

Play a few games and post your impressions.

Game: FIFA Soccer 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
FIFA Soccer 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 KG @ 09/11/12 05:00 PM
Does increasing pass error still result in bouncy passes?

# 62 RoyceDa59 @ 09/11/12 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Does increasing pass error still result in bouncy passes?
Just tested it by putting it down to 20 than 15 and the bouncy pass is still there.

# 63 aarontab @ 09/11/12 05:27 PM
I've noticed that the CPU defense is EXTREMELY good at tackling right before you go to take a shot. I have only been able to shoot from distance outside of the box, if i'm in a decent spot to shoot anywhere else i get closed down immediately.

That's a good thing from a realism perspective but ONLY if it goes both ways. EA has always had a knack for giving the CPU advantages that make it like each team is playing a different game entirely. In last years' game i would shoot 30 times and score once and the CPU would shoot twice and score twice, for example.

# 64 RoyceDa59 @ 09/11/12 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
I've noticed that the CPU defense is EXTREMELY good at tackling right before you go to take a shot. I have only been able to shoot from distance outside of the box, if i'm in a decent spot to shoot anywhere else i get closed down immediately.

That's a good thing from a realism perspective but ONLY if it goes both ways. EA has always had a knack for giving the CPU advantages that make it like each team is playing a different game entirely. In last years' game i would shoot 30 times and score once and the CPU would shoot twice and score twice, for example.
This, the AI is kind of a joke to me and every team in the demo can practically walk the ball the goal line with total disregard to any midfield battle and the AI teammates do not close down at all even enough to help you. The game makes you feel like you are do all the work yourself with one player. I am going to play a little more but overall I am not so impressed but what I am seeing from this game on a tactical standpoint. Besides that animations do look lovely.

# 65 Altimus @ 09/11/12 06:08 PM
Can't get to play the game. It just keeps hanging after picking my favorite club and the music keeps playing

# 66 bigeastbumrush @ 09/11/12 06:10 PM
PS3
I really like the graphics. I also like the physics engine. Saw a lot of tumbles and good contact animations. Saw a lot more fouls called on the CPU.

I feel the AI is improved and plays a more patient game the majority of the time.

That being said...it feels like an older FIFA in a new wrapping to me. Something about the gameplay just doesn't feel quite right to me. I cant put my finger on what exactly it is.

Very visually appealing game though.

# 67 dubcity @ 09/11/12 06:11 PM
It sure as hell isn't perfect, but this game is a million times more fun to play than FIFA 12. I can actually play on World Class with default sliders and not feel like I'm being completely overpowered by a mistake-free CPU. The First Touch helps a ton. The CPU actually makes bad passes and bad touches. You can actually play something other than zonal defense.

Yes, there's no strategy or buildup, but at least the game feels more open than last year. Possession isn't as locked down every time someone touches the ball.

edit: I played it on slow, and it felt just perfect.

# 68 Mo @ 09/11/12 06:52 PM
I went with PES last year, played both of their demos, and now FIFA.

FIFA will be my choice of footy games this year.

# 69 RamzaLugria @ 09/11/12 07:08 PM
Just got off work! Downloading now.
For those interested it's a 1.48 gb download.

# 70 alabamarob @ 09/11/12 07:24 PM
Its way to easy to get scoring opportunities in the demo. The game is to offensive for me, no need to work the ball from side to side. I have been able to get 3 to 5 shots per game. I will try to turn the speed down, and see if that helps. The game is fun (in an indoor soccer kind of way), however it doesn't resemble what I see in real life. Seems like speed and dribbling are overpowered in the demo.

The aerial game is tremendous though. Best I have seen in a soccer game.

# 71 Dazraz @ 09/11/12 07:35 PM
Even on slow the game feels too fast. Almost arcade like in it's rampant pace. This also has a negative effect on visuals, making them jerky, almost has if animation steps are being skipped to keep up with the speed of gameplay. Not as impressed as I expected to be & I found myself enjoying the PES Demo a lot more.
I honestly thought buying FIFA 13 this year was a given but having payed the demo I may just continue with FIFA 12 or switch to PES.

