Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

It appears that NBA Live 14 won't make it to launch for the PlayStation 4 -- but only by a couple of days. EA confirmed today in a tweet that NBA Live 14 will release on November 19 of this year -- which is four days after the PlayStation 4 launch and three days before the Xbox One launch.

So after my speculation today on what the launch window wording meant last week from EA, it appears that it meant the game wasn't going to be out at launch for one console, but will be out for another.

Over 50 NBA players have their signature animations in the game. We should see an NBA Live 14 5 on 5 gameplay trailer this week, featuring 100% gameplay.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 RayRay34 @ 09/17/13 11:52 PM
My answer is yes.

# 142 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 09/18/13 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersForLife
As of now

Live > 2K
Slow down guy. Live hasn't even released gameplay yet

# 143 Goffs @ 09/18/13 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Slow down guy. Live hasn't even released gameplay yet
Troll bait...he posted the same thing in another post....

# 144 coolcras7 @ 09/18/13 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersForLife
As of now

Live > 2K
Have to resist urge to feed the troll.

# 145 knick9 @ 09/18/13 10:05 AM
One thing I've kind of noticed from following EA's Twitter feed is that the people promoting LIVE 14 seem to be closer to the developers of the game than the people over at 2K. The PR people at 2K don't seem to be in the loop as far as game technology and details go until after the fact. To be fair, it's impossible for Ronnie2K to have a running in-depth knowledge of all the games he's expected to hype. Just another area LIVE can excel in--customer support closer to game and developers.

# 146 coolcras7 @ 09/18/13 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
One thing I've kind of noticed from following EA's Twitter feed is that the people promoting LIVE 14 seem to be closer to the developers of the game than the people over at 2K. The PR people at 2K don't seem to be in the loop as far as game technology and details go until after the fact. To be fair, it's impossible for Ronnie2K to have a running in-depth knowledge of all the games he's expected to hype. Just another area LIVE can excel in--customer support closer to game and developers.
What are you talking about, why do people feel that they need to make false claims in order to hype another product, of course Ronnie has access to the developers. He is not allowed to speak on certain items until scheduled to, it has nothing to to with not knowing or not having access, maybe he should say they are releasing Game Play and don't like EA has done.

# 147 knick9 @ 09/18/13 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
What are you talking about, why do people feel that they need to make false claims in order to hype another product, of course Ronnie has access to the developers. He is not allowed to speak on certain items until scheduled to, it has nothing to to with not knowing or not having access, maybe he should say they are releasing Game Play and don't like EA has done.
Who are the 2k developers? Who is working on the game? Can we reach THEM? There is no transparency, we are always left in the dark and it takes days, weeks, months, for the 2K PR team to come back with vague answers. That's what I'm taking about.

# 148 aholbert32 @ 09/18/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Who are the 2k developers? Who is working on the game? Can we reach THEM? There is no transparency, we are always left in the dark and it takes days, weeks, months, for the 2K PR team to come back with vague answers. That's what I'm taking about.
Let me give you a little history. The first dev to regularly visit the OS forums was Mike Wang ("Beluba") who has worked on 2k and Live and is one of the lead devs at 2k. There is a second dev ("Simballer") who regulalry posts in the 2k forum. I know for a fact that another lead developer Rob Jones regularly visits the 2k forum. Thats 3 devs who visit OS. Ld2k is a pr guy who also regularly posts in the 2k forum. There are more devs from the NBA2k team present at OS than there are for any other sports games.

What kills me is that people act like 2k's process has ever changed. All of the promotion of the game goes through Ronnie and LD2k. The devs dont need to promote the game because 1) Ronnie and LD do a pretty good job with it and promoting the game is not their job.

They release info on a schedule. They stick to that schedule. Just because you may have a question that they arent ready to answer yet doesnt mean there is a lack of communication between the devs and pr guys.

# 149 knick9 @ 09/18/13 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Let me give you a little history. The first dev to regularly visit the OS forums was Mike Wang ("Beluba") who has worked on 2k and Live and is one of the lead devs at 2k. There is a second dev ("Simballer") who regulalry posts in the 2k forum. I know for a fact that another lead developer Rob Jones regularly visits the 2k forum. Thats 3 devs who visit OS. Ld2k is a pr guy who also regularly posts in the 2k forum. There are more devs from the NBA2k team present at OS than there are for any other sports games.

What kills me is that people act like 2k's process has ever changed. All of the promotion of the game goes through Ronnie and LD2k. The devs dont need to promote the game because 1) Ronnie and LD do a pretty good job with it and promoting the game is not their job.

