Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the new MLB 13 The Show gameplay video, featuring the Atlanta Braves and Washington Nationals, as they battle it out in the NLDS (new postseason mode).

Big thanks to chrisjohnson83!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 thaSLAB @ 02/28/13 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Well after all that going on with the Yankees you can say that about their offense without watching an inning lol
Lol, I knew someone was going to take it there!

-- Sent from the Future...

# 142 dran1984 @ 02/28/13 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Lol, I knew someone was going to take it there!

-- Sent from the Future...

It was too good to let slide

# 143 woz411 @ 02/28/13 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
It was too good to let slide
but you get my point

# 144 treyraq @ 02/28/13 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arod2k9
This is what Russell has been saying for years and I'm glad to have a development team that cares for its community and fan base. Its baseball people, we are adults here. I wouldn't want to be playing the Show at 8am Saturday morning and commentators screaming their lungs out. I like the beauty in this game and I hope this simplicity continues for a long long time!
Why wouldn't you?
If the situation called for it, wouldn't you want the game to sound as authentic as possible?

# 145 ScouserHUN @ 02/28/13 01:07 AM
Most people who are complaining about the commentary are the people who only play a handful of games with the Show. They can't even scratch the surface in this game, they are just interested in the shiny things.

We, who are playing 300+ games every year, we know exactly what to expect from this game, and we are satisfied with it, because we know how big a step forward this game will be.

# 146 AUTiger1 @ 02/28/13 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Nothing to do with emotion, the amount of dead air is unbearable. Example - Matty V says "The starting lineup for Washington looks like this" at the 7:47 mark, which is followed by dead silence for 12 seconds... Now imagine that after every pitch, it adds up fairly quick. If you're not going to have them talk for 12 seconds, don't have the damn cutscene be that long lol
Which I don't understand. They used to highlight a player in the starting lineup and talk about him. That is good but they then took it out and now you have such a dead period when announcing the starting lineups.

# 147 AUTiger1 @ 02/28/13 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
It's not that the commentary is bad or anything it's just that Vasgersian is just plain boring. With a video game you need someone that is slightly over the top in order to add a bit of excitement at times.
But Matty V is over the top and exciting in real life. I don't know why that doesn't translate into the games.

# 148 authentic @ 02/28/13 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's difficult.
I'm laughing too hard.

M.K.
Knight165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
Most people who are complaining about the commentary are the people who only play a handful of games with the Show. They can't even scratch the surface in this game, they are just interested in the shiny things.

We, who are playing 300+ games every year, we know exactly what to expect from this game, and we are satisfied with it, because we know how big a step forward this game will be.
Exclude me from that list. I played over two seasons. Knowing what this game offers gameplay wise, it's just tough to listen to the commentary. Maybe it's just me, but the commentary makes me listen to music rather than the actual game.

# 149 Quentin2011 @ 02/28/13 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN

This is a very horrible post.

# 150 JDL375 @ 02/28/13 01:29 AM
I'll have to wait until I have the game and play Postseason games myself and get into different situations and see what happens....but based on this short video, I don't see any difference in "Postseason Mode" from any other game (exhibition or franchise).

Aside from the pre-game festivities and some different cut scenes and stat presentations.....the actual baseball game itself plays the same. I know it's beating a dead horse, but I was expecting more enthusiastic commentary.....and they kept saying that "Postseason Mode" was going to capture the intensity of a real Playoff game....

I wasn't feeling any extra intensity from that video. If you took the NLDS logos off the field and didn't show me the pre-game intro, you wouldn't even know it was a Playoff game or not.

Still the best baseball game EVER, but Postseason Mode was way too hyped if all that is different is the brief pre-game cut scenes.

# 151 MVP9072 @ 02/28/13 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
Don't get me wrong, this game looks great. Commentary doesn't have any real effect on how I would rate this game. I just wish the commentary was more in depth. There will always be one part of a game that people complain about, it's how it is, but in no way did this video make the game "disappointing."
It's the only thing that needs improvements really everything else is great i love that we can make setup our stances now

# 152 Sco291 @ 02/28/13 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
It's the only thing that needs improvements really everything else is great i love that we can make setup our stances now
Agreed. Stances and follow through/swing animations, ...I don't think people are going to realize how huge that its going to be. So excited for that

# 153 DodgerFanatic2K3 @ 02/28/13 02:12 AM
I refuse to watch any game play videos before I get it this year but honestly if 2K never improved their commentary almost everyone would think "The Shows" was great right now

# 154 Spaced Ace @ 02/28/13 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bautistabomb
lots of stuttering in the video. This has me concerned. I wonder if going the digital download route would help this in any way. Not smooth at all.
This has me a bit concerned as well. I hope it gets cleaned up.

# 155 ARoid1313 @ 02/28/13 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
Suit yourself...I bet you still get the game.
lol probably

# 156 kennyacid @ 02/28/13 02:28 AM
I love the show but the lack of emotion is a bummer. If the situation calls for it I want to hear excitement. Heck I still enjoy all star baseball commentary better and that was on ps2.

# 157 riotmonster @ 02/28/13 02:47 AM
The commentary has been dull since The Show 11. I played most of last year's game on mute because it was so boring, and just listened to music instead.

# 158 tril @ 02/28/13 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
Dead, dead, dead commentary. Disappointing.
cosign. the commentary put me to sleep!

# 159 tril @ 02/28/13 03:15 AM
commentary sounds far worst than the last several years. I know they are going for authenticity, but come on.
Ive grown to like the nuances of MLB THE SHOWS commentary, but this seems like a step back.

# 160 etched Chaos @ 02/28/13 03:56 AM
The Show looks great, it plays great but it sounds just ok. It's been that way for a few years now and a few of us can see the potential for almost perfection in the game but the sound keeps letting it down. The commentary is a big part of the game, it helps immerse you and adds resonance to those special moments.

For all the talk of repetitiveness, NBA 2k still gets my blood pumping when they'd be discussing some subject, I'd pull a monster jam and they'd go nuts. It's those little moment that make a big difference. Commentary helps make the great moments historic if done correctly and with the Show that's it's one glaring weakness.

So can we please stop the moaning about the commentary complaints, some of you are taking it far too personally. We're not complaining about commentary because we think SCEA have mailed it in, we're doing so because we love the game so much we want it to be the greatest sports game ever made, and yet this one facet keeps delaying it's rise to complete and utter domination.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.