Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

It was reported on the EA Sports NBA Live Facebook Page that we will finally get our first glimpses of 5-on-5 gameplay this Friday. For now, here's a quick teaser.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 RayRay34 @ 10/16/13 08:29 PM
Alright I need to chime in. In no way do I plan on changing my preorder but why do they go to a close up at two very critical points in the teaser..... The blow by move and the runner in the lane..... I ain't gonna lie. Better see actual gameplay come Friday instead of some cut scenes.

These were issues in previous Live games and by them going to cut scenes does concern me a little.

# 82 joec63 @ 10/16/13 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barimanlhs
Thats a fair point and when this finally comes out it should help out the consumer since we will have multiple games to choose from and they will both fight to improve and have the best game out there. This looks better than Elite did but it still looks like ithas those nagging issues that plagued Live during the 360 and PS3 era....lets see friday
Yeah, if it plays a decent game of basketball I'll give it a shot. I get tired of the same game every year....ahem just like some football game. As consumers we should want both B'ball games to succeed ! I'm all for constructive criticism but it seems like we just want to take sides on this site.

# 83 magicman32 @ 10/16/13 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
I really get a kick out of these sentences. Someone always has to say it. Face facts man, its never actually come true before.
True!!! I just sad that it's happening....AGAIN!!!!! Lol.

# 84 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 10/16/13 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
I think it looked awesome. I'm glad to finally see some game footage. Feeling hyped!

I agree 100%. Yes its not perfect but they showed something. I actually think it looks good. And for all those people who were mad at EA for not releasing anything, they're actually releasing 5v5 unlike 2K which are just showing a trailer. Of course it's not better than 2K so stop complaining and trying to find every little thing wrong with it. I'm going to play it and enjoy it. I'm also going to get 2K so don't think I'm a EA fanboy.

# 85 CaCHooKa Man @ 10/16/13 08:35 PM
theres only 2 seconds of actual gameplay but something just looks off about it

# 86 scottyp180 @ 10/16/13 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
Alright I need to chime in. In no way do I plan on changing my preorder but why do they go to a close up at two very critical points in the teaser..... The blow by move and the runner in the lane..... I ain't gonna lie. Better see actual gameplay come Friday instead of some cut scenes.

These were issues in previous Live games and by them going to cut scenes does concern me a little.
The camera cuts irked me too especially since they were unnecessary. I would have rather seen the play all the way through from the normal view. When 2k does cuts in trailers, even if they are trying to hide an issue, it looks good and flows with the video. The cuts in this video just don't look right to me

# 87 Behindshadows @ 10/16/13 08:37 PM
Something is telling me that this was created a long time ago and the build was early.

Because the animations were bad, models weren't detailed and the game barely looks 20% better than Live 10. It almost looks like Live 10 with a roster upgrade.

I think they might have released this just to get a reaction, and then release real footage on Friday. I'm really hoping that is the case, but it's very Turbal (Charles Barkley voice)

Not digging it at all..

# 88 xman2k @ 10/16/13 08:38 PM
Those guys at 2k work really, really hard and it shows. A lot of you guys are ungrateful and put them down for EA and this. Heres hoping EA doesn't get exclusive anything...

# 89 Sundown @ 10/16/13 08:39 PM
That... is not very good. I guess everyone who didn't get face scanned looks like a cartoon.

And the animations and stances look weird, but at least they're kind of smooth, sort of? The engine could be a foundation to build on.

Well, at least they picked someone old and slow so they have an excuse for why Nash is dribbling at a snail's pace.

And the ball looks good. *golf clap*

# 90 Guapo516 @ 10/16/13 08:41 PM
Don't understand how anyone can make something of this but to each is own. I'm pissed, not at what I think the game looks like cause idk, but because there is no difference between today and Friday. Stop with the teases and let's get on with the show. They don't have the track record to this with fans.

About what I seen, wasn't enough to judge and what they showed before looked more crisp so this could be a little bit of them having fun letting us think whatever, then blowing us away Friday.

# 91 joec63 @ 10/16/13 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xman2k
Those guys at 2k work really, really hard and it shows. A lot of you guys are ungrateful and put them down for EA and this. Heres hoping EA doesn't get exclusive anything...
Grateful? you have it backwards. THEY should be grateful that I spend my hard earned money on their game which lets them make games for a living! Some of you people are unbelievable.

# 92 Boilerbuzz @ 10/16/13 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
the pick & roll was played perfectly and L.A stayed on goasol when he rolled..
Wait... What? Do you know how to defend the pick and roll when you don't hedge?

# 93 aholbert32 @ 10/16/13 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joec63
Yeah, if it plays a decent game of basketball I'll give it a shot. I get tired of the same game every year....ahem just like some football game. As consumers we should want both B'ball games to succeed ! I'm all for constructive criticism but it seems like we just want to take sides on this site.
I dont give a **** about success. I want both games to resemble NBA basketball. I want both games to even get the little things right. Only one does that so far,

Also for people who say that Live has "the arenas right"...they dont. The Rose Garden doesnt have railings on the first level. The only thing "right" about it is the court and the lighting. Again its the little things.

# 94 Goffs @ 10/16/13 08:46 PM
So much for that talk about Live being more next gen than 2k because they got a head start. I never understood that logic....

Well if they surpass the audio from Live 10 I can probably look past the gameplay.

# 95 eko718 @ 10/16/13 08:46 PM
I think I have officially seen all I need to see with Live.

# 96 Dogslax41 @ 10/16/13 08:48 PM
I'm struggling to understand how people thought that looked good. Nash looked like a character from the Incredibles. Is it just a matter of reaching to give EA credit for putting something out there.

# 97 MarvinOida @ 10/16/13 08:51 PM
Oh boy. Friday needs to come. This doesn't look like its gonna end well though. Gameplay though, I can past through the graphics. The gameplay and experience should be good.

Tap Taptalking away from my iPhone 5.... C

# 98 ZoneBlitz @ 10/16/13 08:51 PM
I refuse to believe that is the real game. The video with Kyrie is much better. If this is the game, then 2k can sleep easy.

# 99 coolcras7 @ 10/16/13 08:53 PM
Wow, i dont even know what to say about what i just saw, what happened to that Kyrie Irving smoothing looking in game trailer, how could EA's first attempt to get back in the game, their first go at next generation be this.

# 100 ogtrilluminati @ 10/16/13 08:53 PM
omg that was horrible. 2k all day!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.