Home
WWE 2K14 News Post

According to WWE's EVP, Stephanie McMahon, The Rock will be featured on the cover of WWE 2K14.

No release date or specific consoles supporting the game have been announced yet. FYI: WWE 13 was released on October 30th, 2012.

In late February, 2K and WWE entered into an exclusive multi-year agreement granting 2K the exclusive worldwide rights to publish the WWE video game franchise across all major platforms and distribution channels. The series, which will continue to be developed by Yukes in Japan, will combine the studio’s gameplay with 2K’s commitment to authenticity in WWE ’14.

Game: WWE 2K14Hype Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
WWE 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 PVarck31 @ 04/12/13 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Cold345
I could care less who's on the cover. There are so many things wrong with WWE '13, especially the Universe Mode(which is where I spend most of my time). I get sick of all the work I have to do for it to actually make it somewhat interesting with cutscenes (let alone not using custom attires pretty much at all). Don't get me started on the 1-count glitch that for some reason never got patched for some bizarre reason. Seriously, WWE '13 has so much stuff there, but it felt rushed and wasn't Beta tested at all or not nearly enough (seriously, how could they not see the one-count glitch in the beta test, if there was one)

I don't expect much difference in terms of the game engine for a few years, until 2K really get their hands on it. I expect things like the menus and stuff to be changed up to the more 2K style and such, but not much in terms of gameplay mechanics. Hopefully, at E3, we will get to see something that resembles legitimate video of the game.
They didn't even admit the 1 count glitch existed until like January.

# 42 JODYE @ 04/12/13 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushx
I don't know why this is such a hard concept for you guys to understand. To me, having The Rock on the cover is a huge downgrade. I'm not saying it's a downgrade business-wise (because it's not). I'm saying it's a downgrade since I really can't stand The Rock and how the WWE is spotlighting everything on him. The far more talented guys in locker room that I would like to see on the cover such as Dolph Ziggler, The Shield, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Kofi Kingston, and among others.

I think it's a downgrade in terms of the focal point of WWE's brand. I'd much rather them focus on the young talent that is busting their *** everyday out of the year than on a part time guy that has been taking the spotlight away from the younger guys. I'd much rather see John Cena on the cover. At least you can turn on WWE programming and see him on it every week.

I'm not saying it's a downgrade for 2K or WWE. There's no factual basis for what I'm saying. To you, it could be an upgrade. To me it could be a downgrade. This isn't a complicated idea. I don't have to like the cover. I doubt everyone is going to like this year's NCAA Football cover. I doubt everyone is going to agree whether or not the cover athlete is an upgrade or downgrade. I don't think there's any factual basis to it unless you look purely at sales.

I think the real travesty here, is that this guy genuinely feels that the young talent he listed is far more talented than The Rock. You poor misguided soul.

# 43 TheShizNo1 @ 04/12/13 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
I think the real travesty here, is that this guy genuinely feels that the young talent he listed is far more talented than The Rock. You poor misguided soul.
Most of those guys are far more talented than The Rock. More popular? Hell no. But more talented? Absolutely.

# 44 JODYE @ 04/12/13 02:14 PM
Talent is more than being a good wrestler.

# 45 TheShizNo1 @ 04/12/13 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
Talent is more than being a good wrestler.
It's also more than being good on the mic/cutting promos.

Again, I'll say more people may recognize him on the cover than those guys you mentioned. But to say he's more talented is just false.

# 46 JODYE @ 04/12/13 02:37 PM
If you're implying that the Rock is not a good wrestler in his own right, then we'll just agree to disagree.

# 47 TheShizNo1 @ 04/12/13 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
If you're implying that the Rock is not a good wrestler in his own right, then we'll just agree to disagree.
Read my post man. I said I agree that most of those guys that were previously named were more talented than The Rock. I said nothing about specifics until you brought up wrestling.

And yes, almost all of those guys mentioned are better wrestlers. That's not even debatable if you watch wrestling.

The Rock will fill more arenas than those guys, sell more merchandise than them, and back in the Attitude era was more entertaining than those guys. But to say in 2013 he's more talented than those others guys is just false.

# 48 JODYE @ 04/12/13 03:44 PM
Never said he was a better wrestler, but he's not horrible either.

Are those other guys better wrestlers? Of course.

Quote:
The Rock will fill more arenas than those guys, sell more merchandise than them, and back in the Attitude era was more entertaining than those guys. But to say in 2013 he's more talented than those others guys is just false.
Doesn't doing these things require talent? This at the end of the day, is entertainment. The buck doesn't stop at the quality of wrestling he provides. Rock as a whole is still more talented as a whole than 99% of the WWE Roster.

# 49 Phreezy P @ 04/13/13 12:07 AM
You guys are ridiculous. What does the cover really have to do with anything? Like seriously? If you hate the Rock so damn much, just put a custom cover of your own, or off of a thread that will probably start up soon.

# 50 z Revis @ 04/14/13 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Last time I checked The Rock was an absolutely terrible wrestler. This is 2013,not 1999.
Yeah he's like The Great Khali bad.

Come on man..

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.