They release info on a schedule. They stick to that schedule. Just because you may have a question that they arent ready to answer yet doesnt mean there is a lack of communication between the devs and pr guys.
So you know who the developers are but they aren't publicly available to answer questions? Or aren't allowed to? Like I said, EA can best 2K in that department by better communication with their customers which it sounds like (if you read a recent interview with their new CEO) is one of their priorities. Not the case with 2K. Just an example:

http://dimemag.com/2013/08/dime-qa-g...f-nba-live-14/

# 150 aholbert32 @ 09/18/13 01:57 PM
Quote:
So you know who the developers are but they aren't publicly available to answer questions? Or aren't allowed to? Like I said, EA can best 2K in that department by better communication with their customers which it sounds like (if you read a recent interview with their new CEO) is one of their priorities. Not the case with 2K.
LOL. One, EA will never do that. They dont even let their devs post on their OWN forums. The ones that are on twitter (like Josh Looman of Madden) pick and choose which answers they want to provide. Its rare they ever provide any real feedback and usually just retweets of posts that are praising the game.

Also if you buy CEO speak of better customer service as becoming a reality....you are going to be very disappointed. ****, have you seen one post from a Live dev in this forum? On EA's forum? Nope. Why? Because there is no benefit to it for EA.

We used to have one of the lead devs on Madden on OS all the time (Ian Cummings). What happened? People ran him off because he realized no matter what he improvements or changes he promised, people would still come here and bitch about the game and attack him. His presence didnt help sales of Madden and just raised his frustration level with the Madden community. So why would EA have their devs waste time responding to posts on a forum when thats not their job?

As for 2k, the devs communicate good enough for most of us. Its rare that I've seen a significant problem go unaddressed by them. Either thy confirm it will be in a patch or they provide a reason why it wasnt fixed.

Finally, their jobs arent to communicate with us. Their jobs are to work on the game. Its the PR guys job to communicate with the public.

# 151 knick9 @ 09/18/13 02:01 PM
Quote:

Finally, their jobs arent to communicate with us. Their jobs are to work on the game. Its the PR guys job to communicate with the public.
I think all of the EA guys are on Twitter. The point is the 2K PR guys have done a crap job resolving issues and you often want to communicate with the people who actually work on the game. Will EA be better? Don't know, but the opportunity is there.

# 152 aholbert32 @ 09/18/13 02:16 PM
Quote:
I think all of the EA guys are on Twitter. The point is the 2K PR guys have done a crap job resolving issues and you often want to communicate with the people who actually work on the game. Will EA be better? Don't know, but the opportunity is there.
Not all EA guys are not on Twitter and most of them dont answer questions about their games on Twitter. The only person at EA who regularly responds is Haumiller with NCAA. Nobody for Fifa. Nobody for Live. Nobody for Madden (except Looman who ducks any question thats difficult to answer). Nobody for NHL.

You dont get it. The PR guys arent supposed to resolve issues. They are supposed to help communicate those issues to the devs. If the devs cant or wont fix them...thats not the PR guys fault.

And again, how does this affect sales? People buy the game they think is best. If Live is a better game than 2k with all the features I want, I wont give a **** about whether EA responds to an issue I have with the game. Also, I'm not gonna buy a game thats worse just because the dev team will answer questions about a game.

# 153 knick9 @ 09/18/13 02:25 PM
Quote:
Not all EA guys are not on Twitter and most of them dont answer questions about their games on Twitter. The only person at EA who regularly responds is Haumiller with NCAA. Nobody for Fifa. Nobody for Live. Nobody for Madden (except Looman who ducks any question thats difficult to answer). Nobody for NHL.

You dont get it. The PR guys arent supposed to resolve issues. They are supposed to help communicate those issues to the devs. If the devs cant or wont fix them...thats not the PR guys fault.

And again, how does this affect sales? People buy the game they think is best. If Live is a better game than 2k with all the features I want, I wont give a **** about whether EA responds to an issue I have with the game. Also, I'm not gonna buy a game thats worse just because the dev team will answer questions about a game.
The game hasn't even been released yet, um, so who is having problems with the game and asking them questions? Let's see what happens.

I do get it. The PR guys are really busy with many games, activities, and events and they don't always receive, understand or communicate the issues to the developers in a timely way. You know they get a lot of messages about a lot of issues--how much time do you think they actually have to spend sorting through all that and figuring out what to tell the developers?

You can explain what 2K does all you want but the fact is they are really bad at resolving issues and communication.

# 154 aholbert32 @ 09/18/13 02:34 PM
Quote:
The game hasn't even been released yet, um, so who is having problems with the game and asking them questions? Let's see what happens.

