Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Road To The Show received an overhaul and a bunch of new features for MLB 13 The Show. Designer Kirby St. John takes you through them all.

MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB 13 The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 DGuinta1 @ 02/27/13 05:42 PM
Glorious! Can't wait! RTTS! woot!

Go Yanks!!

# 82 JustinVerlander35 @ 02/27/13 05:48 PM
My reaction

I cannot wait for this game.

# 83 Number2DJ @ 02/27/13 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinVerlander35
My reaction

Spoiler

I cannot wait for this game.
Can't say I had the same reaction, but I'm certainly excited for March 5th.

# 84 m-dogg @ 02/27/13 06:27 PM
love the direction you are taking with this mode Kirby, any sports game I play I want to feel like I am on the field/court in a real major league arena/park. I think I am going to love all the new sounds.

only disappointment is in the description of the Manual Catch option, it says the ball halo will always be on? I was really looking forward to using manual catch, but I hate any halo or ball trail when I play. I like my hud clean as possible and to look like a real game, I hope maybe if there are any patches to come a simple fix of allowing the ball halo to be off and manual catch to be on will be possible. I'm pretty sure I will be able to field the ball in the infield w/o the halo forced on.

love the rest!

# 85 Perfect Zero @ 02/27/13 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
...but I hate any halo or ball trail when I play...
Which is why you can turn this off.

# 86 thaSLAB @ 02/27/13 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Tonight?!?
Right now!

Spoiler

# 87 slickkill77 @ 02/27/13 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
love the direction you are taking with this mode Kirby, any sports game I play I want to feel like I am on the field/court in a real major league arena/park. I think I am going to love all the new sounds.

only disappointment is in the description of the Manual Catch option, it says the ball halo will always be on? I was really looking forward to using manual catch, but I hate any halo or ball trail when I play. I like my hud clean as possible and to look like a real game, I hope maybe if there are any patches to come a simple fix of allowing the ball halo to be off and manual catch to be on will be possible. I'm pretty sure I will be able to field the ball in the infield w/o the halo forced on.

love the rest!
They said it is on by default, but you can turn all of it off...

# 88 barsoffury @ 02/27/13 07:23 PM
So.....no info on achievement goals?

# 89 LakerFan56 @ 02/27/13 07:26 PM
I hope they added a practice mode to field fly balls in the outfield. Seems like it's gona take some time to get used to. It's gona be more challenging, but a lot more fun now.

# 90 MetsFan16 @ 02/27/13 07:29 PM
I'm still a little confused on the manual catching feature. Do you have to time it right to catch the ball, or does it just matter that you press L2 before the ball gets to you?

# 91 econoodle @ 02/27/13 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby_SCEA
No, I didn't mention that, but for those who want to know, when fielding, you can press R1 pre-pitch to look at the jumbotron/scoreboard.
Well now, how cool is that?

Never got into RTTS, but hell, a players gotta have SOMETHING to do til' OSFM, right?

# 92 LakerFan56 @ 02/27/13 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I'm still a little confused on the manual catching feature. Do you have to time it right to catch the ball, or does it just matter that you press L2 before the ball gets to you?
You have to time the catch.

# 93 thaSLAB @ 02/27/13 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
The ball halo turns green, unless you have it off. In that case, you have to time it.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 94 slickkill77 @ 02/27/13 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
So.....no info on achievement goals?
Im pretty sure they said during the CD that they are still in. I think the only thing they changed were the stupid ones like pitchers having to hit a certain slg %

# 95 DGuinta1 @ 02/27/13 08:31 PM
TY SCEA for all your hard work! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 96 garyjr33 @ 02/27/13 09:02 PM
Awesome stuff! My only question is: did they fix the trade logic where if you pick a team to start your career with the team always seems to trade you a few months into your career? Does anyone that went to the community day even know the answer to this question?

# 97 Bobhead @ 02/27/13 09:16 PM
What's the bullseye/radar looking thing in the lower left corner of the screen?

# 98 bp4baseball @ 02/27/13 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I just skimmed through the video again and didn't see what you were referring to....when fielding or running?

# 99 Factzzz @ 02/27/13 09:21 PM
Is the "Practice Swing" in the batting stance editor like what you do before the pitch is thrown? Like how Ryan Howard holds his bat out towards the pitcher.

# 100 Bobhead @ 02/27/13 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp4baseball
I just skimmed through the video again and didn't see what you were referring to....when fielding or running?
It appears several times, but only momentarily. One example is at exactly 2:57.
It's while fielding.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.