Home
NHL 14 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
NHL 14 Enforcer Engine Gameplay Trailer. Delivered in an action-packed 3rd-person presentation and powered by Fight Night Technology, the all-new Enforcer Engine offers the most authentic and exhilarating hockey fighting experience ever. NHL 14 will release September 10, 2013 in North America and by September 13 worldwide.

EA Sports has also posted their NHL 14 Developer Diary focusing on the Enforcer Engine, going over the all-new third person presentation, user-controlled post-fight celebrations, real-fight damage and more.

Game: NHL 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
NHL 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Tonic @ 06/05/13 04:42 PM
This looks really cool and I'm really excited about this feature! I remember back in 09 or 10 when they added after the whistle stuff, and seem to have taken it out for the most part (by shortening the time after the whistle). I thought it was a really cool idea but never implemented properly (i.e. players in the NHL don't just pair off and cross check each other back and fourth all the time). Now, it looks like it will be implemented properly! Yay!

I also hope that if there isn't a fighter on the ice to stand up for a teammate and I make a line change, someone coming on the will stand up for him (or at a later time). Excited to see more of this

# 22 ch46647 @ 06/05/13 05:19 PM
In an on-line VS game, does this have to be manually triggered? Or is it still triggered by the AI?

Also, is it still possible to manually trigger a fight? Or is it all situation based now?

They did an excellent job with this.

# 23 Manziocity @ 06/05/13 05:30 PM
Wow, fighting now looks amazing. I just hope they get the penalty minutes right. In the video, Coburn should get 5 for fighting and 2 for instigating. And if this was under 5 minutes in the 3rd it should be 2, 5, and 10.

# 24 metovics8 @ 06/05/13 05:41 PM
looks great and i'm ssure there are sliders to tune it down or up... but can we get a new scorebug? lol it annoys me for some reason

# 25 Ninjoid @ 06/05/13 08:01 PM
Hopefully, (now that they say the AI will instigate) that for the first time since the old PS1 days we will now see fights in cpu v cpu matches.

# 26 canucksss @ 06/05/13 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Fighting is the least important thing to me. work on the other stuff.
same boat as you....but lets give credit to where its due. Finally the fighting in NHL is addressed, I mean at least the teammates and the refs are there....no "walkout" during the fights.

But yea....I dont know the exact percentage of how many fights occur in a season for one team. I dont want to see fights every other games or every 2 games.

# 27 mynutees @ 06/06/13 12:19 AM
oh god...sure this looks cool. This series is plagued by big hits or no hits at all..if all these big hits result in an automatic cpu>user initiated fight club games are going to last an hour instead of 30m.

i hope they focus on how terrible the AI is in this game. Good lord just fix the AI and this game would be amazing.

# 28 m-dogg @ 06/06/13 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo14
I believed the realism of the Enforcer Engine until and after 0:35. Seeing Matt Cooke drop the gloves. No way!
You'll have to wait until next year for the Cheap-Shot-Artist-then-Turtle-when-Lucic-Challenges-You Engine.

# 29 Fiddy @ 06/06/13 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
You'll have to wait until next year for the Cheap-Shot-Artist-then-Turtle-when-Lucic-Challenges-You Engine.
then just insert Marchand for Cooke as well the following year? lol.

good to see the NHL team going back to 2004 type fighting.. then adding the scrums on the sides as well. but yeah, this is a new 3rd person fighting view. lol

# 30 Mongo14 @ 06/06/13 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
It would be great though if they added and Agitator Engine too, since these are more apparant in the NHL than Enforcers. An option after whistle to shove or talk trash to a player. Also adding presentation cut scenes with players yapping at each other from across the bench/Penalty Box

# 31 enice128 @ 06/06/13 08:39 PM
Looks AMAZING finally but hopefully like some other posters mentioned it doesnt take over the game & every hit turns into aright....a game will take forever LOL! They also really need to get rid of goalie fights which rarely ever happen in real life. I'm sure a slider can take care of all this like we have now....even though now the fights do look exciting!

# 32 havoc00 @ 06/06/13 08:48 PM
looks great

# 33 The Visualizer @ 06/08/13 12:18 AM
Noticed the wording in the Dev Diary said "officials" would be live during the fight. Are we finally getting a full officiating crew?

# 34 letsgopens66 @ 06/08/13 09:14 PM
I definitely like this. In previous renditions the game was really lacking the intensity when it comes to rivalries.

Now if they can fix the absolutely awful AI, they will have my attention.

# 35 Eddie1967 @ 06/09/13 11:04 PM
I am not a fan of the EA hockey series but this new fight engine looks awesome.

# 36 Schmackity @ 06/10/13 08:15 AM
Fighting does not make or break hockey, I just hate how they're focusing so much on these dumb aspects of the game when there are so many other glaring problems with the AI, glitch goals, etc (Not including game faces, incorrect colors, or other not-as-important materials in this)

# 37 Splitter77 @ 06/10/13 09:01 AM
looks great.
anyone know if multiple fights can go on at once???

# 38 niebs79 @ 06/11/13 10:13 PM
glad to see they finally made changes here! The unchanged 1st person fighting where all players seemingly vanished off the ice at the push of the 'Y' button and have finally integrated a real style of fighting is great. Can't wait for enforcers and tough guys to ACTUALLY make a difference in the game

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.