Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has posted another Madden NFL 25 blog, written by Creative Director Mike Young, as he goes deeper into Connected Franchise. Here are a few bullet points. Some you may or may not already know about.
  • Import draft classes from NCAA Football 14 into Madden NFL 25
  • Offline 32-team Control
  • Control player or coach in the same Connected Franchise
  • Goal to allow players as much control over their Franchise as possible
  • start a league with a Fantasy Draft Before you start your Franchise (online/offline)
  • Refined user interface, reworked the trade interface and added a transaction log
  • Added the ability to change your players’ positions (For example, move DB to WR, DE to LB)
  • More legends added
Quote:
On the presentation side, we’ve got a lot of exciting additions for your Franchise experience. Darren Rovell, Paul Lukas, and Mike Clay are just a few of the new names in sports media that will bring added depth to the News Center. Commentators will also fill you in on standings, season stats, last week’s game and more. In addition, experience all-new branching Draft story lines brought to life by Trey Wingo AND Adam Schefter.
Source - Connected Franchise Deep Dive (EA Sports)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/13 05:54 PM
Quote:
Do you want to change the sock heights of every player in the league?Well now you can.
Unless of course you have striped socks. In all seriousness though, not much new here. New interface, new this, new that. They've been really vague with what they've been releasing. Finally figure out (kind of) what capacity Schefty has. Still want to see more about actual presentation in terms of in-game though.

# 2 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/13 05:58 PM
Nice to hear about draft storylines with Trey and Adam, hopefully he does in the game what he does in real life. Give you the latest scoop on who may be going where.

# 3 CarryTheWeight @ 05/23/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Commentators will also fill you in on standings, season stats, last week’s game and more.
This is what I like to hear, though how dynamic the commentary will be is what I'm most interested in.

Will it be "Rodgers threw for 3 touchdowns in his win against the Panthers last week"? Or will it be, "The quarterback was great last week against his opponents"?

And will current gen or next gen have the edge on what can be done with dynamic commentary? I'm looking to see how commentary will improve from last year. FIFA and NHL already do a decent job with dynamic lines (along with popular games from other publishers).

We'll see if Madden follows suit, along with if they'll place a greater emphasis on in-game broadcast overlays and supers (along the lines of what NCAA appears to be doing this year).

# 4 TryHard_Nation @ 05/23/13 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
This is what I like to hear, though how dynamic the commentary will be is what I'm most interested in.

Will it be "Rodgers threw for 3 touchdowns in his win against the Panthers last week"? Or will it be, "The quarterback was great last week against his opponents"?

And will current gen or next gen have the edge on what can be done with dynamic commentary? I'm looking to see how commentary will improve from last year. FIFA and NHL already do a decent job with dynamic lines (along with popular games from other publishers).

We'll see if Madden follows suit, along with if they'll place a greater emphasis on in-game broadcast overlays and supers (along the lines of what NCAA appears to be doing this year).
Curious about them saying commentators as opposed to specific names.

# 5 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/13 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
I don't get why they're not going more in-depth on stuff like this. I completely missed that line the first time I read through and that's something that I would think could deserve it's own entire blog. He mentions presentation but no mention of the new score banner, overlays or anything, I just don't get it.

# 6 jmurphy31 @ 05/23/13 06:14 PM
Nothing really new except the part about schefter. Just seems like they just repeated everything we already knew.

Also, didn't they say the same thing last year about the commentary reflecting your season.

# 7 Blazelore @ 05/23/13 06:19 PM
Those commentators are the only thing thats new. Everything else aside the new interface was already in Madden. Taken out then readded. All those things shouldn't even be bullet points, they should be side notes. Instead of import draft classes being added back it should be "we fixed the draft classes so they won't import so out whack!" I mean I was hoping to hear"Now you can watch players at the combine or invite undrafted FAs to training camp. Something like that would wow me but this is the reason its so hard to get excited. With franchise what's actually new???

# 8 jmurphy31 @ 05/23/13 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I don't get why they're not going more in-depth on stuff like this. I completely missed that line the first time I read through and that's something that I would think could deserve it's own entire blog. He mentions presentation but no mention of the new score banner, overlays or anything, I just don't get it.
I agree. Why can't they do a blog just saying how the commentary will be dynamic. Even give examples ( written or live would be adequate).

And to me dynamic isn't just mentioning my team is undefeated in the pregame. I would like to know how individual players are playing both in that game and in the season.

