Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

The achievement list teased the announcement earlier, but 2K Sports has now confirmed NBA 2K14 will feature Crew Mode. As Shade8780 points out, it looks like it could be current-gen only, at the very least we won't know about its status on next-gen just yet.

Quote:
For those asking, yes full court 5v5. Community Team up guys were playing a 3v3 halfcourt game. CREWS 3v3 or 5v5 at this time.
(via @LD2K)

Quote:
Crews feature 3v3 half court or 5v5 full court with name/logo customization & leaderboards.
(via @Ronnie2K)

More news coming soon, what are your thoughts?

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 641 Jrocc23 @ 09/24/13 02:58 PM
Spoiler

It's not like we are dissing you because you do a lot of iso moves, just attack the rim only or whatever. You have been hacking the game since 2K10! It's like you hackers are slow or something. I just don't see how y'all could beat some regular players and think y'all are so nice when y'all got all types of unfair advantages. I wish it was still the 2K11 days because I would challenge you to a regular game Hall of Fame lobby game and smash you. That's how you can really tell whose nice and I would be able to see how you play without tendency hacks, being uncapped etc. I can tell you know how to play the game, but you aren't as nice as you think you are man. I just wish I could see how you played without all those hacks lol. What was your full "career" stat line again? I am sure mines is challenging that and I was a 6' PG capped and everything.

Spoiler

Because most of y'all are not. You guys are hacked and it gives y'all a BIG advantage. If y'all are so much better than other people, then why do y'all hack in the first place? My team had no hacks what so ever and still was top 30 (because we started our squad way late) and didn't play by lagging people out etc. We played within the rules. Yeah, we ran zone and we took charges. Stuff that could be easily avoidable. We didn't hopstep or spin dunk and was still dope.

# 642 bottledwaterfan25 @ 09/24/13 03:15 PM
All this arguing is hurting my head. What do you gents think is the chance we see the REAL crew mode, they way we actually want it in next gen 2k14? I really think it's just a pipe dream at this point. I'm not very optimistic that it will be in an arena, with actual rules, fouls, refs, and actual computer controlled NBA players. I feel like 2k showed their hand with this "crews" blacktop 2.0 mode for current gen. Idk, I could be wrong, maybe we'll get a legitimate crew mode by the time next gen drops; but the way they set up "crews" for C.G. seems like a new philosophy on how they think that crew mode should be set up and played, rather than just a quick add in for current gen. Thoughts?

# 643 iimrampage28 @ 09/24/13 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
you would think that with all the novels banned from the leaderboards has typed up, he'd be able to at least convert one person to his way of thinking, hasn't happened yet though. i give him credit for cutting all these heel promos though. the wait for next gen begins... better have crew.
Lmao at the heel promo part....he thinks he's cm punk for sure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

# 644 GradyMac @ 09/24/13 05:01 PM
It's pretty simple, leaderboards hacked...

That's not really the issue though,because a lot of guys hacked. But those other guys aren't holding on to two year old hacked stats and claiming elite status.

I just find that very amusing.

# 645 green225 @ 09/24/13 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iimrampage28
Lmao at the heel promo part....he thinks he's cm punk for sure

he's more like a curtis axel.

# 646 green225 @ 09/24/13 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrleaderboards
you guys truly do entertain me....but you lost site of what this thread was a long time ago. Lets get back to whats important...

What will everyone be playing as? Point guards,shooting guards, small forwards, power forwards, or centers for their respective crews?
as far as i'm concerned, crew isn't in 2k14 unless we hear it is on next gen. i got my ps3 on ebay, nobody biting yet though.

# 647 Rensational14 @ 09/27/13 09:55 AM
Can someone tell me why in 2k11 Crew games players used to use the Wizards as teammates?

# 648 green225 @ 09/27/13 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rensational14
Can someone tell me why in 2k11 Crew games players used to use the Wizards as teammates?
because they'd have javale mcgee at center on d. nobody(who was any good at least) actually passed to the computer on offense.

# 649 iimrampage28 @ 09/27/13 11:33 AM
Quote:
Because Javale McGee was a ball hawking defender in crew land

# 650 Jrocc23 @ 09/27/13 06:52 PM
Quote:
People mostly used players that had a high block rating because it triggered more block animations. He was a beast for me, but sometimes he did a lot of dumb stuff, just like the real McGee lol. My Crew ran w/ him majority of the time.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

# 651 Matayeus @ 09/29/13 07:51 PM
Haven't seen 1 positive thing said about blacktop /"crew" mode yet.
Only thing I'm hearing is no nba rules , 99 players already, and 6 7 pgs just camping under the rim for dunks ( no 3 in the key) . Great job 2k

# 652 HowDareI @ 09/29/13 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matayeus
Haven't seen 1 positive thing said about blacktop /"crew" mode yet.
Only thing I'm hearing is no nba rules , 99 players already, and 6 7 pgs just camping under the rim for dunks ( no 3 in the key) . Great job 2k
Watched a video and saw dudes with stars already, not a foul called all game..

oh and just confirmed by someone with the game that there's no 5v5 pickup games so it looks like we HAVE to have 5 people online to play Crew games.

