Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

EA Sports has released their NBA Live 14 gameplay trailer, which features a first look at their game in action. We figured it would be short, let us know what you think.

In the coming weeks expect to hear a lot more about NBA Live 14, some of the nuggets we are expecting to learn about are the 50+ signature styles in the game, Connected Experiences, and more game modes. It appears as if the Live 14 hype train has finally left the station and it's expected we'll see a lot more on this game in the next several weeks.

We've also captured some screenshots from the video. Obviously, they will look better in 1080p, these were captured in 720p.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 dat boi Q @ 09/18/13 05:01 PM
Sports gaming as a whole better step up next gen if not then I am done.
After playing games like gta and looking at all these good looking games coming I ain't wasting no more money or time

# 62 Jakeness23 @ 09/18/13 05:02 PM
I actually thought the jerseys would look better, they're okay, but not great. I also thought they would fit better judging by earlier screenshots, but maybe that kind of stuff can still be touched up a bit before launch.

# 63 BiggD @ 09/18/13 05:04 PM
Wow, nice... Short and sweet.

# 64 blingballa333 @ 09/18/13 05:06 PM
Beautiful trailer. But did Kyrie travel on that drive? haha

But on a serious note, the game looks good from what I saw. But I really didn't see anything other than some crossovers. Hopefully they release the rest of the video this week. The lighting is nuts, btw. Best I've ever seen in a basketball video game.

# 65 BigDaddyHolmes @ 09/18/13 05:08 PM
Didn't think it looked good from this video.

# 66 knick9 @ 09/18/13 05:08 PM
I'll say this, what they've accomplished in a very short time is impressive. This is not a remake of old LIVE games, we're seeing the process of creating something new.

# 67 BiggD @ 09/18/13 05:09 PM
Funny how everyone was freaking out about the characters from the E3 footage. They look super detailed, not too big and not too skinny

That's one thing I've always hated about 2k's models, they look like they are all on steroids

# 68 The 24th Letter @ 09/18/13 05:09 PM
Looked pretty good....

Is this what they meant by first 5 on 5 gameplay?

# 69 nick_sr @ 09/18/13 05:18 PM
wow! they have shumps fro. hopefully we get a lot more hairstyles!

# 70 nick_sr @ 09/18/13 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmitty
I don't really understand what ppl want. It looked very good to me. I can't wait to play both.
some ppl want the real thing which they will never get

# 71 ultralow36 @ 09/18/13 05:23 PM
man alot of 2k talk in a ea video..

# 72 nick_sr @ 09/18/13 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyMac
50 second trailer, of which about 20 seconds was filler/graphics and another 3 or 4, pre game tip. Doesn't do much to calm my fears about the games possible release date. "Launch window"

Graphics did look good with Kyrie's dribble, but that was all we saw, single player dribbling.
kyrie this, kyrie that. why wouldn't they focus on the guy who is on the cover?

# 73 nick_sr @ 09/18/13 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
man alot of 2k talk in a ea video..
closet fans. ppl already know what's up. some guys just feel the need to be the way they are. i don't blame them, i blame the youtube guys for putting things into certain kids heads and making them believe it.

# 74 ultralow36 @ 09/18/13 05:37 PM
feel ya nick sr..↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

# 75 juicey79 @ 09/18/13 05:49 PM
I like how they have the MSG license...good job EA.
I am dissapointed with 40 secs...that could have been delivered at the ps4/Xbox announcement.
Can't wait to see more

# 76 Vni @ 09/18/13 05:53 PM
Theses kind of trailers do nothing to me.

All I can see is that looked good. Not great but good. Wait and see.

# 77 carvis#15 @ 09/18/13 05:55 PM
I liked it. I actually like the detail in the jersey being tucked in. Not perfectly semetrical as if players really have their jerseys like that. They show the ripples and everything.

Also I see Kyrie is doing that same dribble that showed from E3 where he was in the gym doing the freestyle shoot around. So I actually believe them when they say that is actual game play. I can't wait to see how other guys handle the ball. I really can't wait to see how LeBron plays in this one.

I also like how they seemingly give everyone the right accessory colors. When they showed Kyrie doing the shoot around, when he was wearing the home jersey, he was wearing all white accessories. So from that I'm getting the impression they have something set in the game to where they can get realistic accessory colors for certain jerseys.

And I didn't expect they players to be any different from the clip they showed earlier with Kyrie with the yellow jersey.

All in all, I think they might be up to something positive.

# 78 tril @ 09/18/13 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Visually it's reminiscent of the Live 07 trailer.

I just don't believe at all that the game plays like that. That's a spliced up trailer.
cosign this statement

it looks like they spliced the bounce tek/dribble tek demo with pre rendered and edited graphics.

# 79 scottyp180 @ 09/18/13 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene_Flash03
One thing I like about Live series is they put an effort on uniform/equipment colors and shoes are very detailed. 2K can't seem to find a way to correct that.
I understand this complaint but to me gameplay comes first. What good is having good looking jerseys, shoes, accessories without having the gameplay to accompany it, which live has failed on in the past (live 10 being the exception) . Hopefully lives gameplay will deliver.

# 80 LingeringRegime @ 09/18/13 06:04 PM
I want to see some real gameplay. Like a one minute quarter, anything.

That wasn't enough to get my 60.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.