# 72 Dazraz @ 09/11/12 07:39 PM
Another thing I've noticed is the lack of momentum players have. Everyone seems to be able to change directon on a dime. Something just isn't right with the game at least within the demo version.

# 73 Wineclaw @ 09/11/12 08:07 PM
The AI seems tougher than 12, but I haven't played 12 in quite some time, so I might just be out of practice.

# 74 FluffyTonka @ 09/11/12 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
It sure as hell isn't perfect, but this game is a million times more fun to play than FIFA 12. I can actually play on World Class with default sliders and not feel like I'm being completely overpowered by a mistake-free CPU. The First Touch helps a ton. The CPU actually makes bad passes and bad touches. You can actually play something other than zonal defense.

Yes, there's no strategy or buildup, but at least the game feels more open than last year. Possession isn't as locked down every time someone touches the ball.

Just the kind of thing I wanted to hear.

# 75 lnin0 @ 09/11/12 09:08 PM
Much better than FIFA 12.

First touch is nice. It slows the game down a bit and makes everything a little less perfect...and believe me, this game could use more of both.

Ball control works nicely. If you are not using it you are a very easy mark. When you use it you have a little more control so a nearby defender doesn't mean instant take away. It allowed for a little more battling and less reliance on ping pong passing and trick moves.

Manual passing seems nurfed from 12 and there is also no option for "all manual" in the menu which means 'manual' will get no attention from anyone. AI also passed with far too much accuracy - in most cases 85-90% - to make manual a fun option for vsCPU play.

CPU did not really use the middle of the field and played no tactics. Every team feels pretty much like every team when controlled by the CPU. Also don't recall an off sides call in any of the games I played.

The foul issue vs CPU does not seem resolved. I saw zero cards given and only a couple fouls give to the CPU even though they way laid me into the dirt several times. That right there is a huge huge disappointment.

Between the keepers butter fingers and the posts a lot of balls seem to be bouncing back into play and a ton of goals came off of second shots. I don't think I saw any third shots since the AI seems to be so far out of place after one rebound that its as good as gold if someone can just get a toe on the ball.

Graphically the games looks slightly better. Colors are not as 'neon' as last year and the players look a bit better. Menus and all that look the same although they added a couple shots to improve the pre-game, although the lame VS team shots are still there from 12 as well.

Overall I don't see FIFA 13 offering anything new for the offline player. I did not find the vsCPU games all that exciting. Seems about the same as last year with the same foul issue with pass perfect, fast breaking AI that plays the same no matter what the team. Yeah, I like the refined bumping, first touch and jostling but it really doesn't solve the major issues FIFA has with its offline play.

Online I expect the game to be an improvement with the first touch controls and better battle system. I WISH EA gave more incentive to players to use manual controls online ... more coins or their own leaderboard...something... because I would for sure buy this game if I knew there would be a consistent way to hook up with other manual players.

I am a bit concerned about how accurate crosses are and it is yet to be seen if stamina has any part in online games. If they do punish sprint abusers then FIFA could shape up to be a pretty good online game. Not realistic but at least more balanced than it has ever been.

# 76 S1ARk5 @ 09/11/12 09:51 PM
After reading all of the comments in this thread i have to ask myself this question. What the heck are some of you talking about? Iv never seen so many different opinions on something that is so clear. That is, fifa 13 is bynfar better then fifa 12 and one of the best soccer games ever. A little background on me, i have been playing soccer games for over 12 years getting started with PES and then moving onto WE here in the states and now Fifa and PES since FiFA 09. I play both competitvley and master league and manager mode and i am consistently ranked at the top of the world both head to head and clubs. With thatsaid after spending over 500 hours on fifa 12 with pro clubs manager mode and FUT the improvements to FIFA 13 were immediatley noticeable.

