Home
Tiger 14 News Post

TAKE DOWN GOLF’S GREATEST LEGENDS IN TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 14

Check out more Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshots, right here. Just in case you missed the trailer yesterday, check it out here.

Rewrite Majors History by Defeating Golf Icons Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Bobby Jones and a Host of Others on the World’s Most Famous Golf Courses

Electronic Arts Inc. announced today that fans will be able to battle nine of the greatest golf legends of all time in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 14. The all-new game mode, Legends of the Majors, gives players a chance to travel back through time and relive the rich history of golf by matching up against the sport’s greatest legends, including Seve Ballesteros, Ben Hogan, Bobby Jones, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Sam Snead, Lee Trevino and Tiger Woods. Players can work their way through these legends in various eras and take each of them down to earn their own seat at the table of golf legends.

Hoisting the Claret Jug, breaking Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 major victories and slipping on the coveted Green Jacket are now all within a player’s reach. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 users, for the first time in franchise history, have a chance to go for the Grand Slam by playing historical events in all four majors, the Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, The Open Championship and the PGA Championship. The game goes on sale in North America on March 26 and worldwide on March 28, for both the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, including support for the Kinect™ for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Move.

“This year’s edition of the game delivers a collection of innovative golf features that provide players an unprecedented chance to rewrite the record books,” said Mike Taramykin, Vice President of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR. “Players can earn legendary status by conquering the greatest legends of all time or challenge their friends on some of the world’s most renowned courses. Without question, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is the best edition the franchise has produced in years.”

Features in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 include:
  • More Championship Courses – Featuring Augusta National Golf Club, the Old Course at St Andrews, Pinehurst No. 2 Restored and THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. This year’s game features the most courses ever offered on disc - a total of 20 courses.
  • Huge Player Roster – A robust roster of more than 35 playable golfers, representing both the PGA TOUR and LPGA, are featured in Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14. Compete against legends of the game and present-day stars including Bubba Watson, Keegan Bradley, Rickie Fowler, Lexi Thompson and Paula Creamer.
  • Look the Part – Step to the tee box on the game’s historic courses, experience unique era-specific gameplay visual treatments, wear classic attire and use equipment from golf’s rich history as you travel through time rewriting the record books with your own legacy.
  • Make Way for the Ladies – Another new feature to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise is the introduction of the LPGA. Female created golfers can now compete on the LPGA and attempt to become a major champion by winning the Kraft Nabisco Championship. There are five playable LPGA golfers including 2012 Rolex Player of the Year Stacy Lewis.
  • Golf Anytime in Any Condition – For the first time in franchise history, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 features night golf. Tee it up after the sun goes down and watch your drives streak through the night skies with an illuminated ball. In addition, new time-of-day settings allow fans to play golf in any condition at any time of day in conjunction with a live weather feed.
  • Members Only – Country Clubs are back and better than ever with the ability to invite up to 100 members, chat online, hold tournaments and track statistics to create the ultimate competitive environment.
  • Customize Your Swing – With 24 unique golfer swing styles available, you now have the ability to customize the type of golfer you want to be. Advanced shot shaping, enhanced strike meter and ball physics have all been improved to reflect a real-world golfing experience.
  • Never Play Alone – A new online experience allows you to play with up to 24 competitors at a time while an all-new dynamic stat tracking system feeds live data from the entire tournament field and makes you feel as if you’re in the mix of a real event.
More information about Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14: The Masters Historic Edition will be coming soon.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 DivotMaker @ 01/09/13 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
unfortunately, TW will never be what some of us hardcore sim gamers want it to be. EA just wont do that with their golf game...and at times I feel like they not only wont do it, but they cant. I will wait until someone else comes along with a game, until then my last copy of TW will do just fine for years to come.
Lets see how you feel after EA releases information regarding gameplay......

# 22 Matt10 @ 01/09/13 08:29 PM
Um is anyone else excited to read different swing styles? I'm sold on this alone, man. Maybe I can use Zach Johnson's or Dustin Johnson's swing style. We know Ricky Fowler's got a great swing as well.

I bet Stack and Tilt guys are hidden

(I know wayyyyy too much about golf swings).

# 23 lnin0 @ 01/09/13 08:49 PM
Who cares about fundamentals & physics when you have illuminated balls !!! Oh, wait, I do. FEA

# 24 N51_rob @ 01/09/13 09:33 PM
Some of you are going to see your time here come to and end if the EA bashing doesn't come to an end. Trollers you've been warned.

# 25 8iron @ 01/10/13 11:08 AM
I really liked 13 and have played it enough to unlock a few of the DLC courses without paying a thing for them. Hopefully they stick with that model, its an excellent compromise in my opinion.

One thing I think could have been easily improved and I hope it is, was weekly country club standings. All you had to do to be club champion was play the most holes. It seems that there should be a way to weight skill and results at least equally into the standings, especially since the World Rankings are already in career mode and it seems like the math could just be tweaked to do something similar with the CC weekly standings.

# 26 geisterhome @ 01/10/13 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Wow, if that are the main changes then this edition is completely underwhelming except I guess for the arcade crowd. What is there to get excited about? LPGA, who the hell cares, 95% of the gamers have little interest in playing the LPGA tour because buyers are overwhelmingly male. Night golf with glow in the dark balls? That's fun for about 20 minutes. A legends mode that will be buggy and arcadey where it will be impossible to finish because the last few objectives you will need to shoot a 52 to beat them. It just sounds like last year's Tiger kiddie mode with old guys instead.

