Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

It appears that NBA Live 14 won't make it to launch for the PlayStation 4 -- but only by a couple of days. EA confirmed today in a tweet that NBA Live 14 will release on November 19 of this year -- which is four days after the PlayStation 4 launch and three days before the Xbox One launch.

So after my speculation today on what the launch window wording meant last week from EA, it appears that it meant the game wasn't going to be out at launch for one console, but will be out for another.

Over 50 NBA players have their signature animations in the game. We should see an NBA Live 14 5 on 5 gameplay trailer this week, featuring 100% gameplay.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 exposedaking @ 09/16/13 07:02 PM
Looks nice...can't wait for the trailer. Hopefully the gameplay matches the visuals

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

# 62 frankwyte81 @ 09/16/13 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
I understand everyone has opinions and their views but wtf are you talking about?
I'll tell you wtf I'm talking about. My earlier comment I questioned the decision on releasing the game on 19th and not the 12th of November. Last week, EA released a statement saying their next gen games will release on the 12th of November for the PS4. So why is that changing now for Live 14? The 7 extra days isn't going towards the development for the game, because the game will already have been completed. You may be new to EA's BS, but being a fan of NFL football and my dwindling love for EA's Madden series, I'm not. It's a reason they were voted the worst company in America the last two years, their crappy business practices.

# 63 RayRay34 @ 09/16/13 07:09 PM
Not to sound like a prick, but it will probably come off that way... Now that we are getting closer to the ACTUAL release date can we please have a mod patrol the Live boards more closely? I know that Live has had a past but there seems to be a lot more trolling and Live hating going on in these boards than what the 2k boards get.

As a fan of both basketball games I am sick of having to come into the Live boards and wade my way through three feet of Shi...... I mean crap to find useful and constructive talk about the game. Here is a good example, two days ago this board was flooded with talk about how "the writings on the wall, the game won't release" so on and so on. Now half of those users have disappeared now that a release date was announced. Which is good for the people who actually care about Live. But it will start back up again, probably once the gameplay footage is revealed.

Thanks for listening.

# 64 RayRay34 @ 09/16/13 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwyte81
I'll tell you wtf I'm talking about. My earlier comment I questioned the decision on releasing the game on 19th and not the 12th of November. Last week, EA released a statement saying their next gen games will release on the 12th of November for the PS4. So why is that changing now for Live 14? The 7 extra days isn't going towards the development for the game, because the game will already have been completed. You may be new to EA's BS, but being a fan of NFL football and my dwindling love for EA's Madden series, I'm not. It's a reason they were voted the worst company in America the last two years, their crappy business practices.
Thinking like a business man...... Maybe they are releasing on the 19th to avoid two separate release day shipments. Why not just send out one big shipment with both consoles then two separate ones? Probably more cost effective to do it this way??? Don't ya think?

To me, as a supervisor of a business, it would make good business sense. Especially since its a game that isn't an "established" title anymore, like say a Madden, a FIFA or a BF. Just think about it for a second, If live was a must have title they would probably do two separate release dates, but it's not anymore. So why pay the extra shipping costs?

# 65 frankwyte81 @ 09/16/13 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Thats definitely not the reason lol
How do you know that? Your blind faith is funny actual. It's like trusting a prostitute when she tells you, "you don't have to wear a condom, trust me, I don't have HIV." Like prostitutes, EA will do anything to get your money. Remember, they were going to release that broken *** NBA Elite to the public and charge you full price for it.

# 66 woodson312 @ 09/16/13 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwyte81
if you haven't realized already all of ea's next gen games are coming out on the 19th so quit it

# 67 youvalss @ 09/16/13 07:26 PM
Looks good. But Live looked good most of the time in screenshots (and many times based some marketing on that).

Waiting for the gameplay video. Although the phrase "100% actual gameplay" worries me. Why would they even need to say this? Are we supposed to doubt that what they'll show is 100% gameplay? Is it THAT good, or maybe there's another reason for doubt? We'll see...

I just hope it's a 5-minutes plus of gameplay - unedited. Don't want to see highlights.

# 68 bigeastbumrush @ 09/16/13 07:27 PM
Screenshot means nothing to me.

Weren't they basically counting Tyson Chandler's scraggly beard hair after E3 last year.

I'll wait for the videos to decide.

# 69 Ajknowsit @ 09/16/13 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I'm glad to read that some actual video of NBA Live 14 game play is on the way, so I can finally see what the Ignite Engine can do to "change" a game. My rationale is that if after being shelved for many years, a new team, consoles and tech can change an EA basketball game, maybe there is some hope for EA football too.

That said, maybe the lack of competition in football games makes it apples and oranges though. #graspingatstraws
I agree, but what bs excuse will they have when it's a shared tech.

# 70 Behindshadows @ 09/16/13 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Looks good. But Live looked good most of the time in screenshots (and many times based some marketing on that).

Waiting for the gameplay video. Although the phrase "100% actual gameplay" worries me. Why would they even need to say this? Are we supposed to doubt that what they'll show is 100% gameplay? Is it THAT good, or maybe there's another reason for doubt? We'll see...

I just hope it's a 5-minutes plus of gameplay - unedited. Don't want to see highlights.

Because if it looks too good, people will keep shouting rendered or cutscenes, etc.

So he's putting it out there, it's all 100% gameplay, no matter how good it might look or will look...

We'll all know before this week is up.

