Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Another MLB 13 The Show title update has arrived this morning, bringing it up to version 1.18. It weighs in at 167 MB, see below for all the details.
  • In offline and online games, there was an occasional hitch/millisecond delay just as the pitcher would release the pitch.
    - The title was writing data to the HDD at this point, causing the brief, but noticeable hiccup in the gameplay. When the title writes to the HDD has been adjusted, and this hitch/delay will no longer occur.

• Franchise Fantasy Draft blank screen in Standard Def only. This was reported with a 100% frequency. In a Franchise mode, when performing a Fantasy Draft, the first round worked correctly. Every round after the first round would have a blank list of available players and drafted players. User could scroll through the empty list and choose players, but the player names were invisible. This was standard definition only. This has been fixed.

• In online games, there was a very rare crash when putting a Pinch Hitter into the game. This was reported with a frequency of approximately 2% - 10%. Multiple pinch hit substitutions in the same inning could eventually result in a crash. This was fixed.

• In a Franchise game, while playing with the Houston Astros, an On Screen Display showing division team comparisons would show the Houston Astros in their old National League division. This has been fixed.

• Challenge of the Week - In game real time leaderboard would disappear/reappear frequently. This was reported with a 100% frequency. In game leaderboard on the right side of the screen would flicker in and out on almost every pitch. This has been fixed.

• Online Game Rooms - Within a game room, we changed the terminology within Challenge Options pop-up. We removed the text "(Tracked)" as well as the text "(Unranked, Untracked)" from the top two challenge options within a game room. This was not a bug, but it caused some confusion with consumers. Safe text change that has been addressed.

• Online - Timing batting was available for users in an online game. This was reported with a frequency of 100%. This setting was never intended for online gameplay and has been removed.

• Within an online game created through a Game Room, users did not have the ability to Concede or Friendly quit through the Quit option. This was reported with a frequency of 100%. Concede/Friendly quit has been added to the Quit game menu.

• Offline gameplay - Following a Fast Forward in any gameplay mode, the Pitcher would throw a fastball down the middle with about 90% frequency. This has been fixed.

• Use Custom rosters in Leagues. Create some custom (created players) players and upload them to the rosters and form a league that way. Once the league is formed, make sure every teams roster can be generated. Specifically, any team that has a created player on that roster. Key step to this is when uploading a Roster, user must choose LOAD ROSTER FROM HD or LOAD ROSTER FROM VAULT

• Create a league (Load weekly roster during creation process) and have any user control the Minnesota Twins - After activating the league, go to Manage Roster (for the Twins) and generate lineups and rosters. At this point (In PROD), user would receive an error message and the lineups would never be generated. Error Message: (Sorry, we could not generate a valid roster/lineup/rotation with the given players) Key step to this is when uploading a Roster, user must choose LOAD WEEKLY ROSTER.

• Four significant Art changes:
    1. Addition of new 2013 Post Season logos. These can be viewed throughout the front end, and in game easily in PostSeason mode. Logos can appear in the frontend bracket screens, load screen bracket screens, on the field logos, and during on screen display pop-ups.
    2. Batting Practice hats for the Cleveland Indians. Removed an outdated logo batting hat.
    3. San Francisco AT&T stadium - There was a Minnesota Twins logo in the dirt of the pitching mound.
    4. Toronto Stadium - There was a large section of seating that appeared grey instead of blue (behind 1st or 3rd base). This was reported with a frequency of 100%. The art files have been changed to reflect the proper seat colors.

• Online user vs user games - Concede/Friendly Quit option has been added to the quit menu in games formed and played through Game Rooms

• Fixed an occasional hang that occured when loading a save file that was autosaved after purchasing budget in the Manage Contracts screen.

• Player Progression issue in Franchise fixed. This would cause older players in season/franchise modes to regress at a faster pace than intended.

• Fixed an issue with the one and two handed follow through setting in Edit Player. Two handed follow through was not carrying over into game.