I do get it. The PR guys are really busy with many games, activities, and events and they don't always receive, understand or communicate the issues to the developers in a timely way. You know they get a lot of messages about a lot of issues--how much time do you think they actually have to spend sorting through all that and figuring out what to tell the developers?

You can explain what 2K does all you want but the fact is they are really bad at resolving issues and communication.
You have ZERO evidence that there is a communication issue. You assume that because you tweet Ronnie or LD and your issue doesnt get fixed that there is a communication issue when thats not the case. Have you ever heard a dev say "We didnt know X was an issue so thats why we didnt fix it"? No.

Just because it doesnt get fixed doesnt mean it wasnt communicated to the devs. Anyway, you keep holding out hope that Live will be this shining light of dev communication. Keep ignoring the fact that no Live devs seem to be answering questions about the game....that no live devs were present when Live 13 was going to be released...that EA devs are notoriously bad with responding to issues..and that EA's policies dont let them respond.

# 155 knick9 @ 09/18/13 02:39 PM
Quote:
You have ZERO evidence that there is a communication issue. You assume that because you tweet Ronnie or LD and your issue doesnt get fixed that there is a communication issue when thats not the case. Have you ever heard a dev say "We didnt know X was an issue so thats why we didnt fix it"? No.

Just because it doesnt get fixed doesnt mean it wasnt communicated to the devs. Anyway, you keep holding out hope that Live will be this shining light of dev communication. Keep ignoring the fact that no Live devs seem to be answering questions about the game....that no live devs were present when Live 13 was going to be released...that EA devs are notoriously bad with responding to issues..and that EA's policies dont let them respond.
Sean O'Brien is the Executive Producer of LIVE 14: "My commitment to our fans is to be open, honest and transparent about what we're doing, how we're doing it as well as why we're doing it." You don't get this from 2K. He and his team have given a ton of info on the thinking behind and development behind the game: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news-updates-gameplay

They are not hiding behind some PR guy...

# 156 aholbert32 @ 09/18/13 02:59 PM
Quote:
Sean O'Brien is the Executive Producer of LIVE 14: "My commitment to our fans is to be open, honest and transparent about what we're doing, how we're doing it as well as why we're doing it." You don't get this from 2K. He and his team have given a ton of info on the thinking behind and development behind the game: http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news-updates-gameplay

They are not hiding behind some PR guy...
This is a blog. He isnt answering questions. He isnt visiting a forum. He isnt answering questions on Twitter. He wrote a blog like every other dev (including 2k) has done.

Also because of their track record, they have to give the appearance that its going to be transparent. Why?

BECAUSE THE LAST TWO VERSIONS OF THE GAME WERE GARBAGE AND THEY WERE GOING TO SELL THOSE VERSIONS TO THE PUBLIC!

Anyway, I let you keep your dream. Maybe I'll be wrong and Sean will be the most responsive dev ever. Maybe he will say "**** EA's policy, I'm going to actively respond to questions and issues in EA's forums and at OS." Or maybe he will be like every other dev and go underground once the game is released. I'm betting on the latter.

# 157 ChaseB @ 09/18/13 03:04 PM
I'm not going in very far here as this isn't the topic of the thread, BUT as someone who works on Madden, I don't believe there's a policy that prevents people from talking anywhere in particular. It's just like with any other job where you just shouldn't be stupid.

I think a good rule of thumb though is that most guys do read, and issues do get back to them. Just because you're not hearing directly from them, doesn't mean they aren't very aware. Whether that's from their own reading, PR, etc. the sentiment does get around. I think it's rather unfair to judge any team based on public comments on forums etc. because it's just not the normal avenue.

Either way, again, as someone who worked for OS for many years and spoke with members from many development teams (and now works inside EA), people are generally VERY aware of what's being said about their game regardless of the public comments.

How can they not be?

# 158 bigeastbumrush @ 09/18/13 03:14 PM
@EASPORTSNBA: Presenting the Official #NBALIVE14 First Look Gameplay Trailer: http://t.co/9FosNQw6Vj #NothingButNext

Does not look like actual in game footage to me but whatever.

# 159 aholbert32 @ 09/18/13 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
@EASPORTSNBA: Presenting the Official #NBALIVE14 First Look Gameplay Trailer: http://t.co/9FosNQw6Vj #NothingButNext

Does not look like actual in game footage to me but whatever.
I believe it is but its edited a ton.

# 160 Goffs @ 09/18/13 03:34 PM
sheesh talk about dense....

dammit they made it so its not available for viewing on mobile!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.