Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
The Show Live allows you to play any games from the 2013 MLB schedule with the most up-to-date rosters, lineups, and statistics, fed directly from MLB.com. Whether the game is starting in an hour, or was played a month ago, the presentation and commentary in The Show Live is dynamic to the landscape of the MLB on the date the game was scheduled. Relive a player’s 40th Home Run, clinch the pennant for a team that choked it away, or play along with the game you’re watching or listening to. The Show Live is a mode for the truest of MLB fans.

Source - Live with MLB 13’s The Show Live (PlayStation.Blog)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 tnixen @ 02/14/13 12:41 PM
It would be cool if info was displayed for total games played and which team won next to every game in Show Live mode! So like for example lets say you select "Red Sox At Orioles from May 13,2013" there would be info that would say something like "Total Games Played 75 Red Sox Wins 50 Orioles Wins 25" This way we would know how many times each match up was played and which team is winning more often. It would also allow us to see who the most popular teams are amongst all of us.

Also would like to see the presentation show lots of info like Current Standings, League Leaders, upcoming team schedules with pitching match ups and so on.

Hopfully these things can be added to The Show Live 2.0 Mode next year

# 62 zbundy3 @ 02/14/13 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
From what I've heard, the rosters in the show live are separate from their normal roster updates, I'm assuming they just do a quick CAP since daily updates are absolutely vital to this mode... maybe since SCEA is officially affiliated with MLB they are able to bypass the restrictions they had in the past?
I was very interested in knowing this as well. It would be great to play Garrit Cole career debut for the pirates when(hoping) he makes it to the big leagues this year!

# 63 JLL84 @ 02/14/13 12:45 PM
Really excited for this mode! I know we can't use OSFM, but will we be able to edit stances, motions, accessories, etc? Or is it like online we're stuck with all defaults?

# 64 nemesis04 @ 02/14/13 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLL84
Really excited for this mode! I know we can't use OSFM, but will we be able to edit stances, motions, accessories, etc? Or is it like online we're stuck with all defaults?
I believe it is all defaults.

# 65 SoxFan01605 @ 02/14/13 12:56 PM
Heh...this felt like "Ben Stein presents The Show Live"

Jokes aside, looks great. Personally, It's awesome that this lets you backtrack to any point in the season too, so I might hop in for quick games here and there. I like how SCEA has spent time trying to make each mode a more unique experience. I'm a franchise monkey, but I am actually looking forward to messing around with this and RTTS a lot this year as well.

# 66 ILiveForThis @ 02/14/13 12:59 PM
Looks great, I'll use it from time-to-time.

# 67 pirates1fan @ 02/14/13 01:09 PM
I think I have a man crush on Ramone and any of the other show designers and developers. So, so happy! I honestly think I would pay double for this game if I had the chance to get it now and not wait till March 5th.

# 68 Curahee @ 02/14/13 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Heh...this felt like "Ben Stein presents The Show Live"
Are you trying to say Nick has no personality?

The man is a little shy, thats all.

# 69 Kirby_SCEA @ 02/14/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong
Looks like Konerko got some new batting stance love! Looks great too! Creds to the guy doing the mo-cap work for stances and pitch deliveries u are really nailing them!

Also love how the teams run out of the dugout together out to the field!

And lastly the post-game interview is a great touch as well!

The Show is definitely becoming quite polished!
Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying the stances and deliveries.

# 70 SoxFan01605 @ 02/14/13 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
Are you trying to say Nick has no personality?

The man is a little shy, thats all.
Ha! Nah, just having a bit of fun. He might have been a bit shy, but it came off as more "dry" to me (I don't know the guy though, so I could be off-base there). I actually laughed out loud at the matter-of-fact support of his White Sox.

# 71 Curahee @ 02/14/13 01:44 PM
Quote:
Ha! Nah, just having a bit of fun. He might have been a bit shy, but it came off as more "dry" to me (I don't know the guy though, so I could be off-base there). I actually laughed out loud at the matter-of-fact support of his White Sox.
He did the DD video last year and you can tell he's a shy kinda guy. It prob took all he had to do that interview....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ8f0fC3v-I

# 72 HockeyRef33 @ 02/14/13 01:46 PM
Hey guys, newcomer here, but the screens with the post-game interviews got me thinking.... What if a guy gets a shaving cream pie in the face during the interview for walk off wins? That will blow my mind if its in the game

# 73 nemesis04 @ 02/14/13 01:50 PM
Quote:
He did the DD video last year and you can tell he's a shy kinda guy. It prob took all he had to do that interview....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ8f0fC3v-I
He is not shy even though it may come off that way in this clip.

# 74 tnixen @ 02/14/13 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRef33
Hey guys, newcomer here, but the screens with the post-game interviews got me thinking.... What if a guy gets a shaving cream pie in the face during the interview for walk off wins? That will blow my mind if its in the game
This is coming in MLB 14 The Show I think I heard someone say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeO63iqLQyU

# 75 ebarws6 @ 02/14/13 01:51 PM
This mode is basically what I did manually every day last year, minus the fact that we can't use OSFM with this. The stat updates and situational commentary are huge additions.

Also, it's great we can edit different parts of batting motions this year, Reddick's step will surely be added by me day 1, unless of course this is an old build.

# 76 Number2DJ @ 02/14/13 01:53 PM
Really good trailer, look forward to playing The Show Live.

1:01 Nice play by Jeter.

# 77 Curahee @ 02/14/13 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
He is not shy even though it may come off that way in this clips.
Maybe Camera Shy?

# 78 nemesis04 @ 02/14/13 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2DJ
Really good trailer, look forward to playing The Show Live.

1:01 Nice play by Jeter.
If he does that in real life now his leg will probably fall off, lol.

# 79 SoxFan01605 @ 02/14/13 02:11 PM
Quote:
Maybe Camera Shy?
lol...look what I started. Sorry! I don't think we actually need to break the guy's performance down. There's enough content to focus on, I think!

# 80 nemesis04 @ 02/14/13 02:13 PM
Quote:
lol...look what I started. Sorry! I don't think we actually need to break the guy's performance down. There's enough content to focus on, I think!
Nick's overall is in the high 90's but his presentation attribute is only a 70!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.