• Manager mode - All batters due up were being displayed as "L" for left handed batter. This has been fixed in HD displays.

• Manager mode - Pitcher would never pitchout until it was requested by the manager. Pitcher will now occasionaly pitch out when the time is appropriate, when user selects Play Ball.

• Fixed an issue where 2013 Hall of Fame players were not showing up.

• Post game celebartion following a win. SF Giants were walking to/from the wrong dugout. This has been fixed.

• Fixed a minor bug that affected Starting Pitcher energy in League games.

• End of inning music was missing in offline Fast Play games. This has been fixed.

• Fixed an issue where setting scouting to auto wouldn't stick.

• Online, fixed an issue where your online game settings wouldn't match you properly with your opponent.

• Fixed an issue that caused the Mercy rule to appear incorrectly at the end of certian online games.
Server Fixes
  • Twitter feeds fix
    - Twitter feeds should now show up with today's Tweets # New telemetry TSD file

• Updated player skill ranks
    - Using Play Now Rated games, users were staying at the Rookie level and not graduated to Veteran, All-Star, Hof, Legend. They should now move up and down based on Rating.

• Game reset fix for playoff games
    - Playoff games were unable to be reset. Now they can.

• Fixed league injury healing
    - When a player got injured if you set him to Inactive, "games returned" would never reduce. If you left him on the Active roster, it would count down. So doing it right punished users with a bug.

• DD: Arena card colors adjusted to match new number ranges
    - A+ cards should now be platinum, platinum cards should always be A+. Using the Recylcer should provide a platinum card.

• DD: Quality generation moved to after the aptitude is picked
    - Same test as above.

• DD: APT cards cannot be sold for wrong prices anymore
    - To repro, you can create a buy order for a high Aptitude DD card. You yourself (or another user) could put up a sell order with a lower Aptitude DD card and qualify for that Buy Order.

• DD: arena game summaries matched to histories by game_id
Thank you again, to our loyal community members, who have sent us feedback. The information we receive is instrumental for us in our effort to improve MLB 13, and build a better MLB 14.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Gagnon39 @ 03/26/13 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Yeah that's the real key is how the players perform, not the overall number.
I agree. I've always said I hope that one day sports games won't have "ratings" for players. We should base trades, free agent signings, etc. off of their numbers and scouting reports (which may or may not be accurate).

# 122 pirates1fan @ 03/26/13 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
After the Spring Training Decline has been fixed the biggest remaining issue I see with the regression system is the disproportional fast and drastic decline (>15 pts) of players aged 36+, with ratings in the upper 80s and higher during the FIRST year of each franchise.
Note: In the later years this isn't a problem anymore because with the way the regression engine works there is basically no chance of having a 37 year old player with a rating over 85. Players are starting to decline with 34 and lose around 7 to 10 points of their rating every year so by the age of 37 even the former best players are in the low 80s. And the regression engine usually won't decline a player with such lower ratings as fast despite their advanced age.

In my most recent test franchise I have paid special attention to those 8 players: Dickey, Jeter, Ichiro, Kuroda, Rivera, Ortiz, Tim Hudson, Joe Nathan. All over 36 yrs rated at least 89. After the first season all of them declined by 15+ points.
I wouldn't have a problem if that dramatic decline had happened to let's say 3 of them, while another 3 go down by the regular 7 to 10 points (as the average 35 year old player does in the game) and maybe another 2 would have kept about the same rating they had at the beginning of the season.
Maybe such a variety just isn't in the code of the current regression/progression engine so in that case I would like to see those all guy decline rather by 7 to 10 points than all of them losing 15 and more.
See, my thing is, though I do wish they wouldn't regress like this, it is still better. And, if you go through and sort players by age, you can keep up with editing them. It was a much more daunting task for me before, so I am at least going to be happy about that. Can't wait for your rosters knight!

