Home
FIFA 13 News Post

FIFA 13 is in stores today. While we did have plenty of feedback in the FIFA 13 Season Ticket impressions, we have created a new topic for those of you grabbing the full retail version today.

Please post your impressions here. If you have any FIFA 13 questions, please post them in this thread. The community will do their best to answer them for you.

Game: FIFA Soccer 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
FIFA Soccer 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BrianFifaFan @ 09/25/12 04:39 PM
Man, I am loving the presentation! I went through the Goal News before my second match in CM and all match there were cut-ins with goal news from all of those matches. (you can select up to 5, I believe) After they did a rundown of all of the match final scores and then, after I had advanced to the next week, they did a rundown of all of that days matches. I'm loving all of the audio that is in the game now. It makes it feel so much more alive than in previous Fifa titles. Love the ESPN presentation, as well. I'm also really digging the "breaking news popups in CM's main screen. There's just so many things they've done to give life to CM. I'm loving this. Did I mention how much I even love the little pen during transfer negotiations?

# 22 Exile04 @ 09/25/12 05:12 PM
So that game has been out for 14 hours my time(pst), and it seems kinda quiet in here. i picked the game up last night at midnight only because i would swing and was just leaving work. but im amazed only one real set of sliders and not much discussion. whats up?

I will say in the 2 games i have played i am enjoying still getting use to not having the achievement book to make my player better.

# 23 eyeamg0dly @ 09/25/12 05:15 PM
i think alot of people are still working. it should pick up in the next few hours

# 24 happyloaf @ 09/25/12 05:21 PM
So far I have played about 3 hours and my opinions are kind of meh. But my biggest complaint is the AI seems to be so reliant on long balls and counter attacks. This is a change from last year but I have played in MLS and EPL games and it seems that every team I play against uses this tactic. It wouldn't be so bad if I could set my players to defensive and have them actually defend. Instead they stand around dim witted and let the striker collect the ball and get shots on goal?

Anyone else feel the same? I want to love it and am enjoying the new first touch controls but the AI is too one note and the player has limited ways to counter this. I am playing on world class. As a side note, the AI also seem to convert 50% of corners.

# 25 stmark @ 09/25/12 05:41 PM
Man im loving this game Big time. Presentation exceptional. 1st touch is a dream i actually up it to 60 for cpu n user n its giving me great midfield battles unpredictability i also dropped my line height to 40 cpu n user. I play manual everything except shooting on semi.

# 26 cake612 @ 09/25/12 06:36 PM
I mostly play online and have only played 4 games but so far I'm pretty underwhelmed. To me the gameplay feels very very similar and I think the PR guys came up with first touch instead of just saying ball physics. The only thing I've noticed is the ball feels much livelier and bounces around more and the passing is slightly improved so it's harder to pass to the wrong target. I'll need a lot more time with it obviously but even playing the demo felt like the same game with better ball physics.

# 27 Broncos86 @ 09/25/12 07:53 PM
Any sign of an online manual in PDF?

Edit: never mind, thread up with a link. Also neat that I got a tin case for the game.

# 28 bad_philanthropy @ 09/25/12 08:29 PM
I didn't really mess around with sliders in the early release, but now I'm using something close to Orion's and wow does it play much better!

# 29 EWRMETS @ 09/25/12 09:21 PM
Just played a game on world class, slow with Barca against Real. I can't believe how good this game is. I loved last year's game but this game is so much improved it's almost unreal.

# 30 kerosene31 @ 09/25/12 09:25 PM
Just got it tonight and played a few quick games. Overall the game is fun and feels like an improvement from 12. There are still some AI issues with teammates sometimes standing around, but that's to be expected.

Playing the game with everything on manual is just too much fun.

The other thing that has always bugged me about Fifa is the stutter you get when changing players sometimes (yes, I turned off the cpu aid when switching).

Overall I'm really enjoying it so far though.

