Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The NBA 2K13 patch that fixes the MyCareer freeze issues is available now. Other than that, this patch doesn't contain anything else. They simply wanted to make sure this issue was addressed ASAP.

For those of you that were having the issue before, are you noticing any freezing after the patch in MyCareer mode?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 JG Pats @ 10/28/12 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
PS3 has no freezing issues.

It's your system
Love these completely false and harmful statements. The PS3 does freeze in MyCareer right before saying press X to continue when it is loading into a game. It may freeze in other game modes but I don't KNOW that for sure.

I have found a work around for the freeze though.

I found that deleting your settings file, then loading the game backup after a freeze will allow you to play MyCareer. If that dissent work I delete the settings file and the game data files (patch) and that will allow me to continue to play.

Having said that my PS3 freezes in this manner every 1-2 games. This does need to be addressed ASAP.

# 42 MVP9072 @ 10/28/12 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG Pats
Love these completely false and harmful statements. The PS3 does freeze in MyCareer right before saying press X to continue when it is loading into a game. It may freeze in other game modes but I don't KNOW that for sure.

I have found a work around for the freeze though.

I found that deleting your settings file, then loading the game backup after a freeze will allow you to play MyCareer. If that dissent work I delete the settings file and the game data files (patch) and that will allow me to continue to play.

Having said that my PS3 freezes in this manner every 1-2 games. This does need to be addressed ASAP.
Bud...

I had the game since it came out and i bought my slim ps3 with it NOT 1 TIME did it freeze for me...your systems are the problem

# 43 JG Pats @ 10/28/12 09:43 AM
Quote:
Bud...

I had the game since it came out and i bought my slim ps3 with it NOT 1 TIME did it freeze for me...your systems are the problem
Count yourself lucky then.

If this problem was happening to a very SMALL amount of people then maybe. This problem is happening to a lot of PS3 users. We are all trying to enjoy the game and saying its your system because my PS3 has not frozen is just not helpful.

I will also ask what in my PS3 is causing this then since you seem to know that it is just my personal PS3 that is doing this? I gather you know since you make such a bold claim?

# 44 MVP9072 @ 10/28/12 09:49 AM
Quote:
Count yourself lucky then.

If this problem was happening to a very SMALL amount of people then maybe. This problem is happening to a lot of PS3 users. We are all trying to enjoy the game and saying its your system because my PS3 has not frozen is just not helpful.

I will also ask what in my PS3 is causing this then since you seem to know that it is just my personal PS3 that is doing this? I gather you know since you make such a bold claim?
What kind of ps3 you have? all my friends don't have problems with it either

Some of course do on xbox with the 4GB consoles but that's another story.

# 45 JG Pats @ 10/28/12 09:55 AM
Quote:
What kind of ps3 you have? all my friends don't have problems with it either

Some of course do on xbox with the 4GB consoles but that's another story.
I have a Fatboy, but there are Slims and just about every possible PS3 reporting this problem.

All I'm saying is don't throw out broad statements like its not a game issue jus. Because you our your small sample size has not yet had it happen to you. This is a issue on PS3 and 2K needs to know about it.

# 46 MVP9072 @ 10/28/12 10:01 AM
Quote:
I have a Fatboy, but there are Slims and just about every possible PS3 reporting this problem.

All I'm saying is don't throw out broad statements like its not a game issue jus. Because you our your small sample size has not yet had it happen to you. This is a issue on PS3 and 2K needs to know about it.
older versions? no surprise.

# 47 JG Pats @ 10/28/12 10:11 AM
Quote:
older versions? no surprise.
Uh, do you read?

Yes I have a older PS3 but this problem goes right across the board. Like I said if your making this claim that it is just our PS3's please tell us what is causing it? You seem to have an educated and complete understanding of what is causing this freezing.

# 48 MVP9072 @ 10/28/12 10:18 AM
Quote:
Uh, do you read?

Yes I have a older PS3 but this problem goes right across the board. Like I said if your making this claim that it is just our PS3's please tell us what is causing it? You seem to have an educated and complete understanding of what is causing this freezing.
Once again i will say FOR ME it's been fine and it's POSSIBLY your system and i assume this because a lot of users on here had the issue with the smaller xbox 360's.

# 49 Phreezy P @ 10/28/12 10:19 AM
Oh god who brought this thread back. I thought this was a new patch.

# 50 JG Pats @ 10/28/12 10:21 AM
Quote:
Once again i will say FOR ME it's been fine and it's POSSIBLY your system and i assume this because a lot of users on here had the issue with the smaller xbox 360's.
They had an issue that needed a patch! A patch is also needed on PS3 users that are having an issue also!

# 51 jorg70 @ 11/03/12 08:10 AM
hello all,

i don't know how to dowload this patch. someone can explain this for me?

# 52 MVP9072 @ 11/05/12 09:58 AM
Quote:
They had an issue that needed a patch! A patch is also needed on PS3 users that are having an issue also!
Well i regret saying that now

Mines keeps freezing in MyCareer before the game even starts up

At that loading screen

# 53 Blue.Gazer @ 11/05/12 10:19 AM
For those who can't play their next game on my career because it keeps freezing while it's loading up. Try to edit your My Player (not the one in My Career), and try to mess around with it for example, Hair, Hair Colour, Goatee, Beard, etc..

I remember once that I messed around with it and it caused one of my career to freeze up. So I edited my player again, changed my beard style, and BOOM. It started working again!

# 54 acolbert @ 11/06/12 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorg70
hello all,

i don't know how to dowload this patch. someone can explain this for me?
It happens automatically as long as you have an internet connection.

# 55 MVP9072 @ 11/06/12 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue.Gazer
For those who can't play their next game on my career because it keeps freezing while it's loading up. Try to edit your My Player (not the one in My Career), and try to mess around with it for example, Hair, Hair Colour, Goatee, Beard, etc..

I remember once that I messed around with it and it caused one of my career to freeze up. So I edited my player again, changed my beard style, and BOOM. It started working again!
Worked for me thx

# 56 MVP9072 @ 11/06/12 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjones_det
Bud...

Your an idiot or a fanboy (same thing really). It's happening to everyone with a PS3 when you try to exit the finals after winning it.

Google you moronic monkey poop of a brained animal.
Why did you describe yourself on here? ..i don't care for immature behavior

# 57 GeneralH @ 11/06/12 11:20 PM
Where do I download the patch for PC?

# 58 tmatt1988 @ 11/07/12 09:08 AM
mine still freezes all the time in career mode!!!!!!!!!! PS3

# 59 MVP9072 @ 11/08/12 06:18 PM
Are we going to get a ps3 patch? this game is unplayable

2 times im in the 4th quarter in MyCareer with the Nike ID shoes and it freezes

# 60 Bo11 @ 11/10/12 06:25 PM
I have a ps3 and am 30 games in on myCAREER. Out of no where during gameplay the commentary would cut out leaving the court and fan noise. 1st quarter works fine until about 8 minutes in then when timeouts are called it takes ages for the ref to give the ball over. Then on completion of the 1st quarter it blacks out on the load screen freezing. Anybody else having this issue? Just so happened both mine and my mates stopped working on the same day 10/11.
I have played other games to test my bluray laser and its working fine so cannot be my system. Anybody found any fixes or heard of a patch so we can all resume playing?
Cheers.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.