Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the latest NCAA Football 14 video featuring Army vs. Navy.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 OmahaKnights @ 06/16/13 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCB21
Show the "read" and "pitch" man is kinda noobish but I like it
Agreed. That's something that belongs in practice mode, not in game mode. Hopefully they let you turn it off.

That said, I like what they've done with the option, but seeing them running it out of a hurry-up offense is pretty painful.

I'm hoping Navy's QB playing pitch and catch in that first drive isn't a sign of things to come. I expect some overthrows, underthrows, and drops from option teams. I already have a copy of NFL Blitz, I don't need NCAA Blitz.

# 82 jello1717 @ 06/16/13 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamantic
I think that only shows up on Freshman and Varsity difficulty setting.
This
footage
is
on
All
American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I asked Steve and he verified that the game was indeed on All American difficulty.

# 83 ch46647 @ 06/16/13 03:00 PM
This... Game..... Looks... Amazing!!

I have been on this site for 8 years and I have not seen something this impressive with football gaming since I have been here. It is almost surreal that NCAA 14 looks this much different from NCAA 13 from a gameplay perspective.

It really makes me believe that this coordinator-cam. (Panned slightly back, and tilted up) is what is making a ton of the difference. Dont get me wrong, EA has clearly put a ton of work into cleaning up a lot of gameplay issues. But it seems almost impossible that they could make the animations, and overall gameplay this much smoother in one year.

I am beginning to believe that this new camera may in fact be the game changer. Maybe, EA games just dont look as good zoomed close, and this camera angle really alleviates alot of the wonky animations that have plagued this generation since 06'.

I posted something similar to this in the Madden forums, and I think the developers need to take a serious look to get this added into Madden 25 as well. At the very least, for next-gen.

# 84 ncaafootball14markus @ 06/16/13 04:13 PM
they shoulda had this camera view a long time ago to hide some of the ugliness of the animations lol. i've actually wanted this sort of camera view for years and i'm so happy they finalllllllyyy added this. i enjoy watching smaller players for some reason...can't stand close ups of plays, especially when animations don't look that great. plus u get to see the entire field. i love it.

# 85 jello1717 @ 06/16/13 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamantic
Maybe this isn't final build.
It probably isn't but its definitely a newer build than any of the game changers have seen (from whom we've gotten the info about the indicators only being in FR and varsity).

# 86 linebacker4life @ 06/16/13 06:44 PM
I'm not seeing it. Can someone please tell me if the midline option is running right?

# 87 CT Pitbull @ 06/16/13 08:40 PM
cant wait to try this camera in person because man it looks tight..as does the zoom camera

# 88 rdfowler @ 06/16/13 09:34 PM
Quote:
This
footage
is
on
All
American.
yeah but the pitch and read is only visible preplay not during the play where as on varsity the icons show during the play

# 89 GoDucks1224 @ 06/16/13 11:37 PM
Georgia Tech dynasty here I come! It's about time.

# 90 Raven Nation42 @ 06/17/13 02:39 PM
The run blocking and full use of a team specific playbook by an option team is the best I've seen since last gen. I loved the gang tackling and physics (ex. back runs into back of G or Tackle on blowup play by Navy resulting in fumble). Also like the lil things like players congratulating their teammate in endzone, the play review and reversal of the touchdown taken off the board for Navy. Looking forward to tomorrow's demo

# 91 Sausage @ 06/17/13 11:10 PM
Quote:
My biggest fear is that the CPU will run the option well and there will be an uproar from the casual guys because they keep losing to GT and pressure EA into toning the option game down.
Same here, I worry about this with EAs track

# 92 jj06 @ 06/18/13 01:29 AM
cant wait to start my Navy dynasty..

# 93 TheBinnzer @ 06/18/13 09:42 AM
Love the option stuff going on here
AND

Its really funny that everyone talks about this camera angle like its something NEW.

It was in NCAA 2003.. yes its a ten year old feature that has been brought back (it was called overhead camera back then, but it was really just elevated and pulled back like this one), and I will love it..

Because you can actually read the leverage of the corners pre snap.. and SEE all of your receivers pre snap without looking at play art.

now if we could just get fight songs for menu music..

# 94 Slaticus @ 06/18/13 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj06
cant wait to start my Navy dynasty..
Much as I love and respect the academies, I cannot do a dynasty with them. I have to use too many house rules to make it realistic. I will, however, use the flex/wing/wishbone in at least one dynasty this year.

# 95 NDIrish98 @ 06/18/13 01:54 PM
LOVE that camera angle...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.