Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

(Images courtesy of OS members The Next Big Thing & mestevo)

Andrew Johnson, EA Sports Community Manager for Madden NFL 25 has stated via Twitter, that a fix for the vanishing players users are seeing in the demo (mostly PS3 users) is in Title Update #1. It is scheduled to release when the game arrives in stores on August 27th.

We are trying to confirm whether or not Season Ticket subscribers will get the patch before that date. If we get any other additional patch details today, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: Andrew just confirmed the title update will be available for Season Ticket subscribers.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 KBLover @ 08/15/13 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplenuts
You have just GOT to love this day and age of video games (well mostly Ea Sports games).

Before the game has even COME OUT......there are ridiculous things going on with it.....LOL
Tell me about it.

Back in the day, a "day 1" or "day 0" patch would be unheard off. That would be a delayed release date.

Shipping games out with known issues...only in modern gaming. No wonder I feeling like giving up the hobby or just playing old games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakeemDaDream
What difference does it make if the bug is being fixed with a patch? Your logic is equivalent to complaining that your burger was under-cooked at a restaurant after it was just replaced with a cooked one.
Because it shouldn't have been undercooked in the first place.

Why is the kitchen sending out undercooked food? Why is it sending out food that it KNOWS is undercooked?

It wouldn't fly in a restaurant if it sent out undercooked food to everyone who came in on Aug 27.

If I owned that restaurant, I'd fire the kitchen staff. Knowingly sending out undercooked food is just completely wrong on all levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
assisted tackles not working
This is still a thing?

Why? They STILL haven't figured out how to do assists in "I.E. 2.0"?

Why not, everyone who tackles the ball carrier gets an assist? I've seen CLEAR instances of assists in M13 (the same ones that would have triggered it in M12). If I can see it, I'm sure they can too...

# 22 ABR173rd @ 08/15/13 11:22 AM
WOW- So you what you're saying is EA is actually going to ship this game with vanishing players???? EA should get an award for being able to year in and year out set the bar lower. It is unfathomable as to how this demo-let alone the actual game- made it through Q.A.Q.C....

# 23 GisherJohn24 @ 08/15/13 11:22 AM
My quesiton is this. Why would they release a demo with that kind of glaring issue? And I don't wanna hear that nobody knew about it at EA before letting it out for download. Someone should be fired over that ****. That can hurt sales IMO. Wouldn't ya think?

# 24 KBLover @ 08/15/13 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
My quesiton is this. Why would they release a demo with that kind of glaring issue? And I don't wanna hear that nobody knew about it at EA before letting it out for download. Someone should be fired over that ****. That can hurt sales IMO. Wouldn't ya think?
Just confirmed to me I won't be getting it on release day.

What else "slipped through the cracks"?

Waiting for all the patches to drop again this year before even deciding.

# 25 cthurt @ 08/15/13 11:28 AM
Maybe they did all there game testing on the xbox, and was surprised by the vanishing players complaints in the demo for the PS3....yea thats the excuse ill go with to make me feel a little better sbout it.

# 26 jmurphy31 @ 08/15/13 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Tell me about it.

Back in the day, a "day 1" or "day 0" patch would be unheard off. That would be a delayed release date.

Shipping games out with known issues...only in modern gaming. No wonder I feeling like giving up the hobby or just playing old games.

Because it shouldn't have been undercooked in the first place.

Why is the kitchen sending out undercooked food? Why is it sending out food that it KNOWS is undercooked?

It wouldn't fly in a restaurant if it sent out undercooked food to everyone who came in on Aug 27.

If I owned that restaurant, I'd fire the kitchen staff. Knowingly sending out undercooked food is just completely wrong on all levels.
Its the give and take with patches. Its great to have patches to fix things wrong with a game, but it also leads to games being rushed out, poorly tested or unfinished. And dont get me started about purchasing Add-ons to games (Dead Space 3 doesnt have a true ending, unless you purcahse the DLC)

Plus if you dont have the PS3 connected to the internet (even though I am sure its not a ton of people), the game is broken and cant be fixed.

# 27 MNHuskerman @ 08/15/13 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Its the give and take with patches. Its great to have patches to fix things wrong with a game, but it also leads to games being rushed out, poorly tested or unfinished. And dont get me started about purchasing Add-ons to games (Dead Space 3 doesnt have a true ending, unless you purcahse the DLC)

Plus if you dont have the PS3 connected to the internet (even though I am sure its not a ton of people), the game is broken and cant be fixed.
So, to those that don't have an internet connection, have fun playing with invisible players! EA is giving you the big middle finger while thanking you for your contribution to their coffers. Inexcuseable...