The AI for the cpu is much much improved, they see the open more more often, they take more shots and they really take advantage of your defensive miscues. In fifa 12 i would consistently beat the cpu on legendary with ease, today i had to work quite hard for my goals vs cpu on legendary. The gk AI is much improved and punching the ball more rather then magically catching everything. The teammate ai is also much improvoed and smarter to counter this you can tell EA made a real effort to improve then cpu defensiive ai. No more give and goes to score easy goals the cpu dnreadsnthem very wel it also depends on the quality of the defender.

To me this is another amazing product put out bynthe fifa team. I will def sink many hours and love it into pro clubs espacially since it added seasons to itnas well as fut and always 1v1 seasons which added co op!

I will say this my favorite soccer games of all time are PES 4-6 and fifa 12. To me fifa 12 and seems to me fifa 13 strike that perfect balance of realism and arcade and it is perfect for competitive multiplayer. And to me after years of playing both this years PES based on the demo only, which i love as well, is very realistic but unfortunatley total realism doesnt translate to great multiplayer. I will certainlynget both and enjoynthe great realism of PES and master league and FiFA for the unprecendent multiplayer experience and modes, to me it is the best multiplayer sports experience out there and only second my book to splinter cell pandora tomorrow and chaos theory multiplayer overall. Enjoy this fans we will be getting two fantastic soccer games this year, cant wait.

# 77 YoungBuck3 @ 09/11/12 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by facade63
Anyone else think the keepers are better in this compared to recent years.

seem to react alot fast
Definitely, it seems they are much more capable of stringing together saves now rather than if they give up a rebound then they will definitely concede.

# 78 RoyceDa59 @ 09/11/12 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity

I think your post nails the tone of FIFA 13. After playing a little more I can say this, the game is much more varied than last previous versions. I am actually seeing back passes in FIFA I can't believe my eyes! Still there is a lack of mid-field battle, the pace is a little fast even on Slow and the tactics for teams are not really there hence making teams feel similar. I am not completely sold on the game yet because things tend to look pretty good with FIFA at first but besides that I can see some positives with this installment.

# 79 bigdoc85 @ 09/11/12 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
Game feels very similar to 12. I haven't noticed a huge difference aside from first touch control and the ball physics.
At least for me, a casual player who already has FIFA 12, I saw some better play from the AI on the demo but overall the game, FOR ME, wasn't that much of an improvement to make me run out and buy it. I'm guessing I can probably hold out on this for now, especially with NBA 2k 13 on the way in a few weeks. The more advanced gamers seem to notice a lot more of the improvements / differences in the demo. FIFA should only keep getting better each year.

# 80 Panicshade @ 09/11/12 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I think your post nails the tone of FIFA 13. After playing a little more I can say this, the game is much more varied than last previous versions. I am actually seeing back passes in FIFA I can't believe my eyes! Still there is a lack of mid-field battle, the pace is a little fast even on Slow and the tactics for teams are not really there hence making teams feel similar. I am not completely sold on the game yet because things tend to look pretty good with FIFA at first but besides that I can see some positives with this installment.
Yes...even on Slow it is a little quick. Lowering the sliders helps a bit but there are still some times where the CPU seems to get that little bit of extra speed. I adjusted the sliders agin to give the Human AI a small advantage over the CPU (nothing major...just a small raise) and it seemed to even things out more.

If the retail build has tuned a bit more on the Slow setting then I think things will be pretty ok. I am going to mess around with the pass and shot settings to see if that makes things slow down too. I have seen a person or two here make this suggestion and I will try that tomorrow when I have the time.

I did have one time where the First Touch improvments helped me not give up a goal. The CPU had a wide open player in front of the net and when his teammate passed to him he couldn't control it and it bounced away to my defender so I could clear it out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.