# 123 ckarlic @ 03/26/13 11:21 AM
Awesome news. Looking forward to getting home from work tonite and firing up the game

# 124 Instant C1a55ic @ 03/26/13 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Awesome news. Looking forward to getting home from work tonite and firing up the game
Ditto, havent played it all weekend because of the K bug. Got tired of seeing 50 k's after a whole season for a SP in my RTTS. Hopefully this all works!

# 125 jmik58 @ 03/26/13 11:26 AM
Now I have to break the habit of calling time out before every first pitch of my RTTS at-bats

# 126 mark0817 @ 03/26/13 11:27 AM
Anybody know if they changed the managers or the blue jays to john gibbons and company instead of the generic guys?

# 127 ckarlic @ 03/26/13 11:29 AM
Patch is making me wish I took a day off today . Already have a vacation day set up for April 1st due to opening day.

# 128 Threeebs @ 03/26/13 11:29 AM
I had a feeling this title update would drop sooner rather than later based on the amount of "bugs" found in the game. I did notice, but didn't really take the time to look for answers on it, that rookies with rookie eligibility service time were no being considered rookies. I was looking at a guy like Adam Eaton winning the N.L. Rookie of the Year award, especially with his listed 0 days of service time. Very weird no one filed this as a bug.

It sucks to hear that regression in the regular season wasn't adjusted even just a little bit. It's something I can live with but it's not that realistic. From my years of watching ball I've seen many 35+ aged players dominate the game still. They may still be performing, like someone posted earlier, but when they are demoted to the minors, they aren't performing at the major league level.

Language written in the game should be changed so that players that are 34 and are still having productive seasons, shouldn't retire. This isn't realistic. Players love money and will stay in the game as long as possible. There should also be some kind of guidline written that during free agency, teams won't offer aged players contracts with a lot of mulitple years. That way they aren't paying a guy they signed at 35 7 million a year until he's 40, when he's in the minors because of regression.

I guess, no matter what I'm definetly happy about the update. Problem for me is I re-did all the player's rankings and saved over the online roster update with those edits. Thus, I don't plan on downloading the update until the OSFM rosters are out (which I'm really pumped for as I've never heard of them before this year). That's when I'll get serious and attempt my first 30 team control franchise.

Let's work the developers on a couple more things before they fully turn their attention to 2014.
- Rookies being regarded as rookies for the 2013 season
- Regression during the season not so drastic (-15 rating drop) until possibly the age of 37
- Language written so established players don't retire until at least the age of 35 or 36
- Language written so teams don't offer aged vets (34 or older) longterm contracts

Anyone in on this?

# 129 ScouserHUN @ 03/26/13 11:29 AM
Here are David Ortiz's stats after one season:

Contact vs Left: 70 -> 54
Contact vs Right: 84 -> 69
Pwr vs Left: 66 -> 51
Pwr vs Right: 92 -> 77
Clutch: 85 -> 70
Vision: 70 -> 55
Disc: 84 -> 69
Dur: 77 -> 62
Overall: 91 ->72

Is this intended?

Edit: By the way, I like the idea, that a 37 years old player should regress 15 points because he eventually has to retire at some point. However I don't like the idea of regressing this much during the season, because Older players like Big Papi would become useless by the 2013 postseason. It would be better if they got worse maybe 5-8 point during the season then another 5-8 point after the end of the season.

This way you can start a season with a 91 overall superstar and end up with a with a 72 overall wreck by the playoffs...

# 130 BSchwartz07 @ 03/26/13 11:31 AM
The cap change was the Indian from the Atlanta Braves' BP cap, not from Cleveland

# 131 LastActionHero @ 03/26/13 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN

Is this intended?
Don't know but I do know he's not getting any younger

# 132 cubsfan1221 @ 03/26/13 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Unfortunately...no...the CPU is still not adjusting it's defense.
This one REALLY hurts as Manage only Mode is all about tactics and not having this work removes a great percentage of the strategy.

M.K.
Knight165
Dang thats disappointing...Thanks for letting me know

# 133 nomo17k @ 03/26/13 11:39 AM
Has there been any official announcement as to whether this is the final and last patch for this year's release?

