Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Origin has posted some Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 features, which include some information on the courses for the Historic Edition. Also, check out the pre-order offers.

ONLY IN THE HISTORIC EDITION—GET FIVE ADDITIONAL COURSES PLUS THE AUGUSTA PAR 3: Includes historic 1934 Augusta, County Down, Birkdale, Sheshan GC and TPC Blue Monster.

Get ready for another season of PGA TOUR golf with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 for Xbox® 360. Take on the world’s top professional golfers as you play for fame and fortune on the world’s most beautiful and demanding courses. Face dynamic weather conditions and hazards that affect gameplay, powered by the Weather Channel in real time based on actual weather patterns. Work your way up the leaderboard or take on the pros. Whatever your motivations are, go inside the ropes with the most-authentic golf experience on the planet.

Game Features:
  • Become a Masters Champion: For one week each spring, golf’s greatest players from around the world gather on the sacred grounds of the Augusta National Golf Club. Now you can take part in one of the greatest traditions in sports, the Masters Tournament.
  • Get excitement on every swing: Huge galleries, digital leaderboards, and dynamic crowd reactions throughout the course add to the intense experience of real tournament golf.
  • Play as or against more than 20 pros: Take to the links with legends such as Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus or modern day pros like Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson or Rickie Fowler.
  • Travel to all the championship courses: Take on the best of the best on some of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, the St. Andrews Links and TPC Sawgrass.
  • Kinect for Xbox 360 support: Hit like a pro with the most advanced virtual golf swing to date. Controller-free and voice-enabled controls provide a unique and immersive sports gaming experience.
Historic Edition Courses:
  • Augusta Par 3: The smaller course at the legendary Augusta National Golf Club. Home of the annual Par-3 contest held the same week as the Masters.
  • Augusta 1934: Travel back to the golden age of golf and the very first Masters Tournament on the hallowed grounds of Augusta Golf Club.
  • County Down: Play the charming and challenging holes on one of Ireland’s oldest and most noted courses.
  • Birkdale: Awarded “Royal” status in 1951 and host to several Open Championships, Birkdale remains one of one of the great classic British clubs.
  • Sheshan Golf Club: One of Shanghai’s premier courses, Sheshan boasts an elegant layout that embraces a mix of the old and new.
  • TPC Blue Monster: This prestigious and spectacular course has hosted PGA TOUR events for more than 50 years, made famous by its numerous water hazards and signature 18th hole fountain.
Pre-Order Offers
  • Gamestop: Pinehurst No. 2 DLC Course
  • Amazon: Bethpage Black DLC Course
  • Best Buy: 1986 Jack Nicklaus Exclusive Character
  • Target: Whistling Straits DLC Course
  • Wal-Mart: Kevin Love and Andy Roddick Exclusive Characters
  • Origin: Set of Exclusive Historic Golf Clubs

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Richzilla @ 11/16/12 03:03 PM
With Arnie on the box I'm hoping we see Bay Hill in the game this year.

That would be awesome.

# 2 brandon27 @ 11/16/12 09:40 PM
I said this in another thread here, but At first glance there's just not enough here to make me buy again after spending the cash on all the extra courses last year. Theyve really got to blow me away on this game this year to make me not skip a year. Playing Augusta from 1934... just doesn't do it for me. Neither does larger crowds. Ill wait to hear/see more, but it really doesn't sound much different.

# 3 cdawg44 @ 11/16/12 11:06 PM
Augusta 1934...

I'm sold. Just fix some of the bugs and tweak the putting and I'm in heaven.

# 4 DivotMaker @ 11/16/12 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I said this in another thread here, but At first glance there's just not enough here to make me buy again after spending the cash on all the extra courses last year. Theyve really got to blow me away on this game this year to make me not skip a year. Playing Augusta from 1934... just doesn't do it for me. Neither does larger crowds. Ill wait to hear/see more, but it really doesn't sound much different.
And that could very well be the case for you personally. However, there is quite a bit of information they have not released yet, so you have plenty of time to make a decision to get or not get the game. Unfortunately I can't say an anything more, but there are some substantial improvements and features coming that might or might not change your mind.....

# 5 brandon27 @ 11/18/12 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
And that could very well be the case for you personally. However, there is quite a bit of information they have not released yet, so you have plenty of time to make a decision to get or not get the game. Unfortunately I can't say an anything more, but there are some substantial improvements and features coming that might or might not change your mind.....
I hope you're right. There is plenty of time, and if there's alot more to come out, of course I'm willing to listen and see whats in store. It's just got to be alot, and game changing really to make it a must have. I hope you're right.

# 6 green94 @ 11/19/12 12:03 PM
Divot -

Can you go into more detail about the changes to the crowds and weather?

# 7 DivotMaker @ 11/19/12 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Divot -

Can you go into more detail about the changes to the crowds and weather?
Sorry, no I can't. As soon as EA begins releasing information, I can then comment further.

# 8 Lieutenant Dan @ 11/19/12 02:45 PM
Quote:
I was kind of sharing brandon27's opinion of 'is that all there is?', but I'll take your word that there's more to see and think about, Divot.

EDIT: Post # 2112!

This message was sent from The Temples of Syrinx

# 9 cdawg44 @ 11/19/12 03:50 PM
Quote:
Yea, I would trust Divot Maker on this. He sounded real excited about Tiger 13 and rightfully so. We ended up getting a great game. I am curious to see what is going to play out with Tiger 14.