Disappointed to the max.

# 653 wisdom @ 09/29/13 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
Good!! No CPU bs
yeah and no one can play this **** ~what a good news

# 654 wisdom @ 09/29/13 10:05 PM
Quote:
find some dudes who play blacktop. not that hard
I mean 3 on 3 is fine , But who want to play a no rule 5 on 5 full court game dude

# 655 Jrocc23 @ 09/29/13 11:45 PM
Smh at this "Crews". Hopefully, 2K14 next-gen will have the Crew Mode most people wanted. After the bashing of the current-gen "Crews Mode", it seems like 2K would get it right, but not to sure knowing how 2K has done Crew fans in the past.

# 656 wisdom @ 09/29/13 11:54 PM
Quote:
<--- this guy

the old crew video had fouls, so assuming they're still in the game.
really ? if there have rule than i would try to find two more guys to play 5 on 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Smh at this "Crews". Hopefully, 2K14 next-gen will have the Crew Mode most people wanted. After the bashing of the current-gen "Crews Mode", it seems like 2K would get it right, but not to sure knowing how 2K has done Crew fans in the past.

i doubt that will happen in 2k15 not 2k14 nc,dude

# 657 HowDareI @ 09/30/13 12:26 AM
There's no "rules", 3 seconds aren't called and reach-ins aren't really called either...I doubt they'd call a lot of shooting fouls too..

Like it's been said, it's glorified blacktop.

And I doubt you played 2k11 crew if you say "computer bs", computers sucked, they're just there so it's a 5v5 game.

I'd rather play with people I know instead of having to recruit random people just to play this fake crew.

# 658 MarvinOida @ 09/30/13 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
There's no "rules", 3 seconds aren't called and reach-ins aren't really called either...I doubt they'd call a lot of shooting fouls too..

Like it's been said, it's glorified blacktop.

And I doubt you played 2k11 crew if you say "computer bs", computers sucked, they're just there so it's a 5v5 game.

I'd rather play with people I know instead of having to recruit random people just to play this fake crew.
That footage was myPlayer Blacktop, "different from Crew," as you would see it's like 2K13's Blacktop.

This "2K14 Crew" would have you just grab your friends together and play 3v3 and 5v5 and you know the street rules of the game.

You'll be surprised how many guys from 2K13 and 2K12 (2K11 i was PC/rolled with a friend part time) asked me to be in their Team Up, Blacktop, Quick Game Match Up rotations cause I beat them in that mode. I'm not the best, but if you earn the guys respect, they earn your respect, and you as a team can dominate, then yeah, I have no problem recruiting.

CPU is a "ehh..." because a lot of dudes just exploit right past them.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C.

# 659 wisdom @ 09/30/13 03:03 AM
Quote:
pretty sure 2k13 offline blacktop 5on5 rules = 2k14 crew rules. there are fouls, just at a less common rate. yeah I played 2k11 crew and the CPU was annoying. 1-3-1 zone with Dwight Howard all day. Basketball = 5on5 humans. That's not 2k, that's the rules of basketball. Blame basketball. But anyway, yeah I've said all I've wanted to about this in past posts on this thread. At the end of the day, I think this will still be a fun mode for us to play....and it's not better than 2k11 (actually, having no cheaters is a lot better), but it's better than 2k13 blacktop.
better than nothing............ 2k11 crew and the CPU was annoying.<--It can be adjust. e.g. you can able to select nba playbook but no nba player in game/simply take out the zone defense control let ppl run the defense manully~however i don't think 2k dev would take their (fxxking) time to make things well

# 660 Jrocc23 @ 09/30/13 06:33 AM
Quote:
yeah I played 2k11 crew and the CPU was annoying. 1-3-1 zone with Dwight Howard all day.
I don't know how good you were, but the CPU usually was terrible and bad at playing the zone most of the time. And Dwight wasn't even really good on defense, to me. What did he do? Block your shots a lot? I could see if you said Yao Ming. But the CPU wasn't nothing forreal, the only time they could be annoying is when they played man and they was semi psychic w/ on-ball D.

Quote:
Basketball = 5on5 humans. That's not 2k, that's the rules of basketball. Blame basketball.
This just doesn't make any sense to me lol. So, when you play MP Mode, ranked or anything else w/ the CPU, it's not basketball and you're breaking the rules? The rules of basketball in real life says it's supposed to be 5v5 human players? Like you could play w/ aliens or CPUs IRL.

You also make my point, it's not official basketball w/o 10 players on the court. No problem w/ the CPU playing as other players, as long as it's 10 players on the court, it's realistic. Not some 3v3 half court. That's pickup basketball.

Quote:
At the end of the day, I think this will still be a fun mode for us to play....and it's not better than 2k11 (actually, having no cheaters is a lot better), but it's better than 2k13 blacktop.
This is about the only thing we can agree on. I am sure it will be a lot of fun for a lot of people. I am pretty sure I will play it a couple of times, but won't be playing it all the time like I did w/ 2K11 Crew. It's definitely seems like it will be better than 2K13's blacktop though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.