# 134 flamingoezz @ 03/26/13 11:42 AM
I'd say this is more realistic

Contact vs Left: 70 -> 60
Contact vs Right: 84 -> 75
Pwr vs Left: 66 -> 55
Pwr vs Right: 92 -> 80
Vision: 70 -> 65
Disc: 84 -> 75
Dur: 77 -> 65

Realistically, I only added 3-4 points to his overall score..but that could be the difference between him being in AAA or the majors in the second season of your franchise.

If guys like Giambi can stick around just for their power hitting prowess, I think Papi should be in uniform at least 2 more seasons, even if it isn't as an everyday guy. he should be able to hit 15 homers off the bench and bat .260

Quote:

Is this intended?

By the way, I like the idea, that a 37 years old player should regress 15 points because he eventually has to retire at some point. However I don't like the idea of regressing this much during the season, because Older players like Big Papi would become useless by the 2013 postseason. It would be better if they got worse maybe 5-8 point during the season then another 5-8 point after the end of the season.

This way you can start a season with a 91 overall superstar and end up with a with a 72 overall wreck by the playoffs...

# 135 rspencer86 @ 03/26/13 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Has there been any official announcement as to whether this is the final and last patch for this year's release?
There wasn't even an "official" announcement that this one was coming, so I doubt we'll hear anything confirming that there won't be any more patches.

# 136 HighCmpPct @ 03/26/13 11:45 AM
Quote:

Is this intended?

Edit: By the way, I like the idea, that a 37 years old player should regress 15 points because he eventually has to retire at some point. However I don't like the idea of regressing this much during the season, because Older players like Big Papi would become useless by the 2013 postseason. It would be better if they got worse maybe 5-8 point during the season then another 5-8 point after the end of the season.

Could you sim the next year and post his stats?

I.e. avg. Hr. Rbi.

# 137 nomo17k @ 03/26/13 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
There wasn't even an "official" announcement that this one was coming, so I doubt we'll hear anything confirming that there won't be any more patches.
I believe in one year they did explicitly state that a patch was final... it was MLB 11 I think... (remember this since I was disappointed because was hoping something would be fixed... wild, wild pitches iirc...).

I don't know, with quite a few glitches squashed already, I feel my sense of purpose for existing as a tester has sadly vanished.... Just kidding.

Hoping there will be another one that fixes the remaining "major" issues though.

# 138 Farmer joe @ 03/26/13 11:49 AM
Ok so patch downloaded with no problems. I figured I'd on to the sample size by simulating a season in franchise mode. I picked the Yanks since they have a bunch of old players. I also kept track of a couple of other good older players from the league. I will also post up league leader in K and a few other stats to see if the wild season stats I've been reading about have been toned down.

I am not the biggest geek on baseball numbers, so I'll just post them up and let you guys discuss to see if anything seems better after the patch (at least on this 1 franchise sim test)

I just skipped and chose to End ST, since I don't usually play it at all. No stats dropped in the handful of players I'm watching. Now here's the list. The first line is what they started with and the 2nd line is what they ended the season with, as far as attributes are concerned. I only chose a handful of attributes to really watch. Sorry that the info is kind of messy, but I did this real quick to see if I saw any difference in regression.

Ichiro Suzuki Age:39
OVR:89 Ended season at 71!
CON R/L: 86/80 VIS:84 DUR: 99 FLD:93 ARM:97/91 SPD:90
71/65 79 84 78 82/75 75

Derek Jeter Age:38
OVR:90 Ended season at 70!
CON R/L: 71/99 VIS:84 DUR:97 FLD:82 ARM:79/64 SPD:63
56/85 70 82 67 64/48 49

Alex Rodriguez Age:37
OVR:88 Ended season at 69!
CON R/L: 72/72 POW R/L: 70/64 VIS: 63 DUR: 64 SPD: 52
57/58 55/50 49 51 38

