Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

(Images courtesy of OS members The Next Big Thing & mestevo)

Andrew Johnson, EA Sports Community Manager for Madden NFL 25 has stated via Twitter, that a fix for the vanishing players users are seeing in the demo (mostly PS3 users) is in Title Update #1. It is scheduled to release when the game arrives in stores on August 27th.

We are trying to confirm whether or not Season Ticket subscribers will get the patch before that date. If we get any other additional patch details today, we'll update this post.

UPDATE: Andrew just confirmed the title update will be available for Season Ticket subscribers.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 KBLover @ 08/15/13 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
Kitchens dont always catch everything they get busy and stuff falls through the cracks pretty sure that happens at your job to assuming you work. again things happen and to call people lazy and all without walking a milein there shoes is not cool you all think the dev process is so easy and this should be easy to fix or that should be easy to fix...if that was the case why does every sports game especially have legacy issues EVERY sports game does even the beloved fifa and nba 2k.
Busy? That's an excuse? What, a kitchen staff can only function well if the restaurant isn't busy?

It's a restaurant. It's SUPPOSED to be busy. Sure, stuff falls through the cracks. Little stuff. Missing garnish. Four breadsticks instead of five. A salad going out late to a table.

Undercooked food isn't "little stuff" and, yeah, a patron is going to complain about getting a rare steak when she wanted it well done. That's nothing but expecting to get something done right. When did that become unreasonable?

Nothing like the LT just not showing up on one of the two platforms you call yourself supporting.

It might not be laziness, but it's not competence either. This isn't some odd glitch where if I happen to hit X at the same time a stat overlay shows up at the exact same time - the commentary might hiccup or something until I pause and unpause the game. What's the chances of beta having someone hit X with that exact of timing? I could see that fall through.

Not playing a build on a platform and staring at half an offensive line.

That's falling through a chasm, not a crack.

It has nothing to do with walking a mile in someone's shoes. By that logic, no one should ever critique anything unless you've done it yourself. How often would that happen?

# 62 NYJin2011tm @ 08/15/13 05:17 PM
EA was voted worst company in America for a reason!

# 63 LionsFanNJ @ 08/15/13 05:21 PM
First the NCAA facemasks and now this? What about this years games give them problems putting out PS3 versions??? Hell I remember two years ago the "oil puddles" Madden had going on only on the PS3

Makes me extremely hesitant to pick up EA sports games on PS4 even with the PC infrastructure

# 64 Soprano00 @ 08/15/13 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Do they just not test the PS3 version of the game? This is just something that blows my mind. I know they just port the game to PS3 but come on, invisible players, in the final build? How? Just how
On Madden 12 there were invisible players in Ultimate Team games, and this in the retail version and still after a few patches

# 65 oathofsilence @ 08/15/13 06:29 PM
Nothing worse than getting blindsided by an invisible DE...

# 66 GisherJohn24 @ 08/15/13 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
You forgot to mention in your analogy the restaurant has repeatedly sent out undercooked burgers. And the patrons are getting tired of it because it’s the only burger joint in town. And sometimes we’d just like to have a nice burger, you know? Is that asking for too much?

This doesn’t affect me personally as I have xbox and internet, but good grief. THIS is another example of why people are so put out with this company. Yes, it’ll be ‘fixed’ with a day one patch, and yes, little Timmy’s family who buys it for him for his B-day but still doesn’t have internet will be the minority.

But are you kidding me? When will QA ever be a priority? Not good, EA, not good at all. As someone else asked, what else awaits us because resources were allocated elsewhere?
Doesn't the NFL determine when this game needs to be available to sell by a particular date? Basically a licensing deadline requirement? So isn't it kind of the NFL's fault for forcing contracts and street date? Let's face it, if the devs had an extra year to develop it, I'm sure they would and be happy about it.

# 67 Gosens6 @ 08/15/13 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Doesn't the NFL determine when this game needs to be available to sell by a particular date? Basically a licensing deadline requirement? So isn't it kind of the NFL's fault for forcing contracts and street date? Let's face it, if the devs had an extra year to develop it, I'm sure they would and be happy about it.
But would the company be happy about it? They make BIG bucks off of this game releasing every year, as does the NFL. The devs might like it, but EA and the NFL are loving the yearly releases.

