Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

We have posted 14 new screenshots from Madden NFL's debut in the EA Sports Ignite Trailer from the Microsoft Press Conference earlier today.

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 CubFan23 @ 05/29/13 08:58 AM
All this bickering over graphics is pointless unless the gameplay is improved. It's like owning a Ferrari with no engine, nice to look at but otherwise useless.

# 62 Nza @ 05/30/13 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I am pretty sure next-gen graphics will look way better than that, because console games are ported to PC, meaning that when the game gets to PC, its not even using all the graphical power of the PC because the game was made for consoles first and it's only so good it can look even when port to PC.
One of the reasons PC games just look better is because you have a high resolution (that shot is 1600x900, not even that high, but still better than 720p) in a much smaller screen size. Many more pixels in a smaller amount of screen will always produce sharper images in comparison.

Not even the next gen consoles can really address this. They'll still lack the clarity and crisp nature of PC games. So some elements of that image they won't look better than. They will allow for many more polygons in models, better lighting, better textures than the current consoles, however I tend to believe you can only do so much on a large TV screen running a relatively low resolution. Consoles game will probably mostly benefit on next gen from having a frame rate increase than anything else.

Console gaming is in a bit of a hard place with resolutions - not even high end PC gaming hardware with multiple GPUs can comfortably play everything at a 4K level resolution, and of course 4K TVs are not common right now anyway. It might be a long while before consoles can game at 4K as the leap is pretty huge from 720/1080p. In the mean time graphics will suffer a bit of a technical lull as the limits of how great something at 1080p can look is reached, however once 4K gaming is ready, it will be a pretty big deal.

# 63 kehlis @ 05/30/13 07:05 PM
And that's a computer image.

# 64 SageInfinite @ 05/30/13 07:32 PM
I'm just so ready to see a real screenshot it's killing me.

# 65 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/30/13 08:34 PM
Quote:
Yeah man, June 10th can't get here fast enough!!
Can't agree more. 10 days left until the big event of the gaming world. Which is E3. Ready to see some Madden news or video game footage for the current and next gen Madden25. Time is going slow right now.

# 66 PVarck31 @ 05/30/13 09:21 PM
Anyone else just really really nervous about seeing that first second of next-gen gameplay?

All of our football game hopes and dreams rest on that. lol

Either way, some are gonna praise it and some are gonna kill it.

# 67 SageInfinite @ 05/30/13 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Anyone else just really really nervous about seeing that first second of next-gen gameplay?

All of our football game hopes and dreams rest on that. lol

Either way, some are gonna praise it and some are gonna kill it.
I'm very nervous and excited. I just hope it isn't a Burger King repeat, lmao. I mean after this last generation so much is placed on this initial impression. It's like a first date with a hot girl after a bad relationship, Lol.

# 68 CT Pitbull @ 05/30/13 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't think I'm nervous, so much as just ready to get it over with. At this point Tiburon has given us everything but a reasonably complete NFL game so it's either finally we have that or more of the same.

It's like eating something that you used to really like, then somehow something about it changed where it wasn't good anymore, not terrible but not good like it used to be. Yet you still get it every now and again in the off chance that somehow it becomes good again. If it does, that would be a pleasant surprise but if doesn't, meh, it's been not good this long anyway, lol.
I agree here big FN. its either gone be YESSSS!!, "they GET it"...or its gonna be something that makes us all shake our head and ask..what is this and why?

# 69 michapop9 @ 05/30/13 10:45 PM
A little something talking about the possibilities and meaning of next gen hardware, not to get too off topic, but for those waiting for that first second of footage, this is a good article.

Heres the link to the whole article http://www.zero1gaming.com/2013/05/2...ing-gen-laugh/

heres a portion thats just a good read:

"The fact is that while games like Crysis 3 are graphical powerhouses, wonders of visual design on high-end systems, they’re still designed at a base level to work on all reasonable mainstream systems and the current generation of consoles. This means that, while they look prettier on high-spec PC units, the core game remains the same. What many forget is that graphical quality, in this situation, is really no more than window dressing; graphical eye candy creating the illusion of being a step above the rest, when in actuality the base game runs on the same limitations as all the rest do. It’s the equivalent of putting flashy rims and a new paint job on your car; it’s still the same car as it was before; same speed, handling and feels as before, it just looks a bit flashier. The same is true of games like Crysis 3 and Far-Cry 3; they have all the graphical bells and whistles but under the hood they’re current-gen through and through.
Where the next generation of gaming will prove its step up from today’s is in the behind the scenes aspects. The upgraded processor power, graphics engine and RAM will allow for the game to be doing much, much more in the background, allowing for more environmental and gameplay features. It’s hard to say exactly what, as games being developed now are unlikely to use this to its full potential; that takes time and practice. To use an example from the previous generation gap, Half-Life 2 demonstrated the progression from the old generation to the current with its previously unseen physics engine, which allowed a whole new way of designing and playing a game. While visually a treat, the real revolution there was in the background, contained within the upgraded grunt produced by the better hardware.

# 70 Nza @ 05/31/13 02:57 AM
Quote:
I rather sit on my sofa and play games on my large 60" plasma than be scrunched up playing games in a computer chair on a 20-27" screen, even if it's really high resolution.
I'm basically the opposite - I have fine vision, but I find games like Madden and NBA2K where I could spend more time in menus/stat screens etc than the actual 3D game to be awkward on TVs. But then I tend not to be "scrunched" up either - that sounds like you're doing it wrong.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.