# 10 Evolved @ 11/30/12 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Historic Edition Courses:
  • Augusta Par 3: The smaller course at the legendary Augusta National Golf Club. Home of the annual Par-3 contest held the same week as the Masters.
  • Augusta 1934: Travel back to the golden age of golf and the very first Masters Tournament on the hallowed grounds of Augusta Golf Club.
  • County Down: Play the charming and challenging holes on one of Ireland’s oldest and most noted courses.
  • Birkdale: Awarded “Royal” status in 1951 and host to several Open Championships, Birkdale remains one of one of the great classic British clubs.
  • Sheshan Golf Club: One of Shanghai’s premier courses, Sheshan boasts an elegant layout that embraces a mix of the old and new.
  • TPC Blue Monster: This prestigious and spectacular course has hosted PGA TOUR events for more than 50 years, made famous by its numerous water hazards and signature 18th hole fountain.
Par 3 course, Birkdale, Sheshan and Blue Monster have been in previous games. I'm tired of them recycling the same courses year after year and now they use it as a selling point.

# 11 Lieutenant Dan @ 11/30/12 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved
Par 3 course, Birkdale, Sheshan and Blue Monster have been in previous games. I'm tired of them recycling the same courses year after year and now they use it as a selling point.
Being from Seattle, I would have loved to see Sahalee.

Those are nice courses, but truly, some freshness would be great.

# 12 DivotMaker @ 11/30/12 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved
This would not be an issue if EA could license and create any course they wanted to.....if EA had their way and the resources to do so, they would put every PGA TOUR and Major course in the game every year. Unfortunately they do not have an unlimited budget and can't put any course they want in the game......

# 13 SinisterAlex @ 11/30/12 09:28 PM
My #1 wish is to have a total revamp of the PGA Tour Career Mode.

It doesn't feel immersive. I just feel like I'm playing rounds of golf with a golfer I created to gain XP, rather than be apart of a full fledged Web.com Tour or PGA Tour and play in world class tournaments with world class players.

# 14 RumbleCard @ 11/30/12 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
My #1 wish is to have a total revamp of the PGA Tour Career Mode.

It doesn't feel immersive. I just feel like I'm playing rounds of golf with a golfer I created to gain XP, rather than be apart of a full fledged Web.com Tour or PGA Tour and play in world class tournaments with world class players.
Simple statistical stat overlays on each hole comparing players through a number of categories could really help this issue. You've hit it dead on, there's not a lot that draws you into the competitiveness of all the golfers. Its very one dimensional.

So many options here. Average scoring of each hole by the top five golfers or the grouping you're playing with. Historical stat overlays comparing distance, accuracy and scoring variables. Season leaders in FIR, GIR...etc.

If you tie those stats in with deep commentary it would be a huge improvement. It doesn't always have to be revolutionary.

Example: If you're teeing off at "ABC" course a simple stat prior to you striking the ball showing FIR of last years tournament or average drive distance of the golfers that tee'd off prior that day partnered with commentary discussing the evolution of driving distances at that course over the last 20 years. Or commentary on the preferred location of those tee shots.

It makes the game worth listening to. Gives you something to think about as you set up your shot.

# 15 rangerrick012 @ 12/01/12 12:51 PM
Quote:
This would not be an issue if EA could license and create any course they wanted to.....if EA had their way and the resources to do so, they would put every PGA TOUR and Major course in the game every year. Unfortunately they do not have an unlimited budget and can't put any course they want in the game......
Yeah we know all gaming companies have obstacles they tend to face when developing games. Doesn't make it any less disappointing for the fans though. No need to make excuses on EA's behalf.

# 16 DivotMaker @ 12/01/12 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
Yeah we know all gaming companies have obstacles they tend to face when developing games. Doesn't make it any less disappointing for the fans though. No need to make excuses on EA's behalf.
Not making any excuses. Just stating FACTS...or is there something wrong with stating FACTS?

# 17 mike24forever @ 12/01/12 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
I was kind of sharing brandon27's opinion of 'is that all there is?', but I'll take your word that there's more to see and think about, Divot.

EDIT: Post # 2112!

This message was sent from The Temples of Syrinx
As long as they have online country clubs again, I'm buying it. I had a blast competing with the OS guys!

# 18 Rules @ 12/08/12 03:43 PM
Quote:
One word.......COURSECREATOR

Maybe it is two words but nonetheless it gets my point accross

# 19 DivotMaker @ 12/08/12 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
One word.......COURSECREATOR

Maybe it is two words but nonetheless it gets my point accross
Not going to happen anytime soon. Sorry.

# 20 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/08/12 06:24 PM
I don't know if I'm gonna buy this one or not, but either way I think I'm gonna hold on to 13 because of all the DLC I purchased. It really doesn't make sense to trade it in.

Divotmaker, are you privy to information about this years game. I know you couldn't share specifics if you are, but if so, would you say this there have been major strides made in 14? I'm really hoping that career mode gets a major overhaul and that a.i. scoring is improved a bit.

Regardless of whether I get it or not, I can't see myself trading in 13 though. I invested in the DLC and it just doesn't make since to get rid of it this time around.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.