Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 demo is available now on the Marketplace for Xbox Live "GOLD" members (available next week for Silver). Most are getting it by searching for "2K13" or going to Genre ---> Sports and Recreation. You can also queue it up right here.

The PS3 demo arrives later this afternoon, we'll update this post when it's available.

UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now. If you don't see it, search for it.

The new controls take a little while to get used to, so make sure you check out the Controls trailer, we posted yesterday.

NBA 2K13 Demo Features:
  • Oklahoma City Thunder at Miami Heat
  • 1 Five minute quarter
  • Quick Game and Online Quick Match. Can't invite friends, just random.
  • Can't change sliders, camera view, make substitutions or call plays
  • No commentary
  • Kinect enabled
  • 943 MB
Play a game or 2 and post your impressions here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 lv2bll @ 09/25/12 09:53 AM
I was playing off ball against cpu Durant and as i was overpaying him he backdoor'd into an alley oop layup.

*tear*

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

# 142 Sundown @ 09/25/12 09:53 AM
A lot of great things with the demo. Almost too many little things to name. Defense feels really great. Animations are appropriate to the situation and diverse. Rebounding feels improved.

I suck with the new control scheme, and I don't seem to be able to launch out of hesitations very fast. I also hate how the animations sometimes jerk and you end up carrying the ball. Wish it was as smooth as 2K12.

There seem to be way too many steals online.

I also absolutely hate, hate, hate how sensitive the X button is when changing possessions and how a steal attempt turns easily into a full court shot. Can we PLEASE get this adjusted or allow us to turn of X as a shot button? It seems to queue up a shot attempt even before you fully get control of the loose ball.

Also seems like the shot is unresponsive after catching a pass, or at least less responsive than last years. Seems harder to catch and shoot and I'm not sure I like that. If its realistic, then I'm okay with it. Passing does feel sluggish overall, but I might be okay with that too.

# 143 Panicshade @ 09/25/12 09:53 AM
I played a couple of offline games this morning and man do I suck...lol

I was completely lost with what to do on the controls but I expected that considering I haven't played a 2K game since 2K11. I might play some online games and probably be happy if I can just make 1 shot successfully.

I did have this pre-ordered but I had to cancel not because I am disappointed with the game (I did like it even with my low skill level) but because things have come up for me and the money won't be there to get it. I will pick it up in a few weeks though.

# 144 marlo stanfield @ 09/25/12 10:02 AM
I'm changing my controller back to the 2k12 control settings soon as i get the game on saturday. The new controls i'm not feeling

# 145 VDusen04 @ 09/25/12 10:03 AM
Sorry it's not HD quality but...

Small detail: Chris Bosh making a funny noise and flailing as he lost position right at the start of the clip.

# 146 videobastard @ 09/25/12 10:03 AM
This demo feels like a pro casual difficulty. Would of been nice if we had the option of trying out harder difficulty simulation settings. It was too easy to fastbreak and alley oop for scores. The right stick dribbling will be more fun to utilize in absolute or with the 2k cam in retail.

# 147 MarvinOida @ 09/25/12 10:04 AM
My Impressions: (copied from another post I had)

Just got the demo, I couldn't find a way to change the camera, the Control Stick takes a learning curve, multiple times I tried to shoot with Bosh in the post but I did a crossover, but I nailed down a crossover-fade with Wade constantly IF I had the defender crossed, shooting timing feels different, and I single handling almost won a game with Mario Chamlers 3's online. (As long as Turbo wasn't depleted or I was defended good). Overall good game, nice way to spend my time before school... Btw, only played online.... (1-2....)

# 148 Kashanova @ 09/25/12 10:07 AM
Best play I saw by far was Durant had a double screen set for him and he was wide open for three and of course it was smooth and buttery and went right in. I was able to set up battier a few times which felt great. Other than that the game is just way too smooth. Can't wait for next week

# 149 chicagochamp702 @ 09/25/12 10:10 AM
Looks good I have to purchase it now. How much does the Demo cost again ?

# 150 erickonasis @ 09/25/12 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stanfield
I'm changing my controller back to the 2k12 control settings soon as i get the game on saturday. The new controls i'm not feeling
Thank goodness there is an option for this...wasnt sure

# 151 mauro78 @ 09/25/12 10:17 AM
I'm waiting the PS3 DEMO to be released.....just few questions:

- How is double teams by the CPU?
- Did they double post players?
- Did they perform "hard" double teams ala 2k11?
- What're your impressions of the new passing system?
- What're your impressions of paint contacts?
- What're your impressions of ball-rim physics?

Thx in advance

# 152 Krodis @ 09/25/12 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauro78
- What're your impressions of the new passing system?
- What're your impressions of paint contacts?
These are both FANTASTIC. So many different contact animations driving to the basket, realistic and exciting. You can get by your man, but you still have the second line of defense to contend with.

The passing is great. Bounce passing is good, in the right situation. Can't just spam it.

# 153 iLLosophy @ 09/25/12 10:22 AM
Thunder sig skills

# 154 Krodis @ 09/25/12 10:23 AM
Also, the AI definitely doubles. Posting up with LeBron on someone smaller, and they'll second a second guy your way.

# 155 Goffs @ 09/25/12 10:24 AM
I need to adjust to the momentum of this game...

I absolutely love the shot blocking this year! Don't press turbo when trying to block as it adds to nothing....you can just press Y and he will go up and try to swat it....

# 156 VDusen04 @ 09/25/12 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBa17
camera angle? huh?
I'm not sure I follow.

# 157 mauro78 @ 09/25/12 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
Also, the AI definitely doubles. Posting up with LeBron on someone smaller, and they'll second a second guy your way.
Are "hard" double teams ala 2k11 right? ^_^

# 158 Teddy_Long @ 09/25/12 10:27 AM
do we have more than one camera option?

# 159 and1product @ 09/25/12 10:27 AM
Just from playing the demo I can tell you I will not be playing any other games more than this. I love it. I was trying to see what the nitpickers were saying about the graphics and jaggies but I do not see it. If you are trying to compare to pc then yeah.

The soundtrack is insane. Some of you Are tripping on the soundtrack. The menus are okay , not really distracting or a game breaker. Good job vc teAm.

# 160 Vni @ 09/25/12 10:28 AM
I'am having fun playing randoms online. Never happend to me in 2K12.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.