Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

A new screenshot was just posted by EA of NBA Live 14. We are expecting a video complete with 5-on-5 gameplay tomorrow.

What stands out to you in this screen?

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 MPB34 @ 10/18/13 01:03 AM
2k will destroy EA trust me

# 82 Behindshadows @ 10/18/13 01:04 AM
Screenshot isn't impressive and looks doctored on Photoshop, jaggied and all..I don't like it and the game is 30% graphics difference from Live 10.

This game can more than what they are showing...Video will tell all tomorrow.....

I want it to succeed, bring on the goods EA, because right now, every preview is worse after the other..

# 83 TheHypeMachine6 @ 10/18/13 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
Did someone use photoshop to resize the image? the higher reso looks horrible, not judging on live im judging the picture quality. its horrendous

the detailson the players look sick though, everyone looks like everyone. i hope we see lebron tom
Lebron is the 2K cover player, might not be good marketing if they show EA lebron v 2K Lebron, I'm thinking we will see a lot of Kyrie, Lillard, John Wall, EA is pushing Bouncetek physics based dribbling i think that will be seeing that on show in the 5 on 5 gameplay trailer

# 84 yungflo @ 10/18/13 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHypeMachine6
Lebron is the 2K cover player, might not be good marketing if they show EA lebron v 2K Lebron, I'm thinking we will see a lot of Kyrie, Lillard, John Wall, EA is pushing Bouncetek physics based dribbling i think that will be seeing that on show in the 5 on 5 gameplay trailer
they use to go head to head all the time. Don't you remember chris paul vs chris paul

# 85 rockchisler @ 10/18/13 02:46 AM
The stadium has alot of depth to it. It looks huge!

# 86 Championships @ 10/18/13 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
What stands out? The overuse of the Miami Heat logo in the background. Jeez I counted like 15. We get it... a flaming basketball through the hoop is "hot".
It's the ESPN version of the Heat logo, usually see it during the NBA Tip-off show.

# 87 btrapp @ 10/18/13 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
What Low Budget are you talking about? LOL
Just my speculation as to why the game looks so terrible. LOL.

# 88 airjoca @ 10/18/13 05:09 AM
There's a guy from the Heat missing from this pic...

# 89 Escobeats @ 10/18/13 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
People should just be happy there's two games on the market this season, even if it's just for next gen. Who cares if 2K will own Live, two games is better than one!! Real bball gamers will try out both!!

This 2K Fan Boys trolling every year has got to get tiring at some point? Y'all sound like bitter Girlfriends most of the time nitpicking everything, just relax
Looking better than last teaser so that's a plus. Not hating or nothing but this game doesn't scream 'next-gen' or '4 years worth of development' perhaps the courts or the crowd but anything else graphically nope, for me if anything this looks very similar to NBA Live 10. That could be just me but that's my opinion. I hope NBA LIVE 14 does well as a basketball fan.

# 90 ANT_P1989 @ 10/18/13 06:12 AM
THE ONLY WAY FOR NBA LIVE TO SUCCEED, they need to spend a WHOLE development cycle on focusing on the "Little Things". The "Little Things" that 2Ksports ALWAYS add in every single game they have.

Animations of stumbling.
Animations of falling.
Collisions.
Mid-air contested shot physics.
Players showing awareness.
Players signaling for the ball.
Players moving FLUIDLY through screens.
Players boxing out and battling for position.
Mid-air dunk collisions.
Collisions with the players on the bench.
Collisions with the refs.
Every single thing that can touch the players NEEDS to be shown in game.

Live needs to make the game COME ALIVE.
Simple things like walking around with their hands on their head or hips.
Stretching during free throws.
Animations showing communication between players.

ALL THE SMALL THINGS. Because they all add up to make you feel as if the players are REAL.

From Signature Shot animations to simply colliding on a layup from LeBron vs a smaller player, etc.

The game cannot feel DULL. Animations need to mix with the physics so it won't look jerky. This is the NEXT GEN of Sports Gaming, we shouldn't be comparing PS4 and XB1 games to PS3 and XB360 games.

2Ksports released their trailer to show you and me that they are leaving the PS3 and 360 in the past, because they're ready to move FORWARD and set the bar even higher than Current Gen. They're trying to KILL the thought of PS3 and 360 sports games.

# 91 TreyIM2 @ 10/18/13 06:36 AM
After watching the vid the other day, I was not happy with it and this still means nada, even tho it looks great but again, it's just a still. IF EA even releases a vid today, I know it will look terrible based off that teaser. They just seem to be tethered to that old Live engine.

# 92 iceberg760 @ 10/18/13 10:08 AM
unimpressive EA ~ you've been toiling away for 3yrs now//you gotta give us MORE...

# 93 keithyp @ 10/18/13 10:22 AM
Where is LeBron? Where is the 5th member of the Bulls?

# 94 youvalss @ 10/18/13 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithyp
Where is LeBron? Where is the 5th member of the Bulls?
Both teams were in a Power-Play situation (hockey leftovers).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.