Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

ESPN has posted their preview of things to come, for those interested in the NBA 2K13 Facebook and mobile companion apps.

Quote:
Gamers who play “NBA 2K13” on consoles will be most interested in the MyNBA2K app, however, thanks to the ability to improve your “My Career” player by competing in a series of mini-games through your mobile device. Gamers can swipe, touch, and drag their way through free-throw drills, dribbling courses, autograph signings (where you actually sign magazines via touchscreen) and even a Simon-esque playbook game where you need to remember the position assignments on court in order to advance to the next round. Pass a level, earn some virtual currency and upgrade bonuses that can then be assigned back to your player on the 360 and PS3, enabling you bump up key attribute points before a big game.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 deetoman @ 09/22/12 03:29 PM
What is that supposed to mean..... try me.

# 22 ksuttonjr76 @ 09/22/12 03:44 PM
I would use it. Personally, I like the current trend of games companies creating companion android applications to go with their games. When I'm not on my X-Box, I'm on my smartphone.

# 23 2K Labs @ 09/22/12 04:00 PM
The MyTeam integration might be kinda cool...if we can access the Market; but they don't say anything about that.

If they really wanted gamers to treat the Market as a buy-low/sell-high type of mini-game...this is where that could actually be fun.

# 24 Jakeness23 @ 09/22/12 04:11 PM
I don't get on FB much anymore, plus it looks really... childish IMO. BUT, I am on my Droid a lot and it seems like a good time killer. Especially since it unlocks stuff and gets you VC.

# 25 H to the Oza @ 09/22/12 04:34 PM
makes no mention of using it in combination with pc... hmmm

# 26 PippenAintEasy @ 09/22/12 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
That's a good idea, they just need to expand on it. Make it more about you life off the court that can affect your NBA career. You should be able to make choices like, go to the club or get some sleep, you should be able to by cars and homes also; give to charities or blow your money making it rain at the strip club. also you should be able to have a wife with kids, or single with a lot of baby mamas and the child support is deducted out of your NBA check. All the choices you make off the court should affect your play on the court and your popularity with fans and with your team makes. I can see my self playing this game if they go towards that direction.
1. Maybe you should be looking at playing the Sims instead of 2K
2. There is no way in hell that the NBA will ever agree to be attached to a game that lets the player "make it rain at the strip club."
3. Seriously, just play the Sims. It doesn't even sound like you're remotely interested in actually playing a basketball game.

# 27 gausec @ 09/22/12 06:20 PM
This is a decent idea I could see me trying it out at the very least.

# 28 RB10 @ 09/23/12 12:19 AM
I'm gonna guess that this means your MyCAREER guy would have to be connected to the internet to get this to work? Cause I never play Live, don't even have it. Does that mean this wouldn't work for me?

# 29 alphawill @ 09/23/12 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
um this is NBA 2k not NBA Live.
i think hes talkin about xbox live

# 30 nova91 @ 09/23/12 05:27 PM
Some times duty gets boring as hell, I will need something to help get me through a 24 hr. shift. I got Angry Birds, Temple Run and Fruit Ninja and I am bored of all of them. At least it connects to the actual game.

# 31 sleepyshotta @ 09/23/12 08:21 PM
Count me in

# 32 Basketballin @ 09/23/12 10:25 PM
I really hope it looks a lot better than that screenshot. Although I'm really skeptical of the effectiveness of the idea, I'll probably still download because it's FREE

# 33 OOHWEEitsVelvetHoop @ 09/23/12 11:04 PM
looks like there's a max reward (1000 VC) on this ios app, so no spamming the minigames until you get infinite VC (via San Jose Mercury News). def playing the ios app. not that much games i play with my iphone but its a good time killer before school. and lots of minigames to keep you hooked much longer. hopefully there's no "exclusive to the FB/ios game" accessories though

# 34 domidomdomz @ 09/23/12 11:45 PM
These new apps are really nice additions to our NBA 2k experience.

But here's a bit off-topic random thought, hopefully, they didn't forget to enhance the NBA2K.com site.

I want the live OA boxscores back!!

# 35 Gatorfan Frank @ 09/24/12 12:08 AM
Yay! I can't wait to show all my facebook friends how great I am at vitual freethrows! They'll be so excited!!!

# 36 DarkMadness @ 09/24/12 04:06 PM
why have they talked about 2k13 for every system except for the psp smh

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.