# 68 LastExit @ 08/15/13 07:05 PM
Definitely good news, but I have to say....how on Earth did this glitch get past them when they were getting the game ready for retail release?????? Don't they have people who test this game out????
I've played the Madden Demo 4 times and have quit because this bug shows up every time - it's not an obscure thing that only affected a few people.

# 69 Gosens6 @ 08/15/13 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
Definitely good news, but I have to say....how on Earth did this glitch get past them when they were getting the game ready for retail release?????? Don't they have people who test this game out????
I've played the Madden Demo 4 times and have quit because this bug shows up every time - it's not an obscure thing that only affected a few people.
They clearly don't test the PS3 version, it's ported right over from the 360.

# 70 Ice_Cold345 @ 08/15/13 07:21 PM
Any more I question if games get bug tested anymore. With games like WWE 12/13 being super bugged filled and bugs that exist in Madden 13 that were nearly game breaking and this bug that should have been pretty obvious to see/fix before release wasn't, really raises questions in my mind. That, or the developers become lazy and just port it to the PS3 from the 360 and go all Mean Gene Okerland on it.

It's nice that are patching it, but seriously how was this not seen? Also, why didn't they make the patch available for download online, like the PS3 does for it's system updates. Seriously, for a company like EA not to do it, it's shows laziness.

# 71 Flightwhite24 @ 08/15/13 07:28 PM
If anyone has ever wondered whether or not EA test there games before release??! Now you have your answer

I'm no longer even interested in doing my usual get the game early routine for M25 and I'm not even on PS3.

I refuse to pay any extra to get this early If one of my eBay connects hooks me up great but I'm not breaking my neck for this game

I just don't trust EA any longer. I think it's a DAMN SHAME come next week unknowing Internet less buyers are gonna get burned for $60 plus and there won't be a thing they can do to recoup there loss.

I have plenty of friends/relatives who don't have Internet due to there financial state that game but can't afford Internet or have no use for it who are gonna get burned if I/someone don't warn them

SHAME ON YOU EA

# 72 spike83 @ 08/15/13 07:50 PM
Cross your fingers that all this nonsense we have experienced this summer with both NCAA and Madden ends here and does not continue with FIFA and NHL...

# 73 ggunnerr @ 08/15/13 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
Same reason a few years back the game shipped without Fatigue and it took almost a month to patch it in. Limited funding on Quality Control, and a lack of passion/caring.

# 74 burter @ 08/15/13 09:30 PM
Not sure if this was said, but this tells me something about how people claim EA's demo's are earlier builds. Ok if this was an earlier build, how does this same thing get put in the final release? See that's why a lot of times I just chuckle when someone claims this is an early build and the final build will be way better. Seriously I just LOL..............

# 75 PaleVermilion @ 08/15/13 11:32 PM
Wow EA. Talk about mailing it in!

# 76 DIESEL @ 08/15/13 11:48 PM
I just skimmed through the thread. Has anyone with some photoshop skills posted a Madden 25 "Invisible Edition" cover yet?

# 77 atc43 @ 08/16/13 01:49 AM
This just puts a bad taste in my mouth. THIS is what weve been dealing with for the past 9 years. How this goes undiscovered is beyond me....Now i know theres no guarantee of any other company attempting to jump back into the Football Gaming market, But damnit, it will just be a relief when/if that exclusivity deal expires.

# 78 jclem92 @ 08/16/13 02:22 AM
Pretty pathetic. But at least we're getting Owner Mode! Not like that was a new thing 10 years ago or anything...

# 79 Ice_Cold345 @ 08/16/13 02:27 AM
One thing I never really got was how is EA really allowed to be the only maker of an NFL game? There isn't another option out there because of the exclusive license. So, wouldn't that make it a monopoly, you know those things that are illegal(and how was it allowed to go on for so long and nobody notice it's one until last year is just mind boggling.

Ugh, it frustrates me because it's almost like EA comes off as people who don't care about it's customers in having an excellent game(Naughty Dog for example in supplying good/great games constantly without ripping the consumer off.) I mean to sound all ranty, but I want Madden to be good, but I've been burned way too many times and it's time for the "Abused Wife" Syndrome to come to an end.

# 80 adriano @ 08/16/13 02:41 AM
I think they should release the demo around the Draft..
We could find more glitches than their current testers..

I read that Microsoft is not charging for patches anymore.
I hope this is true. Because I am sure M25 will need a
few patches..

Link to the article...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...xbox-360-games

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.