Home
MotoGP 13 News Post

The MotoGP 13 demo will arrive on June 12th for PS3 and Xbox Live Gold users. Xbox Live Silver users will have to wait until June 16th.

Game: MotoGP 13Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS Vita / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 0 - View All
MotoGP 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Jordanfan23 @ 07/01/13 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xWillx11
Length: 35%
Session: Qualifying and Race
AI: Realistic
Bike Damage: Heavy (although no matter how hard i crash my bike is fine)
Tyre Wear: On
Technical Problems: AI and Player
Disciplinary Flags: on
Physics: Pro (turns off auto brakes joint brakes and steering help)
Tuck in: Manual
Trajectory: Off
Transmission: Manual
Rewinds: 0

I played SBK X a lot so I started playing with most of these settings and i completely reconfigured the controls on both games to be more comfortable
Thanks for sharing! After a season in each class I think I am going to turn off the trajectory as well. I remember racing on a few MotoGP games without it and all of the sudden, practice and qualifying became crucial to learn each track and memorize it before the race! Definitely adds a whole new aspect to the game!

Have you encountered any technical problems in a race yet with that setting on? Any AI technical problems?

# 42 Jordanfan23 @ 07/01/13 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiore
Big & Jordan,

What is the difference between Semi-pro & Pro physics? Should have the game today, waiting for UPS. GET HERE ALREADY!!!!
Hope your copy came, I know you've been excitedly waiting!

As far as Pro and Semi-Pro, as soon as you turn on the Pro setting, it blacks out Auto Brakes, Joint Brakes, and Steering Help. On Semi-Pro you can still adjust those, though I doubt many people use any of the settings I listed above. I switched One Button Brake off too because it is almost impossible to power slide with it on, as the front brake is dominant and the bike will lift up he back end when you brake too hard, which seems unrealistic anyhow.

It also says at Pro level the bike will react in a more realistic way and you will have to use all your skills to control it.I just switched to Pro and am gonna mess with the controller to find the most comfortable and effective spots for the brake buttons. I am also going to start running enough laps each race that Tire Wear comes into play.

OK, changes made and I'm about to play and see how much tougher it's going to be to control the bike after playing it on easier settings for a week!!!

# 43 xWillx11 @ 07/01/13 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanfan23
Have you encountered any technical problems in a race yet with that setting on? Any AI technical problems?
Not a single one for me or the computers, i think that is like the tire wear setting. For it to make a difference you to be at least 50% laps.

# 44 Jordanfan23 @ 07/01/13 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xWillx11
Not a single one for me or the computers, i think that is like the tire wear setting. For it to make a difference you to be at least 50% laps.
I could definitely see that being the case, good point! At some point, I am going to have to race a couple of full races and see the results as far as technical issues possibly arising, and tire wear being a major issue.

# 45 Jordanfan23 @ 07/01/13 09:50 PM
Ran a few laps on Pro and Carolina was right, having the brakes on separate buttons is definitely the way to go! Made braking and coming out of corners much more smooth and transitioning is way better out of turns!

# 46 Jordanfan23 @ 07/01/13 10:47 PM
Just ran a Career race in Moto 3 at Brno, 10 laps on Pro with the AI at medium and I won by 18.5 seconds! My back tire was definitely on its way to toasty time, there was barely any green left on the HUD. Track was wet and I wasn't power sliding too much, and the front tire was still fine. Tire wear would most definitely become a factor around the 15th lap I would think.

# 47 Jordanfan23 @ 07/02/13 02:03 AM
First off, the lack of online servers and players is disappointing to say the least. I know the time difference may be part of it, as it is almost 7am there right now but I don't see one server right now at 2am EST!!!! That is where the online portion will hurt US players and the decision not to release it here. Sorry, ONE just popped up lol! I don't really mind as the meat and potatoes to me is the Career mode anyhow, but racing other people and checking out the leader-boards is a big part of the game for some of us!

Which brings me to my next gripe, the lack of a hot lap game mode and the omission of leader-boards that keep track of laps for offline players also. I know a couple of the MotoGP games had this and I really miss it this year! It was really cool to be able to check the leader-boards to see where you stood on a certain track. And it was nice being able to download players set-ups right from the leader-board.

It's still a great racing game and I can't put it down, just wish the online portion had more to offer!!!!

# 48 BIG CAROLINA @ 07/02/13 08:26 AM
Quote:
First off, the lack of online servers and players is disappointing to say the least. I know the time difference may be part of it, as it is almost 7am there right now but I don't see one server right now at 2am EST!!!! That is where the online portion will hurt US players and the decision not to release it here. Sorry, ONE just popped up lol! I don't really mind as the meat and potatoes to me is the Career mode anyhow, but racing other people and checking out the leader-boards is a big part of the game for some of us!

