Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

MICHIGAN AND TEXAS A&M REACH FINAL ROUND OF NCAA FOOTBALL COVER VOTE

Denard Robinson and Ryan Swope Go Head-to-Head for the Cover

The NCAA Football Cover Vote has entered the final round, as Michigan’s Denard Robinson and Texas A&M’s Ryan Swope face-off for the opportunity to grace the cover of this year’s game. After six rounds and over 3.1M votes these two athletes remain as the last men standing in the quest for the cover.

Robinson and Swope jumped out to large early leads this round and never looked back. The duo continually battled for the lead throughout, with Robinson ultimately securing the most votes. Robinson has deployed the power of social media to fuel his campaign, while Aggie Nation has shown unprecedented support for Swope.

Final round voting has begun on the NCAA Football Facebook page, and will continue through March 8th. This is the last chance for fans to secure victory for their favored athlete, and vote totals have reset to zero so it’s anyone’s race.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 This Is Michigan @ 02/26/13 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
This would make a sweet one for 2007's cover..... I keed I keed.
Actually, I could see this one-

My mistake you guys did have a cover. NCAA Gamebreaker had eddie george on it.

# 22 Gap Integrity @ 02/26/13 09:51 PM
I think Archie Griffin would be sweet. But most young kids today have no clue who he is. Maybe If Manziel wins a pair of Heismans they can share a cover.

# 23 Gap Integrity @ 02/26/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Why do we need pat Tillman on the cover? I think that's opening a can of worms. The patriotic thing is overblown, I didn't know him so I'm guessing he was a better person then football player but I don't think he should be on a cover. Too much controversy and it attention EA doesn't need.
Touche' I think anyone who abandons an NFL career to serve with his brother in combat and dies should deserve mention. He was underrated as a player, and defied odds to become a star at Arizona State. I guess I just think it would be a patriotic thing for EA to do. I'm not sure how this could generate negative press, or be a controversy. JMO

# 24 This Is Michigan @ 02/26/13 10:01 PM
Quote:
I think Archie Griffin would be sweet. But most young kids today have no clue who he is. Maybe If Manziel wins a pair of Heismans they can share a cover.
I don't think EA is going to break their tradition of having outgoing players on the cover. Only 1.5 times have they done it (06 with Desmond and this year with half of it with Barry Sanders).

# 25 BA2929 @ 02/26/13 10:04 PM
I'd rather have either one of these guys on the cover than relive someone like Jared Zabransky again. At least both of these guys are going to get drafted.

# 26 BA2929 @ 02/26/13 10:34 PM
Quote:
Touche' I think anyone who abandons an NFL career to serve with his brother in combat and dies should deserve mention. He was underrated as a player, and defied odds to become a star at Arizona State. I guess I just think it would be a patriotic thing for EA to do. I'm not sure how this could generate negative press, or be a controversy. JMO
Before you read my retort, I just want everyone to know that I'd have no issue having Pat on the cover of any NCAA or Madden game and I regard every person who has ever died for our country as a hero.

That said, here is what I'm going to say:

There would be controversy imo if Tillman was on the cover of NCAA or Madden. Tillman was killed by friendly fire and that fact was covered up by many people, including the Army, for quite awhile. He was also against the war and an atheist. Those things rub many people in this country the wrong way. Like "huge protest on release day" wrong way. EA is better off just remembering him as an unlockable player or as a trading card in Madden unless they want to have publicity for something other than their game. He's a hero, but a complicated hero in many eyes.

If EA is going to be patriotic, just let Army/Navy/Air Force either share a cover, or make all 3 teams have a cover to themselves in the same year, similar to what 2k did with NBA 2k12.

# 27 BV11 @ 02/26/13 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
Yeah, maybe we should put that guy from Kansas on it.. oh wait.
What was the point of saying that?

# 28 BA2929 @ 02/26/13 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
Yeah, maybe we should put that guy from Kansas on it.. oh wait.
How does KU have anything to do with Jared Zabransky being an awful cover athlete?

# 29 BLACKjersey53 @ 02/27/13 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'd rather have either one of these guys on the cover than relive someone like Jared Zabransky again. At least both of these guys are going to get drafted.
I'd take Zabransky over Brian Johnson (PS3) and Mark Sanchez (PSP) from NCAA 10. At least I remember the great Fiesta Bowl trickery, which is more good than I can say about Johnson or Sanchez.

# 30 SkillzKillz719 @ 02/27/13 12:26 AM
I think this is so silly.
It's like if America voted and whoever had the most wins.

Isn't that what the Senate is for?
Equal representation?

Oregon State has no chance in this...

# 31 This Is Michigan @ 02/27/13 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Totally agree with you on Pat Tillman. No disrespect for what he did but the conditions of how he died and all the press would not be good for EA. I think justifying whether he's a hero for going to war is a topic for another forum. I like PBR idea for a johnny football and archie griffin cover if manziel is able to win the heisman again which I doubt.
Here are your next covers-

15: Clowney
16: manziel

# 32 Lawdawg25 @ 02/27/13 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Michigan
Here are your next covers-

15: Clowney
16: manziel
What if Johnny leaves after next year like a lot of people think he will?

# 33 boilerup23 @ 02/27/13 03:22 PM
Might as well put Jamarcus Russell on the cover lol

# 34 BA2929 @ 02/27/13 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdawg25
What if Johnny leaves after next year like a lot of people think he will?
Then there won't even be a vote if he has another great season. They'll just put him on the cover and be done with it. Especially if he wins another Heisman.

# 35 Lawdawg25 @ 02/28/13 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Then there won't even be a vote if he has another great season. They'll just put him on the cover and be done with it. Especially if he wins another Heisman.
a la Tebow

# 36 theharbinater @ 02/28/13 02:50 PM
can it be this one?

EDIT: pic too big.

link to pic

# 37 SpartyParty11 @ 02/28/13 03:41 PM
i guess ill be making my own cover once again. Denard Robinson, such a fail

# 38 BleedGreen710 @ 03/04/13 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by go tribe
I was going to suggest that you put classic pics of UM beating Ohio State on the cover but then you'd only have 2 video games over the last 12 years.

# 39 BraveHeart @ 03/04/13 06:05 PM
There needs to be an O-lineman on the cover (or a defensive lineman at the very least). That's where these games are won, in the trenches.

# 40 T-Moar @ 03/05/13 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Michigan
A&M is sadly, probably gonna win. It's a shame because Denard deserves it. His video game stats fit being on the cover.

It's all the bitter buckeye, notre dame and state fans who never have had/ever will have a cover athlete that are voting against Denard.

One way or another, my cover will have Denard on it since I make them with Michigan players for every game.
You do know, just for the record, that pretty much every school in Texas hates A&M, right? Just as a general rule, if you go to a school in Texas that's not UT or A&M, you hate UT and A&M. Doesn't matter if you're at North friggin' Texas, those are the rules.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.