Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

The achievement list teased the announcement earlier, but 2K Sports has now confirmed NBA 2K14 will feature Crew Mode. As Shade8780 points out, it looks like it could be current-gen only, at the very least we won't know about its status on next-gen just yet.

Quote:
For those asking, yes full court 5v5. Community Team up guys were playing a 3v3 halfcourt game. CREWS 3v3 or 5v5 at this time.
(via @LD2K)

Quote:
Crews feature 3v3 half court or 5v5 full court with name/logo customization & leaderboards.
(via @Ronnie2K)

More news coming soon, what are your thoughts?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Jrocc23 @ 08/14/13 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Agreed. Why can't 2K just bring back what Crew was in 2K11, no changes! Don't say because of hackers, that's bs.
Right. I mean, it's definitely an improvement because of the 5v5, but it's just not the same not being in a arena, w/ commentary and fans, refs etc. Just takes away the realism. Never got so happy and then disappointed so fast. Wish I had a good gif for my facial expression.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

# 42 astrofan1235 @ 08/14/13 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Right. I mean, it's definitely an improvement because of the 5v5, but it's just not the same not being in a arena, w/ commentary and fans, refs etc. Just takes away the realism. Never got so happy and then disappointed so fast. Wish I had a good gif for my facial expression.

you mean like this

# 43 MarvinOida @ 08/14/13 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Agreed. Why can't 2K just bring back what Crew was in 2K11, no changes! Don't say because of hackers, that's bs.
Cause that was built off a different Internet internal structure. You can't simply "port" what 2K11 has in 2K14. That breaks some areas in the code.

Tap Tap Taptalking away on my iPhone

# 44 MrBigShot1 @ 08/14/13 03:34 PM
So...this looks like 2k13 online blacktop with 5v5 as an option and leader boards. And it isn't for next gen consoles...the appeal of crew imo is to have legitimate jerseys, on a real court, with real commentary, and playing a full 4 quarter game.

I hope 2k has some big surprises in store. My hype level for this game is almost non existent right now.

# 45 2ksportsnut @ 08/14/13 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
The achievements teased the announcement earlier, but 2K Sports has now confirmed NBA 2K14 will feature Crew Mode.

More news coming soon, what are your thoughts?
I loved crew mode back in 2k11. But this looks nothing like that. All this looks like is an expanded blacktop mode. In 2k11 it was more like an expanded team-up mode with real teams, real arenas, playing full court, 5vs5 with real NBA players and that you could use if your myplayer wasn't good yet, you could select your starting 5 players, it was more realistic.

I am extremely disappointed by what I see in that video. This is not crew mode this is simply an expanded blacktop mode with a leaderboard. Blacktop is boring to me. I was expecting at least the same level of quality of 2k11 crew mode after all of these years. I'm sorry to say this but this looks like garbage.

# 46 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 08/14/13 03:35 PM
Current gen only? Well looks like no crew for me

# 47 Jrocc23 @ 08/14/13 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrofan1235
you mean like this
Yes. Exactly. Except, with my hand, I was holding up #1 smh.

# 48 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/14/13 03:38 PM
I never played crew in 2k11 . So what's the difference in this and 2k13 Blacktop online?

# 49 Tomb Of God @ 08/14/13 03:38 PM
Some of you too quick to be disappointed. We don't even know ANY details yet other than there is an option to play 3v3 or 5v5. You think KSpade smiling like that the whole video if 2K showed him Blacktop mode with leaderboards? Nah...

# 50 MarvinOida @ 08/14/13 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
I never played crew in 2k11 . So what's the difference in this and 2k13 Blacktop online?
Fatigue, and whatever is improved in gameplay.

# 51 Matayeus @ 08/14/13 03:40 PM
I was happy until I watched that video . I'm glad it's back , but it sure does look like 2k is gonna screw it up . Black top is lame and isn't "NBA" basketball at all to me . Maybe if you had to build your team from a blacktop court to a full fledged arena that would be amazing , but that's not what I'm thinking is gonna happen here

# 52 infam0us @ 08/14/13 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrofan1235
you mean like this
ROFL

I'm sure there were so many people talking with their boys getting their crews ready. Whose gonna run point, and who is gonna do this and that.

I was skeptical about crew so I cant say I'm really disappointed.

# 53 iimrampage28 @ 08/14/13 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541

2k11 crew was inside an actual arena, you could play with created players in custom jerseys and have an NBA team as the CPU to fill in for the amount of players you lacked. It did have hacks but I'd trade 2k13 blacktop for 2k11 crew any day of the week.

2k13 blacktop just sucked. No defense, people exploiting euro-step shots and drifters. Only goes to 21 points and half court.

# 54 redsfan4life @ 08/14/13 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Of God
Some of you too quick to be disappointed. We don't even know ANY details yet other than there is an option to play 3v3 or 5v5. You think KSpade smiling like that the whole video if 2K showed him Blacktop mode with leaderboards? Nah...
If he wants to come back to one of these community events then yes, he will be smiling and doing whas 2k says.

Throw me in the disappointed crowd. Just seems like a half baked effort to me so far. Not impressed.

# 55 iClutch @ 08/14/13 03:45 PM
YouTubers are straight cheddary, stinky ripe cheese.

# 56 MarvinOida @ 08/14/13 03:51 PM
Y'all should probably stop complaining cause:

-Its early
-You still don't know anything
-You expect too much
-More news today
-Whats better? 2K13 Blacktop or 2K14 Crew where in its core, exactly like 2K11 Crew, seriously, complaints are all about the looks vs the gameplay, which is more important

# 57 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/14/13 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iimrampage28
2k11 crew was inside an actual arena, you could play with created players in custom jerseys and have an NBA team as the CPU to fill in for the amount of players you lacked. It did have hacks but I'd trade 2k13 blacktop for 2k11 crew any day of the week.

2k13 blacktop just sucked. No defense, people exploiting euro-step shots and drifters. Only goes to 21 points and half court.
Oh dang I didn't know that. Maybe 2k has more about crew?

# 58 MrBigShot1 @ 08/14/13 03:53 PM
Did the fire the entire marketing department or something? Ever since the E3 trailer, which btw looked fantastic, everything has gone downhill. With holding the impressions of the community team up guys, terrible. Then allowing them to release a video each, some 8-10 mins long explaining one feature which can be summed up in one sentence: The ability to block dunks is back, with the ability to do so at 3 different moments.

Then this cryptic marketing to announce 5v5 blacktop with leader boards?....

They need to release something innovative and promising to get the ship back on course at this point. If they come out and announce a re hauled MyCareer with the ability to use your face in-game, integrate more real-life elements like paying for houses, cars, getting a contract with money instead of VC, and revamp the entire creation system that would do it for me. What I BELIEVE they will announce is a LeBron mode similar to MJ's in 2k10, where you relive some of LeBron's greatest games.

# 59 green225 @ 08/14/13 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23

do we know 5 on 5 won't be played in arenas? because then i agree with you, it's not crew. man i wish they could just port 2k11's crew to 2k14. that was perfection

# 60 BEasy20 @ 08/14/13 03:56 PM
Having it played on blacktop doesnt really bother me unless its only to 21 points. If its a full 4 quarter game I have no problem playing it without an arena. But the video just looked to have the score no time

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.