Which brings me to my next gripe, the lack of a hot lap game mode and the omission of leader-boards that keep track of laps for offline players also. I know a couple of the MotoGP games had this and I really miss it this year! It was really cool to be able to check the leader-boards to see where you stood on a certain track. And it was nice being able to download players set-ups right from the leader-board.

It's still a great racing game and I can't put it down, just wish the online portion had more to offer!!!!
Yeah online is a mixed bag. The lag can be bad sometimes with other bikes jumping around a bit, but this is happening even to my riding buddies in the UK/EU and other parts of the world.

But once I start racing my bike is stable and I can race and it feels as if I am offline. Just the bikes around me sometimes jump up n down (but they stay in their lanes).

Thats why I try and play offline as much as possible. So by doing 100% races, full practice and Qualifying...it does more than enough to give me my fix.

I ride with the corner line on only in practice to learn where the braking points are (old eyes) and then I disable it for the Qual and race sessions.

Riding with the helmet cam I am definately sloooower....but I love the immersion....just hard to see what gear I am in... really have to rely on memory and the sound of the bike.

Well supposedly there is a PS3 patch coming down the pipe tomorrow to add Time Trial:

Scroll to the bottom

http://www.psu.com/a020004/MotoGP-13...g-racer?page=2

# 49 Steve_OS @ 07/02/13 03:11 PM
Quote:
Steve I know you said you are a former Street bike owner too! I finally sold mine last year after being too old and broke to be leaned over the front of it any more, so this is the closest I'll get to riding again! I am hoping to play a lot online too, let's just hope there is enough interest!
Yup, no more bike for me. Pretty much the same excuse, LOL. Just thinking if I should get it for PC or PS3...

# 50 TCrouch @ 07/02/13 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Yup, no more bike for me. Pretty much the same excuse, LOL. Just thinking if I should get it for PC or PS3...
PC, obviously. Otherwise I can't smoke you like old times!!

# 51 ROABS @ 07/02/13 04:14 PM
i ended up picking this up on the pc. after messing with the demo for a bit and reading the positive posts from you guys i cant wait til its downloaded.

# 52 Steve_OS @ 07/02/13 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
PC, obviously. Otherwise I can't smoke you like old times!!
Oh god... Don't remind me!! hahaha.

# 53 Jordanfan23 @ 07/02/13 04:41 PM
That's great news!! Thanks for the update, I am loving this game more and more every time I play it! This update will make it perfect!

# 54 Jordanfan23 @ 07/02/13 07:51 PM
If you are buying it to play online as well as Career, I'd have to recommend the PC version because I would think there are a lot more servers and players online. But you know a bunch of us in this thread have it for PS3 so you'd have people to race online from here too!

As far as the game itself, once this update is out and there is a Time Trial mode, for me at least, it will be the best MotoGP game to date!

On a side note, how about my boy Valentino Rossi getting his first win in 3 years last Saturday?!?!

# 55 xWillx11 @ 07/03/13 03:26 AM
Moved the race distance up to 50% and the next race i had my first technical problem in round 2 of my Moto2 season, Had a 7 sec lead on lap 7/10 when it just died.

# 56 BIG CAROLINA @ 07/03/13 09:18 AM
Didn't get a patch update but.... The missing MOTO 2 and 3 riders are available to download for free. 287 MB...... Also there is a season pass that you can buy that gives you the Redbull rookie series.

# 57 Jordanfan23 @ 07/03/13 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
Didn't get a patch update but.... The missing MOTO 2 and 3 riders are available to download for free. 287 MB...... Also there is a season pass that you can buy that gives you the Redbull rookie series.
I like the DLC they are putting out because it shows that they care, but I really want my Time Trial!!!

# 58 cfiore @ 07/03/13 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
Where do you download the missing Moto 2 & 3 riders? Do you have to download from the UK playstation store? I saw the season pass on the uk playstation store? Do I need to play using my uk psn account?

Thanks!!!

# 59 Jordanfan23 @ 07/03/13 10:09 PM
I've been looking for a decent MotoGP 13 message board and forgot all about Xbox Live Addicts, saw a couple of you posting over there, and they are always a good source for these games! From what I read, I'm happy I have the PS3 version, as the Xbox 360 one seems to be a train wreck!

I haven't fired up the game yet today so I don't know if the update is for the console versions or the PC only.

# 60 ROABS @ 07/04/13 08:05 AM
For those with the steam pc version, the free moto 2 and 3 riders and team dlc is up now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.