# 28 Smoke6 @ 08/15/13 11:36 AM
Whats so disturbing is, is that this is supposed to have been an older build of the game!?

This would go totally against that as it seems this is an issue thats either still bugging them during the development or when people say this is an older build then we know this is exactly what we are getting!

# 29 jpdavis82 @ 08/15/13 11:46 AM
Sony is just as much to blame for this as EA is guys, they have to pass it through Sony to get it approved first. People who are not getting the game because of this already being fixed make no sense. AJ even confirmed it will be fixed in the Season Ticket version next Friday.

# 30 jpdavis82 @ 08/15/13 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Whats so disturbing is, is that this is supposed to have been an older build of the game!?

This would go totally against that as it seems this is an issue thats either still bugging them during the development or when people say this is an older build then we know this is exactly what we are getting!
The demo at community day was newer than this demo according to the guys who were down there. This demo has to be at least 6 weeks old, MS & Sony have to certify it before it goes through.

# 31 Jet Sufferer @ 08/15/13 11:53 AM
I'm glad that it will be fixed for Season Ticket, that would have caused problems. PS3 people with no internet, we'll see how that shakes out, best to get ahead of it and let people know so they can either get the 360 version if possible or make arrangements to get the patch.

I don't want to pile on here, but I'm a sucker for irony, we are on the 9th version of this game this gen, but every time I read the title of this thread:

"Madden NFL 25 Title Update #1 to Fix Disappearing Players"

I just have to laugh, you can't make this stuff up.

# 32 jpdavis82 @ 08/15/13 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
The problem is that even the final build they are shipping with this issue. If the demo is that old then it looks even worse that they somehow missed this.
Like I said though Sony had to have missed it too. It doesn't exist on Xbox and Sony had to pass this demo through certification before they gave EA an approval. Sony could have easily sent it back when they saw disappearing players.

# 33 SickDL @ 08/15/13 11:58 AM
Retarted. Though I havent seen the bug myself. But it is worrying they ship the game with a bug like that.
I already pre ordered the uni ed for ps3 from amazon
But from playing both demos I think the xbox on looks way better
Graphics wise

# 34 NaturalSelected @ 08/15/13 11:58 AM
Day one patches are the new norm. Not surprised at all by this.

# 35 K_GUN @ 08/15/13 12:24 PM
if this is PS3 only....lame EA QA dept.....I skipped M13 (every other year from now on)...but still playing M12 and the *Audio Popping* issue

# 36 GisherJohn24 @ 08/15/13 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Sony is just as much to blame for this as EA is guys, they have to pass it through Sony to get it approved first. People who are not getting the game because of this already being fixed make no sense. AJ even confirmed it will be fixed in the Season Ticket version next Friday.
So it was up to Sony to find the glitch? I honestly am curious. Don't know how the QA dept works for Sony....

# 37 jpdavis82 @ 08/15/13 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Come on Josh... This is just not even remotely true no matter how you try to spin this. Bugs happen, yes. However, if they simply tested the demo on a PS3, they would have seen this. TONS of people ran into this issue in less than a full day. This has nothing to do with Sony. When you release software, it has to at least basically work. Same crap last year with the countless bugs in CCM mode. It ruined alot of leagues. Some serious issues with the code at times. Not much you can do now but fix it, but in all honesty, this really is not acceptable.
I wasn't trying to spin it, I don't know anything about programming, I had heard that in the demo impressions, but obviously it's EA's fault.

# 38 RH3NewOrleans @ 08/15/13 12:58 PM
So far this demo has done nothing but disappoint me. I've played two halves and have seen nothing that would make me want to buy this version. I've also been sacked by an invisible clay Matthews, intercepted by an invisible corner back and scored on by an invisible torrey Smith. Guess I'll be waiting for the next gen version after all.

# 39 FreAk47 @ 08/15/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Bugs happen, yes. However, if they simply tested the demo on a PS3, they would have seen this. TONS of people ran into this issue in less than a full day.
This is my biggest issue with games in general these days. This issue happened to me after the 1st quarter, of my 1st game on the demo...I come on here and there are already dozens of people posting about the problem. It's not like it took serious user tampering to make this happen. Games like COD I understand when multiplayer glitches and exploits pop up, because you have millions of people going out of their way to find this stuff. You can only test for so many possibilities before the game is released to the masses.

But really? If I play a demo on single player for 10 minutes and find an issue...I would expect that said issue doesn't make it into the final version of a game. Just ridiculous that it would make it through.

# 40 mooch49 @ 08/15/13 01:29 PM
You mean to tell me that EA knew about this bug yet millions of copies were still printed. Just embarrassing. No other way to put it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.