Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Kotaku's Owen Good sends word that Madden NFL 25 could include actual NFL referees. If they are adding some focus on the referees, let's hope they are working on the penalties in general, pass interference being first on the list. (Although I have seen a few more this year...)

Quote:
EA Sports plans to include real-life NFL referees in Madden NFL 14, according to two different sources close to the NFL Referees Association. One of them said the officials' facial features have been scanned into the game, with an eye toward making their calls and explanations a part of the broadcast presentation for next year's game.

What are you hoping to see come out of this?

This is just a rumor for now, so let's keep the discussion on penalties (and not "WHY ARE THEY WORKING ON REFEREES WHEN THEY HAVE SO MANY OTHER ISSUES...")

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Mr_truthman.com @ 09/27/12 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Wow, ppl on here, for one, are acting like this is the big or one and only 'feature' to be added to Madden 14. I would assume that EA already knows about the limited amount of penalties as well as how what's there doesn't work properly and will work to get them up to snuff since they're also saying the refs will give more detailed explanations in 14.

For 2, how long til Madden 14??? Settle down, ppl. I think they let this info out early in light of the whole referee debacle.
One would also assume that EA knows about nano's, money plays, bad OL/DL interaction as well. That hasn't changed since madden went next gen. All we can assume is what we already seen from them. A pointless gimmick for Madden 14 marketing.

# 42 SoxFan01605 @ 09/27/12 03:18 PM
Such a dramatic response to rather minor news. Personally, I'm all for it as I think immersion is a good thing and I don't see how this could possibly use up enough resources to detract from much else. Now, like others, I'm not particularly excited unless it means an overhaul to the penalty and challenge setup, but I just don't see the point of jumping to conclusions about Madden 14 one way or the other...especially with 13 still needing support.

# 43 TreyIM2 @ 09/27/12 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
LOL this is the statement of the year right here. How long has Madden been on next gen? These people say the same thing every year. We have 7 years of track record and believe me, nobody can defend Madden at this point...lol
It's really not that deep, dude.

# 44 TreyIM2 @ 09/27/12 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Such a dramatic response to rather minor news. Personally, I'm all for it as I think immersion is a good thing and I don't see how this could possibly use up enough resources to detract from much else. Now, like others, I'm not particularly excited unless it means an overhaul to the penalty and challenge setup, but I just don't see the point of jumping to conclusions about Madden 14 one way or the other...especially with 13 still needing support.
Exactly my point, too

# 45 ChicagoChris @ 09/27/12 04:24 PM
Great. The fact that there are penalty sliders that frankly do not work is odd. Perhaps they can work on special teams as well. The fact that blocking of kicks is not in the game is dumb.

# 46 LowerWolf @ 09/27/12 04:24 PM
I'm sure it's already been said, but ... this is why Madden takes so much heat. There's a long list of things people want added/added back/fixed and the standard response has been "we didn't have time." And yet, they have time to look at adding real refs, which really adds nothing to the game?

# 47 balljonesjr @ 09/27/12 04:53 PM
I like it n idk y

# 48 DetroitStyle @ 09/27/12 05:38 PM
Am I the only one that thought this was a joke or an Onion type article? I thought this was satire to poke fun at the replacement refs lol. Oh well, I guess it would be cool to have "real" officials with face scans.

I would LOVE to see this in the Show. I think it would benefit most in a baseball game rather than football.

# 49 BobbyColtrane @ 09/27/12 06:32 PM
I'm all for increased realism and authenticity but with so many glaring issues this begs the question, "Is this really where they should be spending their time?"

When the game comes out with Mike Carey in it and we ask about draft classes and they say "we didn't have time, we'll look into it for next year" I will tear my hair out for the 1 millionth time because of this game.

# 50 TheBleedingRed21 @ 09/27/12 07:59 PM
Well we all seen how the replacements refs did on the field in real NFL..

Now, they are replacing the replacement refs in Madden with the real ones..

Maybe they will bring the penalties to the franchise!

# 51 CoRRuPTMiND93 @ 09/27/12 08:16 PM
OFF TOPIC: this game would be so much better (as far as the atmosphere of the game) if it had a MATURE rating. There's so much you can do with a sports game that has a "real life rating" as I like to call it. just imagine Coaches cursin out players for missing an assignment, Players fighting and talking **** to each other on the field, RIVALRY GAMES . Tis' Would be epic.

# 52 Multi @ 09/27/12 09:22 PM
I hope there'll be a Hochuli bench press mini game.

# 53 Multi @ 09/27/12 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
So why is this not gonna just get patched in madden 13? Were only a month in.

lol
Because they need new features to list on 14's box.

# 54 Bunselpower32 @ 09/27/12 11:59 PM
Has Madden become so uninnovative and irrelevant that we are talking about next year's game before this year's is barely a month old?

# 55 sarlndr @ 09/28/12 06:15 AM
When did ref's start wearing black pants? Living overseas for years hasn't been good to me as far as keeping in touch with referee fashion.

# 56 GlennN @ 09/28/12 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRRuPTMiND93
OFF TOPIC: this game would be so much better (as far as the atmosphere of the game) if it had a MATURE rating. There's so much you can do with a sports game that has a "real life rating" as I like to call it. just imagine Coaches cursin out players for missing an assignment, Players fighting and talking **** to each other on the field, RIVALRY GAMES . Tis' Would be epic.
It was tried once with Blitz: The League on Xbox. http://www.gamespot.com/blitz-the-le...eview-6135929/

# 57 prime21time37 @ 09/28/12 09:16 AM
when i first seen this i kinda laughed to myself thinking about every thing else needed. but i sat back and thought about what this could lead to. if this does become a reality then i believe they will have to focus on getting penalties to work correctly. they also may add penalties to the game. id like to bring back illegal touching penalty (might have been ncaa that had it). they also could include defensive holding or illegal contact, which could lead to even better wr/cb play. the ability to challenge any aspect of a play would also be a nice touch. it would also be nice seeing a full explanation of a penalty. overall it would be a nice touch to the presentation. im not saying id purchasebecause of this feature, but im not going to complain about a nice feature either.

# 58 roadman @ 09/28/12 09:18 AM
I can see people are still not reading the OP.

1. This news didn't come from EA, came from the NFL referee union.
2. It hasn't been verified by EA, so, for now, it's a rumor.
3. A plead from Steve for no off-topic discussion.
4. A similar and more threatening plead from a mod on page 2 or 3.

# 59 Mr_truthman.com @ 09/28/12 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRRuPTMiND93
That will NEVER happen. This is the NFL. The same NFL that shut down ESPN's hit show "Playmakers". The NFL thought it was "too real". No way they let Madden put a M-tag on their game.

# 60 Pared @ 09/28/12 01:36 PM
Everyone was warned already. Continue with the off-topic posts and you will be banned. It's as simple as that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.