# 9 jpdavis82 @ 05/23/13 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
They have a presentation reveal coming soon, Rich Grisham said he'd have a podcast with mike young in the next week or so, so when that podcast comes out I'm sure they will release a blog and probably a video about presentation.

# 10 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/13 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They have a presentation reveal coming soon, Rich Grisham said he'd have a podcast with mike young in the next week or so, so when that podcast comes out I'm sure they will release a blog and probably a video about presentation.
Interesting. Looking forward to seeing that.

# 11 CarryTheWeight @ 05/23/13 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
And to me dynamic isn't just mentioning my team is undefeated in the pregame. I would like to know how individual players are playing both in that game and in the season.
Exactly this. Other games tend to go all out in this regard. As for an example from EA, FIFA updates you on how many goals a player has in the pre-game AND at key points involving that player, and it fluctuates from game to game so you won't hear the same banter in every match.

An example is in a game I had between PSG and Leon, where Martin Tyler commented on how Zlatan Ibrahimovic "has 19 goals in this campaign and almost scored another" after he missed the net on a corner, or how Swansea City's Michu (I kid you not) may "not score this many goals again" based on over-achievement beyond his player ratings.

As for "commentators" other than Jim and Phil, I honestly hope this "dynamic" content isn't only reserved for the Twitter feeds. If anything, it would seem like a re-hash of the Storyline Central feature from last-gen's Madden with more personalization instead of anything truly groundbreaking, innovative or industry-standard.

# 12 vito100 @ 05/23/13 07:05 PM
I wonder if they will still do the Branching Draft StoryLines with the Imported Draft Classes??? anyone know the answer to this

# 13 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/13 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito100
I wonder if they will still do the Branching Draft StoryLines with the Imported Draft Classes??? anyone know the answer to this
No storylines with imported classes.

# 14 Cowboy008 @ 05/23/13 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I can't wait for that I want to know what they did with the presentation this year.

# 15 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/23/13 07:23 PM
I like what I'm seeing so far with the new interface and everything. I'm looking forward to doing Owner mode this year. BTW if anyone notice. There was a few seconds of gameplay as well. It looked solid to me. But that is just me. Also it looks the LT is getting out there and blocking the RE very good as well. Also it looks like the RE is getting more a good pass rush as well. I know the that gameplay was only a few seconds. But it look pretty decent. Can't wait to see full gameplay video in a few weeks at E3.

# 16 infemous @ 05/23/13 07:29 PM
What is the point of a transaction log if it doesn't give you the details?

Oh Cincy just traded AJ Green to the Rams?? Thats great to know but how did the Rams swing that deal? What did they give up??

As a commissioner it is essential to be able to log these things, and for immersion as a single player it is also essential.

Hopefully then I'd be able to know why the Browns only have 2 draft choices in this draft and why the Giants have 10 (amongst other discrepancies I found when leaving the CPU to control 31 teams)

# 17 infemous @ 05/23/13 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I like what I'm seeing so far with the new interface and everything. I'm looking forward to doing Owner mode this year. BTW if anyone notice. There was a few seconds of gameplay as well. It looked solid to me. But that is just me. Also it looks the LT is getting out there and blocking the RE very good as well. Also it looks like the RE is getting more a good pass rush as well. I know the that gameplay was only a few seconds. But it look pretty decent. Can't wait to see full gameplay video in a few weeks at E3.

where did you see gameplay???

# 18 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/23/13 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
where did you see gameplay???
http://mymaddenpad.com/2013/05/23/an...anchise-video/ Starts at the 54 second mark.

# 19 aholbert32 @ 05/23/13 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I agree. Why can't they do a blog just saying how the commentary will be dynamic. Even give examples ( written or live would be adequate).

Does any sports game do that? The most ive seen is NBA 2k where they will say something like "Kobe had a great game last night" and a stat overlay will show what his stats from that game. Thats still plenty generic.

# 20 aholbert32 @ 05/23/13 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
What is the point of a transaction log if it doesn't give you the details?

Oh Cincy just traded AJ Green to the Rams?? Thats great to know but how did the Rams swing that deal? What did they give up??

As a commissioner it is essential to be able to log these things, and for immersion as a single player it is also essential.

Hopefully then I'd be able to know why the Browns only have 2 draft choices in this draft and why the Giants have 10 (amongst other discrepancies I found when leaving the CPU to control 31 teams)
Wouldnt the same log show that the Rams gave up lets say a 1st rounder to Cincy?

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.