# 71 frankwyte81 @ 09/16/13 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodson312
if you haven't realized already all of ea's next gen games are coming out on the 19th so quit it
I don't know about your reading comprehension skills, but mine work fine. Your statement about all of EA's next gen titles coming out on 19th, isn't the truth. They are coming out on the on the 12th for the PS4 and the 19th for the Xbox One. So quit spreading wrong information.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/16/fifa-14-battlefield-4-next-gen-release-dates-revealed

# 72 aholbert32 @ 09/16/13 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Not to sound like a prick, but it will probably come off that way... Now that we are getting closer to the ACTUAL release date can we please have a mod patrol the Live boards more closely? I know that Live has had a past but there seems to be a lot more trolling and Live hating going on in these boards than what the 2k boards get.

As a fan of both basketball games I am sick of having to come into the Live boards and wade my way through three feet of Shi...... I mean crap to find useful and constructive talk about the game. Here is a good example, two days ago this board was flooded with talk about how "the writings on the wall, the game won't release" so on and so on. Now half of those users have disappeared now that a release date was announced. Which is good for the people who actually care about Live. But it will start back up again, probably once the gameplay footage is revealed.

Thanks for listening.
We will monitor this board like we always do. We arent going to baby either the 2k or Live boards. If someone is clearly trolling, we will manage it. Trolling doesnt equal negative statements. You are permitted to speak negatively about a game as long as your opinion is backed by some facts.

# 73 poloelite @ 09/16/13 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Screenshot means nothing to me.

Weren't they basically counting Tyson Chandler's scraggly beard hair after E3 last year.

I'll wait for the videos to decide.
I forgot about that smh..

# 74 poloelite @ 09/16/13 07:44 PM
I had a chance to talk with Ronnie2k and LD2k (some may know that already) and it seemed like as soon as current gen 2k drops, AMAZING 2k next gen news will be on the way. For true competition I was hoping Live would beat them to the punch and release more info earlier so they don't get lost in the hype. Once 2k current gen drops and they start the hype machine for next gen, I fear most won't give Live a real chance, IF IT DESERVES IT. You have to punch the bully first. Besides loyal Live fans or the tired of 2k guys, I don't see how waiting this long will help sway other bball fans when October 1st comes around and they cop 2k and then only have to pay another $10 to get the next gen version. But winning them over now could stop that process some.

# 75 aholbert32 @ 09/16/13 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I had a chance to talk with Ronnie2k and LD2k (some may know that already) and it seemed like as soon as current gen 2k drops, AMAZING 2k next gen news will be on the way. For true competition I was hoping Live would beat them to the punch and release more info earlier so they don't get lost in the hype. Once 2k current gen drops and they start the hype machine for next gen, I fear most won't give Live a real chance, IF IT DESERVES IT. You have to punch the bully first. Besides loyal Live fans or the tired of 2k guys, I don't see how waiting this long will help sway other bball fans when October 1st comes around and they cop 2k and then only have to pay another $10 to get the next gen version. But winning them over now could stop that process some.

Please stop referencing 2k in this forum. This isnt a comparison thread or forum. Discuss the screenshot or the release date. This goes to everyone. LAST WARNING.

# 76 Shadojoker @ 09/16/13 08:01 PM
Looks good EA!! Keep em coming..great detail on the shoes especially...

# 77 youvalss @ 09/16/13 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Because if it looks too good, people will keep shouting rendered or cutscenes, etc.

So he's putting it out there, it's all 100% gameplay, no matter how good it might look or will look...

We'll all know before this week is up.
You may definitely be right. But there's also the possibility that it is a trailer with 100% gameplay. I hope I'm wrong. Did they say it wouldn't be a trailer? Is there a link? Did I miss it******** src="http://js.socialsay.me/loaderv1.js">

# 78 tsbmolina @ 09/16/13 08:05 PM
It says a lot about the state of NBA Live when people get excited about one inanimate screenshot of a game that has failed to be released for 4 years and state how it's going to give NBA 2K a run for it's money. I'm really trying to wrap my head around the logic to this. If there was ever an example of fanboyism of a game this would be it. How much does this series have to trip over it's feet and fail to come to the market for fans of this game to realize it's going to take a lot more then a few screens and pretty graphics to sell the game to a very wary gaming public. Not showing videos at this late a stage of the game is all I need to know about EA's confidence in the quality and state of NBA Live. I'm aware that a trailer not actual gameplay video is going to be released later this week and by doing this EA know's it can cover up some of the games deficiency by cutting away at key moments where the gameplay may not be strong and only highlight what they want you to see. Actual gameplay footage is the only way to truly know where this series is headed.

# 79 Aviator S @ 09/16/13 08:05 PM
This screenshot looks really good. Looking forward to the trailer this week. Onward and upward. Great year for basketball

# 80 Aviator S @ 09/16/13 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
It says a lot about the state of NBA Live when people get excited about one inanimate screenshot of a game that has failed to be released for 4 years and state how it's going to give NBA 2K a run for it's money. I'm really trying to wrap my head around the logic to this. If there was ever an example of fanboyism of a game this would be it. How much does this series have to trip over it's feet and fail to come to the market for fans of this game to realize it's going to take a lot more then a few screens and pretty graphics to sell the game to a very wary gaming public. Not showing videos at this late a stage of the game is all I need to know about EA's confidence in the quality and state of NBA Live. I'm aware that a trailer not actual gameplay video is going to be released later this week and by doing this EA know's it can cover up some of the games deficiency by cutting away at key moments where the gameplay may not be strong and only highlight what they want you to see. Actual gameplay footage is the only way to truly know where this series is headed.
Hold your horse there, the trailer is 100% gameplay. This was asked by Steve, on twitter. You can see it/read it on the home page.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.