Andy Pettitte Age:40
OVR:87 Ended Season at 69!!! Coming out of the pen, even though he had a 13-4 record!
STM: 89 H/K/BB/HR: 66/66/74/69 CLT/CON/VEL/BRK: 69/72/54/91
76 52/51/60/48 55/58/40/77

Ryan Dempster Age:35
OVR: 87 Ended season at 82 with an 8-9 record :/
STM: 88 H/K/BB/HR: 64/72/64/61 CLT/CON/VEL/BRL: 67/61/64/93
83 60/67/59/57 63/59/62/91

David Ortiz Age:37
OVR:91 Ended season at 75
CON R/L: 84/70 POW R/L: 92/66 VIS: 70 DUR: 77 SPD: 9
71/57 79/53 58 64 0

Tim Hudson Age: 37
OVR: 89 Ended season at 71! with an 9-10 record
STM: 93 H/K/BB/HR: 68/52/76/73 CLT/CON/VEL/BRK: 60/59/64/81
78 54/38/61/59 45/45/50/68

Paul Konerko Age: 36
OVR: 94 Ended season at 82 with 38HR 108RBI and .313 AVG!!! come on now!
CON R/L: 82/80 POW R/L: 77/73 VIS: 76 SPD: 13
73/71 68/63 67 4

Regression fixed? Obviously not. Dempster is the only one who took the least hit, and that's because he's right at the 35 year old mark. If he were 36, he probably would've have declined 10 more points OVR. It makes some of these guys unusable, even after good or decent seasons. They suffer a loss at fielding and arm str and acc, lose a lot of speed, and lose a lot of their bat. Pettitte even had a really good year and still ended up regressing so much that he had to come out of the pen.

League Leaders:
AL AVG (Top 12 are at .298 or higher)
Miggy .333 (Also lead
Konerko .313
Mauer .313

NL AVG (Top 12 are .290 or higher)
Goldschmidt .313
Scutaro .307
Ruggiano .305

AL HR
Miggy 43
Bautista 41
Napoli 40
Ortiz 40

NL HR
Headley 34
Stanton 34
Braun 33

AL RBI
Miggy 131
Ortiz 114
Encarnacion 113

NL RBI
Headley 104
Brice 104
Votto 100

AL ERA
Peavy 2.44
Dickey 2.93 (Ended season at 75 OVR)
Floyd 3.01

NL ERA
Bumgarner 2.45
Luebke 2.46
Strasburg 2.54

AL SO
Darvish 240
Sale 211
Verlander 208
Matt Moore 203
Morrow 201

NL SO
Strasburg 252
Chapman 219
G Gonzalez 216
Lincecum 203
Lynn + Hamels 197

Looking at these stats and comparing to some that were post pre-patch, it seems that things have been balanced out better. I see better ERA and SO numbers here. Also the Offensive numbers seem to be better balanced. Of course, this is just 1 test sample.
Regression system still sucks though.

# 139 Majingir @ 03/26/13 11:57 AM
Quote:
4. Toronto Stadium - There was a large section of seating that appeared grey instead of blue (behind 1st or 3rd base). This was reported with a frequency of 100%. The art files have been changed to reflect the proper seat colors.

Twitter feeds fix
- Twitter feeds should now show up with today's Tweets # New telemetry TSD file
Sure, you called it "Toronto Stadium"(it's Rogers Centre...), but I'll take it, cause great to see that this has finally been fixed, after being incorrect for 2 years!

And nice that twitter feeds working too!

So 2 of the 3 things I really wanted to be fixed did get fixed, so that's great! Surprised nothing about sound stuttering was mentioned in the OP, guess that'll happen in next update since this update for the most part was about bigger issues(like online and pitch delay)

# 140 jeremym480 @ 03/26/13 11:57 AM
I was thinking about adjusting the older players up a little after they regress, but after seeing Farmer Joe's post I may just leave it alone. I mean if the regressing player is still contributing then I don't really care what they are rated.

I would be interested in seeing how the do the next season before making any final decisions though.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.