We need a totally revamped career and presentation mode where you actually feel like you are on the PGA tour and not playing against a score sheet. There is no excuse not to have that because its not a next gen limitation. Where you win a tourney and they show highlights afterward and trophy presentations, PGA stats and playoffs and the commentary and crowd actually react differently from the 1st round to the 4th round. Difficulty enhanced where you are not hitting fairways 95% of the time. Scoring updates that make you feel like you're actually competing against other golfers.

I know more info is coming but usually if the revamped presentation, career and online underwent major changes then they would be advertising that right away and not be gushing about glow in the dark balls and terrible story modes that get boring fast.

The devs need to understand that what sells sports games is the feel of realistic immersion and the TW series has failed miserably on that. That's why games like the Show and NBA2k series has been so successful. They make you feel like you are playing a real season with a real team with comprehensive stats overlays, deep commentary and numerous cut scenes that draw you into the game. The vast majority of gamers play because of franchise mode and that's what gives the game replay value.
1000% true

i would be the first one to buy that game if those things would be implemented! will hold off until then..

# 27 JODYE @ 01/10/13 12:53 PM
I just want to love a TW game again.

Me and my buddies used to have EPIC battles on 05-06. Haven't really enjoyed a TW game since then.

It's not really even the arcade factor that made it enjoyable, but moreso that there wasn't anything that really bothered me, that was noticeable.

I'm a big sim head, and would love a golf game that represents exactly what you see on Thursday-Sunday, but realistically, I don't think this series will ever be there, but I'd at least like to see them try.

Things that still bother me, about the next gen efforts, are ball physics, presentation and the way players swing like wet noodles. There is no force or power. Looks like they are just going through the motion. Also the lack of swing animations to this point has been inexcusable.

It sounds like this year, they have addressed it, but we'll see to what extent.

# 28 OnlookerDelay @ 01/10/13 05:04 PM
Here's a feature bullet that was listed on EA Sports UK's website that didn't appear in the USA:

Hello Friends – Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 14 has significantly upgraded the presentation elements as there are new tournament introductions, additional broadcast cameras, live updated stats throughout the round and much more! With the addition of over 3,000 camera shots, players will experience a tournament-like broadcast each and every time they tee off.

This is welcome news to me; I thought Tiger Wood 13 camera work was some of the weakest of the series. It sounds like they've recognized and addressed this. It also sounds like the Live Tournaments are going to be a lot more vibrant, with what sounds like hole-by-hole scoring updates for the entire tournament field and the ability to play in a semi-simultaneous grouping of up to 24 players (using shot tracer arcs and possibly live chat). It will be interesting to see how this new Live presentation will work. I just hope we can use these new camera options in Live Tournaments, unlike last year.

# 29 sydrogerdavid @ 01/10/13 11:28 PM
I might get this. Ben Hogan and Bobby Jones are worth an upgrade over TW 11.

# 30 acelang123 @ 01/12/13 02:41 AM
Im looking forward to hearing more about the presentation upgrades, they really needed to do something. I can't imagine this 14 game being that much better than 13, but you never know. Maybe this is the revolutionary game we've been waiting for. The devs read the reviews on IGN, Gamespot and others. When you're told your game is 7.0-8.5, that's frustrating when Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Basketball are getting 9.0s which is basically a 10 in the sports gaming world. Crossing the fingers.....

# 31 scottmac @ 01/12/13 07:34 PM
Will we be able to import our golfer from TW13?

# 32 DivotMaker @ 01/12/13 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac
Will we be able to import our golfer from TW13?
Can't comment specifically on this. You will find out more as EA releases more information in the coming weeks.

# 33 gsize19 @ 01/14/13 09:59 AM
wishful thinking, but would love for Vita to have TW golf...

# 34 DivotMaker @ 01/14/13 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
wishful thinking, but would love for Vita to have TW golf...
I would buy a Vita for just that game....

# 35 gsize19 @ 01/14/13 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Yeah I have one, I like it, but having golf on it, and not the Hot Shots Golf BS, would be fantastic. Vita wants to increase sales, team with EA and put out titles like TW, and NHL, then make then all cross play like they do with MLB The Show, and it would be incredible!!!

# 36 Thrash13 @ 01/14/13 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Same here. I've almost bought one on several occasions just for MLB The Show, but if Tiger was ever released for the Vita, I'd get one in a heartbeat!

# 37 Jet Sufferer @ 01/14/13 05:16 PM
If you guys like golf and golf games and haven't played Hot Shots you're really missing out. Many sim aspects are included and the gameplay is great, one of the best golf series ever.

Don't sleep on it because of the graphical style, they're great games, been playing them since the PS1 days.

Hot Shots is worth getting a Vita for if you want a golf game on the Vita, it's that good.

# 38 DivotMaker @ 01/15/13 12:41 AM
Thanks, but no thanks....have no interest in HSG.....

# 39 N51_rob @ 01/15/13 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
If you guys like golf and golf games and haven't played Hot Shots you're really missing out. Many sim aspects are included and the gameplay is great, one of the best golf series ever.

Don't sleep on it because of the graphical style, they're great games, been playing them since the PS1 days.

Hot Shots is worth getting a Vita for if you want a golf game on the Vita, it's that good.
I understand what that you are just trying to be helpful, but lets keep this thread and its conversation about TW'14. Thanks.

# 40 Lieutenant Dan @ 01/15/13 12:24 PM
I'm stoked at what's been hinted at for presentation, cameras and the Majors and some other features.

I have to say I'm really hoping for user-controlled weather in career mode this year and more variation in the results of my drives. My FIR was way too high in last year's game, great as a game it is.

Care to drop a hint on those if you can, Divot?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.