Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

As most of you already know, the NFL passed some new safety rules for the upcoming season. Game Informer has confirmed with EA Sports that the team will be implementing those rules in Madden NFL 25.

It should be interesting to see how well it works. Hopefully they work on pass interference penalties and penalties in general, while they are at it.

Thanks for the heads up TracerBullet36!

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bigbob @ 03/26/13 03:59 PM
Good thing we don't have a truck stick, or else the running back rule would probably get over-called.

# 2 tfctillidie @ 03/26/13 04:03 PM
So lets add new rules while the existing ones aren't there or are, but broken?

Why does Madden always add layers to the house without stabilizing it's foundation? How many times have they said that to us, "we need to rip out the old broken code and do it again...blah blah"

What's going to trigger this, truck sticking? Ugh.

# 3 cuttingteeth @ 03/26/13 04:16 PM
They could do nothing at all and say, "hey, we took out the tuck rule." And you could believe it.

My fear is helmet-to-helmet or helmet-anything rules/calls. I've seen helmets go through other helmets for years. I fear the biggest glitch ever.

# 4 WFColonel56 @ 03/26/13 04:25 PM

I am zipping my lips about this for risk of being banned LMAO...

# 5 DefiantRaindrop @ 03/26/13 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
I've seen helmets go through other helmets for years.
Personal foul, defense, decapitating and opponent. 15 yard penalty, repeat 1st down.

# 6 captain comeback @ 03/26/13 04:39 PM
yea this is horrible fix what is broke about the damn game first

# 7 CT Pitbull @ 03/26/13 04:39 PM
forget those NEW rules they are ridiculous anyways, remember this is a "video game". i wanna light a wr up across the middle when im controllong cam chancellor, i dont want a penalty. i wanna truck a cb in the third level of the defense when i bust into the secondary with adrien peterson, i dont want a 15 yard penalty.

the guys at EA are constantly doing this."THIS" being trying to implement new ideas and gameplay without fixing what they already have.

1- fix defensive and offensive PA
2- has anyone ever even seen an intentional grounding penalty in maddens recent history? there is a slider for it though
3-why is there no 5 yard illegal contact penalty?
4-why is there no defensive holding penalty?

there are plenty of other areas of NEED to be fixed in this game before they try and do what the NFL is trying to do in real life,which is make football into a soccer match..i want violent hits in this game and i wanna run people over because THAT is FOOTBALL

# 8 DirtyJerz32 @ 03/26/13 04:40 PM
Just a thought here. Why not make sure the penalties they already have in the game work correctly. Its great they want to add those new rule changes, but what does it mean if they don't work properly? When's the last time a pass interference was called?

# 9 Danbo80 @ 03/26/13 04:41 PM
I have a feeling the NFL is making them add these rule changes. Seeing as a lot of kids play madden. Teaching the kids how to play safe via video game.
Because Theres no way the spearing/crown of the helmet rule makes sense in a video game.
Because Violence sells. At least for some of the casuals(there core base).

# 10 BLACKjersey53 @ 03/26/13 04:55 PM
You can always turn penalties off, right? I mean, if you're into that sort of thing.

# 11 roadman @ 03/26/13 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I can't believe some of the stuff I am seeing posted ITT, I am critical of what Tiburon does when I feel it's appropriate but at this point, this is good news. I can't understand why it's a bad thing that Tiburon is trying to emulate the new NFL penalties in a NFL sim video game, that's supposed to be the point of this type of game. People posting about "it's a video game", no it's not just a video game, it's a NFL simulation video game and there is a difference. I am glad to see Tiburon seeming to take a focus to just try to copy what applicable things, like penalties, the NFL does into Madden and hopefully for the arcade crowd that wants to have their own XFL style fantasy experience, they include working sliders, settings and options.

To those stating "why focus on this and not something else" penalties have been flawed in Madden this entire gen and focusing on finally fixing them is not a waste or misappropriation of resources IF they can be fixed. This is NFL rules and penalties we are talking about, not Twitter additions or some other "icing" on the cake. The fundamental rules and penalties are essential for any sim sports video game to emulate their respective sport as well as possible and they have been lacking in next gen Madden far too long. Maybe some people just don't realize how crucial applicable NFL penalties and rule enforcement are to making it possible to have realistic game play parameters in a NFL sim video game but I hope this a sign that Tiburon finally does. Also take note that I stated "making it possible" because I don't want anyone forced to only play Madden with realistic parameters, I just want that option.
Exactly.

I've been harping on Def PI for years.

Maybe, just maybe, they might have tweaked the current penalty system so you don't have to be touchy feely with holding, facemask and clipping and crank up the PI sliders.

Options is a beautiful thing.

# 12 mestevo @ 03/26/13 05:37 PM
I expect it will be similar to 'Madden addressing concussions' of seasons past - with equal parts overreaction by fans and overstatement by the media of the effort being put forward to acknowledge the rule changes.

Just the time of the year that scraps of information like this get that kind of reception is all.

# 13 SilentYetViolent @ 03/26/13 05:54 PM
I'm all for a realistic approach in sports games but Madden needs to fix a lot of legacy issues before keeping up with current rules. Just my two cents.

# 14 SteelerSpartan @ 03/26/13 06:01 PM
Can't lie....part of me hopes the new crown of the helmet rule is a big a cluster**** to deal with in the game as it will be in real life. Some how I know this is going to result in even more awkward/ugly running animations and collisions....all in an effort to show "The Right Way"

Maybe I need to lighten up on Tiburon for always trying to change/create their own game of football rather then replicating the one by in large everybody has loved for years upon years......

because the NFL Owners/GODell seem even more hell bent on it

# 15 Allpro1414 @ 03/26/13 06:09 PM
Why do they do this every year,
"Hey we're putting in this stuff that nobody really cares about, get excited!"
"ooookay but what about the rest of the stuff that you never fix which ruin the experience and realism"(PENALTIES)
"Idk what you're talking about but hey look we are going to have a uniform rater in our fake twitter feed!"
"yea but the cpu NEVER changes their uni's EVER, so its just going to rate me probably"

# 16 roadman @ 03/26/13 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allpro1414
Why do they do this every year,
"Hey we're putting in this stuff that nobody really cares about, get excited!"
"ooookay but what about the rest of the stuff that you never fix which ruin the experience and realism"(PENALTIES)
"Idk what you're talking about but hey look we are going to have a uniform rater in our fake twitter feed!"
"yea but the cpu NEVER changes their uni's EVER, so its just going to rate me probably"
EA didn't market the uniform rater, Kotaku did and they received their information from the uniform rater.

As mesteveo mentioned above, it's all about who has the story out the fastest.

# 17 Nexgenrulz @ 03/26/13 06:21 PM
Soon the NFL will be the NFFL (National Flag Football League). This Commissioner is an absolute disaster. Another example of the wussification of America.

# 18 StL_RamZ @ 03/26/13 06:30 PM
Why is this news! It should be in the game regardless smh

# 19 DocHolliday @ 03/26/13 07:15 PM
I gotta say its funny that they are "working" on putting in the new rules, when madden is probably the worst of all the big sports games at actually implementing any penalties.

I mean, there is not even defensive holding in madden.

# 20 TreyIM2 @ 03/26/13 08:36 PM
Well, it;'s good to know that they are implementing this rule but I also take this as they WILL fix the other issues with penalties and lack there of. Just like they said that they are putting more real refs in the game, I felt like they must be putting emphases on penalties this year unlike any other especially now that they plan to put these new ones in.

I'm staying positive on the penalties front.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.