Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

While NBA 2K13 will not have Crew Mode, they will include 3 on 3 Blacktop Mode Online, where you can use your MyPlayer and invite your friends to play.

Of course, there is also NBA 2K13 TeamUp, for those that enjoyed the mode last year.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 yungsta404 @ 09/18/12 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumpert21
how you know?
i think people will be running PG , SF, PF/C. smart teams will always have a big man with them.
whoever has a big will be at a disadvantage though. The big will have to guard the three point line and on offense when the big has the ball he will be harassed with reach ins.

# 42 whoahello @ 09/18/12 04:03 PM
Only 3v3? I would like the option of being able to choose 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, or 5v5 in blacktop team up.

# 43 VDusen04 @ 09/18/12 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
yeah, i'm guessing there are performance issues with connecting 10 unique gamers in one game. i can imagine that's why they still haven't brought back crew. i'm sure it's quite an ordeal to handle a game with 10 different gamers controlling each player on the court, with 10 varying internet connections - trying to get stable online performance is probably pretty hard in that scenario.
I actually think that plays a very significant role. That big article written shortly after release of 2K12 (detailing its online struggles) mentioned 2K's ongoing attempt to restructure an online system that previously dated back to Dreamcast. They mentioned Crew in that article and referenced the difficulty that comes along with having 10 gamers on their system all playing at once. It may have been a public relations response, but they stated they didn't want to re-introduce Crew until they knew it could be done right.

I cannot actually look at this article right now, but I think it's the one I'm talking about: http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/10/06...issues-persist

# 44 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 09/18/12 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
am i the only 1 thinking this mode will only be half court with 6 total players. No CPU bots. 3vs3 half court. no free throws,no real gym, having to always take the ball around the 3pt line is going to suck. This will be 2k12s 3on3 challange (DLC) only with My Players. that wasnt fun BTW
I hope it is fullcourt with 2 cpu players on each team, halfcourt would be pretty weak but its better than nothing

# 45 Sneakurs @ 09/18/12 04:33 PM
Would be very disappointing if it is halfcourt.

# 46 yungsta404 @ 09/18/12 04:53 PM
most likely the 3 on 3 will be like the legends DLC last year expect without the cell shading and legends.

gameplay starts at 2:06

# 47 Joobieo @ 09/18/12 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InRodWeTrust
Im cool with this
This is perfect .

Hope it's to 21.

# 48 cavsfan2 @ 09/18/12 05:26 PM
Nice! But I still wanna know what the my player going up against Jordan was all about

# 49 iLLosophy @ 09/18/12 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I actually think that plays a very significant role. That big article written shortly after release of 2K12 (detailing its online struggles) mentioned 2K's ongoing attempt to restructure an online system that previously dated back to Dreamcast. They mentioned Crew in that article and referenced the difficulty that comes along with having 10 gamers on their system all playing at once. It may have been a public relations response, but they stated they didn't want to re-introduce Crew until they knew it could be done right.

I cannot actually look at this article right now, but I think it's the one I'm talking about: http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/10/06...issues-persist
The problem isn't just with 10 people, but 10 my players. Teamup for the most part works pretty well with 10 people. But those rosters are fixed, and they require you to have the most up to date roster on your system before you begin. The problem with crew is you have to upload your myplayer to the server, then the server has to send your myplayer data out to the other 9 people. THEN repeat all these steps for the 9 other players that are joining you in your game. When I saw they separated the My Player from My Career, the first thing I thought of was for this very reason.

I am still curious to see how they plan on preventing hacked players for 360. There is a lot of new pieces in play but I'm still trying to figure out how they fit together.

# 50 slowdifference @ 09/18/12 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
The problem isn't just with 10 people, but 10 my players. Teamup for the most part works pretty well with 10 people. But those rosters are fixed, and they require you to have the most up to date roster on your system before you begin. The problem with crew is you have to upload your myplayer to the server, then the server has to send your myplayer data out to the other 9 people. THEN repeat all these steps for the 9 other players that are joining you in your game. When I saw they separated the My Player from My Career, the first thing I thought of was for this very reason.

I am still curious to see how they plan on preventing hacked players for 360. There is a lot of new pieces in play but I'm still trying to figure out how they fit together.
Ronnie put on twitter all of your myplayer data will be server based.

# 51 iLLosophy @ 09/18/12 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdifference
Ronnie put on twitter all of your myplayer data will be server based.
Then how will offline guys play MyPlayer/MyCareer?

# 52 slowdifference @ 09/18/12 06:15 PM
Quote:
I'm not much of a tech wiz so someone else would have to answer that.

# 53 AI3 @ 09/18/12 06:24 PM
Will we be able to invite 5 friends and choose our teams to play 3v3 with just us?

Or will we only be able to be in a group of 3 and find 3 other randoms?

# 54 JasonMartin @ 09/18/12 06:35 PM
Who cares if you can't play 5 vs 5, 3 vs 3 is really really fun.

Be happy with what you get. Crew sucked anyways.

# 55 VDusen04 @ 09/18/12 08:34 PM
Quote:

Ah yes, that makes very good sense. Thanks for helping in clearing that up.

# 56 sooperb @ 09/18/12 08:38 PM
I would be happy with NBA2K12.5 with the bs comeback mode AI removed. Tomorrow's game with LD2K and Ronald2000 will show me if its fixed or not. I will play everymode in the game. That ultimate team rip off is gonna be sick though. I am an online league person myself and didn't play crew until we were a month away from 2k12. If they fix the in game shenanagins I will be the best again.

No More Pretzels Please!

# 57 420 others @ 09/18/12 08:58 PM
With all of this MyPlayer talk, I thought of something. What if NBA 2K had a Photographic Side of NBA 2K13 like NCAA Football, but with our custom shoes? That's my main reason for wanting to take MyPlayer online: to see the shoes.

# 58 m1ke_nyc @ 09/18/12 09:31 PM
Quote:
You just play it offline, if you connect online then your my player info is stored on the servers.

As far as the topic goes I can see it now, nothing but 7ft tall SF running around. The cheesers will find some way to ruin this mode.

# 59 iH uS K 3 R z @ 09/18/12 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Nothing short of a virtual court and Jordan friend requesting the winning team on Facebook would have made "crew heads" happy.
Yea since people who play association or ranked matches never complain. Give me a break. The people who hate crew are the ones that sucked at it.

# 60 iLLosophy @ 09/18/12 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
You just play it offline, if you connect online then your my player info is stored on the servers.

Well that is where the problem we had from 2k11 presents itself. How does 2k know I didn't artificially boost my guy while I wasn't connected to the internet?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.