# 31 shootah66 @ 09/25/12 09:46 PM
im on the fence about purchasing this years fifa, i play fifa12 pretty regularly still and love it. is it worth it to buy 13?

# 32 rckabillyRaider @ 09/25/12 09:53 PM
defense is frustratingly bad. Played on Legendary using Spurs vs Chelsea and I beat them 3-1. The final overall stats were ok, however it was 2-0 in the first half and both my goals were because of comatose defenders just watching me. I felt cheap scoring such easy goals

I switched sides for the second half real quick so I can adjust Chelsea's CTT and the rest of the game played out well. I turned up their aggression, pressing, and made them play narrow.

Upcoming targets for my virtual pro in career mode: We expect a minimum average rating of 9.0???!!

Maintain a 90% pass completion rate??!!

# 33 EWRMETS @ 09/25/12 10:45 PM
Gameplay really is unbelievable.

# 34 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/25/12 10:50 PM
Love it. Best soccer game I played in a long time. FIFA series has come a long way.

# 35 Nab_Impervious_XII @ 09/26/12 12:22 AM
The strikers just "feel" faster in this game.

The balls are more "attracted" to their feet during counter-attacks (so it's difficult to steal the ball).

And it's much easier for the defense to get off position - making it easier for strikers to dash past them.

Anyone else with similar feelings? I'm coming off Fifa 12 with 30-5-5 record in head-to-head season mode so I'm not terrible. This game just feels more frustrating on the defensive side of the ball.

Fifa 12 had a similar defensive system, but the strikers weren't so "slippery" - so you could still lock them down if you could predict their direction. In Fifa 13, however, a Christiano Ronaldo can make defenders look absolutely silly EVEN when you know exactly where's he going (especially when he's facing the last 2-3 defenders on a counter-attack).

# 36 sventheone @ 09/26/12 12:52 AM
Loving the depth of the modes. I play mainly ultimate team and this year is stacked with different ways to play within that mode. In UT alone there are challenges, offline, online seasons, single player seasons, online and single player tourney modes. Just a ton of stuff to do. Gameplay though, I am enjoying the game overall, but something isn't quite right. I can't put my finger on it. Something with the weight of the ball. I'm not talking about the new first touch dynamic. It almost feels like sometimes you'll kick the ball and it will deflect off a teammate or an opponent and the ball will bounce off unrealistically. Maybe I need more time with the game...just an observation.

# 37 mrcultureshock @ 09/26/12 01:14 AM
I had some technical problems so I was able to play 1 game only as of now. I purposely chose a rainy night game to see if there are any performance issues. What's strange about this match is that 4 players went out with injuries (2 of them severe injuries). I guess it was because of the wet pitch but injury animations are quite gnarly with knees and ankles bending in abnormal angles.

At the moment, I think the game is quite fun.

# 38 jcwkings @ 09/26/12 02:04 AM
I mainly play head to head seasons, after about 7 matches its obvious the speed of the game is ridiculous. I've always been a possesion player but this year it is almost impossible to play that way. Everything is just happening so fast you hardly have time to think and every game ends up being a back and forth counter mess. Every goal i have given up was built up with 3 or so passes. The first touch thing they added this year is in theory very good and adds to the realism, but because of that you hardly have any time before someone is rocketing at you. It feels like they took Fifa 12 and put it in the Fifa 11 game. Fifa 11 was absurdly fast as well.

# 39 jcwkings @ 09/26/12 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootah66
im on the fence about purchasing this years fifa, i play fifa12 pretty regularly still and love it. is it worth it to buy 13?
If you play online, i would say fifa 12 is better. With sliders im sure you can get the single player to be quite good.

# 40 ps3veron @ 09/26/12 03:19 AM
Love the game! Played 2 games online and already saw more goal variety than all the games I played in 12.

The whole gameplay seems more organic and natural. Seems like there is more emphasis on up tempo (faster paced), attacking this year. Reminds me a little of the WC2010 game which is probably my favorite FIFA game to date.

Overall, fantastic and something that should keep us all busy till next year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.