Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the first MLB 13 The Show trailer. According to Ramone, there are about 10 easter eggs. How many can you find?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 LastActionHero @ 01/03/13 01:30 PM
Besides the menu tidbits I believe I've seen most of the video parts allready in MLB12 trailers.

# 22 queman11 @ 01/03/13 01:30 PM
scoreboard in RF at Wrigley

# 23 sydrogerdavid @ 01/03/13 01:31 PM
I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES! THE BUSCH STADIUM FONT IS FINALLY FIXED! This shows good promise that they also put it on the fences in front of the bullpen. They also added hand rails to this section. I wonder about the rest of the stadium.

But...

The seats there aren't green and the advertisements aren't even with the brick wall. They are still too tall. The warning track is still too small as well as being the wrong color. The grass is really pale too.

# 24 rspencer86 @ 01/03/13 01:31 PM

This one is packed with info.

What is "The Show Live"?

Edit: Also, rough outing for Verlander.

# 25 queman11 @ 01/03/13 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
is McCutchen's hair the same?
Shorter hair for Cutch

# 26 queman11 @ 01/03/13 01:33 PM
Something is on the top of the FoulPole at AT&T at 0:44

# 27 sydrogerdavid @ 01/03/13 01:33 PM
Cutch hair and no rings on hat.

# 28 Armor and Sword @ 01/03/13 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
Reminds me of a feature in MVP where you could start simming a franchise game and then jump in at any time. I liked it a lot and used it a bunch

That feature was money.

# 29 DickDalewood @ 01/03/13 01:34 PM
New Wrigley is looking realllllllllllllllllll good.

# 30 queman11 @ 01/03/13 01:35 PM
speaking of the cubs, i think they fixed the default color...(shoes)

# 31 ksig24 @ 01/03/13 01:35 PM
Look at the ball physics of the ball off Miggy's bat!!!!

# 32 D0GGERT D0G @ 01/03/13 01:35 PM
Pirates jerseys are screwed up, should look like this

Half of it is correct (Hat), the sleeves and neck are really bad though. I understand the button part but it isn't correct

# 33 sydrogerdavid @ 01/03/13 01:37 PM
A new style of batting gloves.

# 34 Blzer @ 01/03/13 01:38 PM
Couldn't get this one by me even if you tried.

So RttS and HRD now both have some "personal lock on ball" view with a ball trail. Good stuff, only let's hope that trail can optionally be turned off.

Gets me pumped up!

# 35 Blzer @ 01/03/13 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queman11
Something is on the top of the FoulPole at AT&T at 0:44
It's behind it, as a part of the upper deck (partnership between Hanwha Solar and the Giants). It's a really gawdy thing that was put up last year.

Anyway, this photo brings to mind that they didn't show any "darkest sky" shots yet. I saw quite a bit of twilight with that cloud coverage, and I'm trying to recall whether The Show got as progressively dark to those specific skies in past years that it's showing now. Maybe it takes longer to get darker this year in a progressive sense, instead of "jumping to black"? One can hope!

EDIT: The photo you're also referring to brings to mind that at least some shots in this trailer might be more than a month old, because the Giants lineup features Arias at second base and not Scutaro, who re-signed in early December. But then again, the Sportscast Manager lineup does show Scutaro there, so there are some newer shots as well. Combine that with the fact that the game still doesn't release for two more months, and many things could still be chalked up as "old build," which is always a good thing when considering what could be/might already be addressed!

# 36 sydrogerdavid @ 01/03/13 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0GGERT D0G
Pirates jerseys are screwed up, should look like this

Half of it is correct (Hat), the sleeves and neck are really bad though. I understand the button part but it isn't correct
Well, I believe the uniforms they are wearing in the picture with the yellow hat is just their normal uniform today. They just put on the new throwback hat without rings. At least I hope so. The throwback uniform in 12 wasn't that bad.

# 37 thaSLAB @ 01/03/13 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
pause at 25 second mark for some sort of red circle around ball in RTTS mode
Although not the Easter egg, something about that screen is...

Sent from my LTEvo using Tapatalk 2

# 38 nemesis04 @ 01/03/13 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Couldn't get this one by me even if you tried.

So RttS and HRD now both have some "personal lock on ball" view with a ball trail. Good stuff, only let's hope that trail can optionally be turned off.

Gets me pumped up!
I should have put money down that you were going to find that one! Was wondering when someone was going to snag that one!

# 39 D0GGERT D0G @ 01/03/13 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
Well, I believe the uniforms they are wearing in the picture with the yellow hat is just their normal uniform today. They just put on the new throwback hat without rings. At least I hope so. The throwback uniform in 12 wasn't that bad.
The gold seemed to match the jersey however, which confuses me. The normal uniform is more yellow than what the uni in the video showed

# 40 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 01/03/13 01:50 PM
I'll take my shot at guessing the Easter eggs

Playoffs mode reveal
Uniform editor possibly outside of DD
New first person fielding camera?
New helmets
George Steinbrener memorial plaque is in
Mock brand advertisement signs are in ala ASB
New cleats

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.