Home
FIFA 14 News Post

Check out the latest next-gen FIFA 14 Living Worlds trailer, as well as the latest FIFA 14 blog detailing how Living Worlds brings FIFA 14 to life with living and breathing sidelines, 3D crowds, match flow, in-game director and more.

UPDATE: We have just added five high definition FIFA 14 screenshots.

Also, make sure you check out the FIFA 14 gameplay PS4 and Xbox One videos below and post your thoughts!

NextGenGamingBlog

NextGenGamingBlog

IGN

FIFA Soccer 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA Soccer 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Steve_OS @ 08/21/13 02:58 PM
Just added some hi-res screenshots to the OP.

# 22 orion523 @ 08/21/13 03:06 PM
Just saw some videos on YouTube posted today of full games played with the demo(current gen) and coming from a guys who's played 13 a ton, the differences are immediately noticeable. Off the ball the defense is definitely better marking wise. On the ball it's tough to tell because its player v player. The overall pace is also slower. Overall after watching it in motion I'm pretty optimistic.

# 23 NightmareBooster @ 08/21/13 03:17 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward to current-gen FIFA 14. I enjoy 13, still play it, and I'm excite about the addition of new leagues (fingers crossed for CM improvements). However, I still remember the Madden 2006 fiasco and as EA haven't said anything about Ignite addressing some of FIFA's long standing issues I'm not expecting the next-gen version to be dramatically different.

# 24 ajaxab @ 08/21/13 05:04 PM
There's a part of me that feels sorry for the devs. They got completely hung out to dry on that official trailer. The message at the beginning says that the footage comes entirely from gameplay, but the only gameplay we actually see comes at 0:56 for about ten seconds and even then, I can't think that anyone actually plays the game from those angles. The rest is merely a higher res and slightly more elaborate version of the introductions we already have. The marketers are doing the devs a disservice by putting out a trailer that is allegedly entirely based in gameplay when clearly there is no possibility of player interaction for 90% of what was shown. It's a shame really...

# 25 sarlndr @ 08/21/13 08:08 PM
I'd be hard pressed to get this on next gen, day one. I'd wait it out.

# 26 cshaughns10 @ 08/21/13 08:21 PM
The crowds looked much better than 13 and I like the overhead views of the stadiums. The gameplay that I saw only had some minimal improvements though.

# 27 ZoneBlitz @ 08/21/13 10:22 PM
Completely underwhelmed. Players look stiff, the crowd looks like robots and nothing seems terribly different from current gen. EA seems determined to not take advantage of what the new systems offer. All of this hype about the Ignite engine and thus far all we have is a dud.

Hopefully I am pleasantly surprised.

# 28 halo1427 @ 08/22/13 12:27 AM
Here is some actual technical commentary on new items only available on next gen. NOW it looks worth it. Lots of amazing stuff they can do now that was impossible before. It's quite old, but better than the crud I've seen from gamescom so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dsEa8d6X0w

# 29 ianlast @ 08/22/13 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
It could be the smoother animations and transition animations will add to the overall gameplay, so who knows. Also, I read a preview of FIFA 14 current-gen, and the reviewer was commenting on how the improved player momentum made the game feel almost too sluggish. So it could be improvements were in fact made to area of the gameplay as well.
I'll have to play FIFA 14 CG, but player momentum making the game feel "sluggish" doesn't sound all that bad.

What separates real soccer from FIFA is that real soccer is all about precise ball movement and hitting players on well timed runs. Anything that makes running and cutting all over the field a less viable option is a good step towards a realistic footy simulation, IMO.

# 30 Dazraz @ 08/22/13 04:54 AM
Further evidence that it may be a while before the Next Generation really pulls away in terms of visual quality from what we have with current generation consoles. I can see more & more gamers holding out for a while before justifying the upgrades to the new systems.

# 31 orion523 @ 08/22/13 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Further evidence that it may be a while before the Next Generation really pulls away in terms of visual quality from what we have with current generation consoles. I can see more & more gamers holding out for a while before justifying the upgrades to the new systems.
Exactly, each generation the difference becomes less and less as far as graphics are concerned. Where the difference is made is in the little things due to the far superior computing power. I suspect that although FIFA 14(and every game for that matter) may not "look" much different, they'll "feel" different if that makes any sense.

# 32 wxn8822 @ 08/22/13 10:39 AM
Disappointed. Gravitated toward PES, I should say.

# 33 TheLetterZ @ 08/22/13 10:50 AM
It looks cool. I don't feel like I can enjoy this game until the movement and defending AI takes a big step forward though.

# 34 Azamien @ 08/22/13 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by halo1427
Here is some actual technical commentary on new items only available on next gen. NOW it looks worth it. Lots of amazing stuff they can do now that was impossible before. It's quite old, but better than the crud I've seen from gamescom so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dsEa8d6X0w
Great video. Thanks for posting it.

If they'd release more of this type of stuff instead of using their usual marketing hype I think people would be less cynical. I know I'm quite a bit more excited after watching that video than I was before.

# 35 jWILL253 @ 08/22/13 04:11 PM
Uh... I don't think any of this is next-gen stuff. There's a 360 underneath the TV in the last video...

EDIT: Actually, scratch that, I was confusing it with the new 360 model...

# 36 alabamarob @ 08/27/13 09:48 AM
Not impressed. Fifa is about like Madden to me. It can be fun, but its not a representation of real football. Its still to fast, way to much dribbling, and unrealistic ball control/movement by the offensive ball handlers. If this is next gen, then this worries me. I am still holding out hope that Next Gen will be a major upgrade, but this vid is not that.

# 37 gukqbaacw @ 09/11/13 02:18 AM
IMO, EA use the same engine every year

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.