Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 25 next-gen gameplay trailer, as well as 4 more "War in the Trenches" gameplay videos.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Pass Rush & Pocket Time

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the pass rush & pocket time that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Passing Pocket Formation

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the new passing pocket formation that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Pass Blocking Footwork

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down the pass blocking footwork that you'll find in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Madden NFL 25 - War in the Trenches: Sorting

Quote:
Madden 25 Designer Clint Oldenburg breaks down sorting in the next gen version of Madden 25.

Let us know what you think!

Check out the full press release below.

New Details Released on Player Sense, True Step, the War in the Trenches and More

The Madden NFL 25 next-generation gameplay conversation begins today with the debut of the all-new “Feel It” trailer. EA SPORTS will be rolling out full gameplay details on Madden NFL 25 website and Facebook page that highlight how the game reaches new heights on next-gen consoles.

New features introduced in Madden NFL 25 include Player Sense, which enables players to scan the field, anticipate situations before they happen and maneuver based on instinct for the first time ever. Players make up to 50 times the contextual decisions they ever have before, bringing a new level of intelligence to every player on the field. In addition, the implementation of True Step player motion provides unprecedented ball-carrier control, as well as the most organic, user-driven outcomes in franchise history.

Furthermore, the War in the Trenches fundamentally changes the dynamic of the offensive and defensive line. Linemen are able to make four times as many decisions per second, and 300 new blocking animations will lead to never-before-seen situations and outcomes. Offensive linemen intelligently identify the “Mike” linebacker, and shift and sort assignments at the snap in order to target the biggest defensive threats. While the offensive line brings a new arsenal of double-team blocks and blitz pick-ups the defense has gotten smarter too, utilizing bluffs, stunts and angles to find the weak point in the line, split double-team blocks or confuse the protection long enough to get into the backfield. Every down is a new battle to control the line of scrimmage.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/18/13 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASLAM2001
Having an actual realistic pocket which was the biggest complaint (OL-DL interaction) = A LOT better IMO
Very true. I'm glad they took the steps to address the pass rush and making the pocket forum better on the next gen. It's a big improvement from the current gen Madden25. This is the building blocks to make the pass rush better in the coming years and the oline/dline interaction as well.

# 142 NBASLAM2001 @ 10/18/13 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rey
I agree with you... My original comment was addressed to the people saying the QB drop backs looked aweful.. My point was that I usually am looking at the WR when I snap the ball and not the QB!
The dropbacks aren't as bad as the throwing motions.

# 143 NBASLAM2001 @ 10/18/13 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
But you havent even seen the whole game yet and you're sold??? I would Love to sell you a used car one day lol and that goes for all of you who are "sold" because of a few videos.
I (along as many 2K fans) am/was sold on 2K with one trailer of James Harden's sweaty beard (pause?)

# 144 LBzrule @ 10/18/13 08:46 PM
The line play looks ok. I'm more concerned about the defense versus the line play. How are people going to be able to be deceptive with overloads?

# 145 newtonfb @ 10/18/13 08:49 PM
The animations are terrible. You see guys "sliding " all over the place. Until he get a whole new animation engine then this game will always look like it does. Its sad in 2013 we are still having this problem in madden

# 146 newtonfb @ 10/18/13 08:54 PM
Quote:

Even the deepest 2K stans have to give props to those blocking videos.

Yes we find flaws in everything (including the 2K Next-Gen trailer), but EA sold me here.

# 147 spacedog @ 10/18/13 08:55 PM
There still seems to be a bit of gliding and sliding (which was pretty clear in the pass block footwork vid lol) but these under the hood changes are improvements that are pretty important. Late, yes, but I guess it's better late than never in this case too. Hopefully they work out the gliding and such even more for next year (I know we always hear that "next year" phrase).

# 148 kjcheezhead @ 10/18/13 08:57 PM
I didn't see enough to say it's good or bad. The blocking and pocket formation looked better than I've ever seen in madden, but it was all focused on the offense. How do defenders get off these blocks? Also, in current gen almost every qb can run the read option, how easy is it for qbs to run through the spacing for huge gains?

The passing game is the same as current gen. On the Russell Wilson clip, the wr instantly adjusts his route with throw a wr open. That's a game killer for me, I need ball placement to matter in a football game and it just doesn't in madden since throw a wr was added.

I see potential for future madden if they take the same philosophy in the blocking with other aspects, but I'll have to wait see. They will probably follow this up by turning madden 15 into another madden 11.

# 149 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That part was great until u see this in the actual gameplay

Can someone who read that the true step was for all players please comment on this? I am honestly curious. Does true step only apply when someone is a ball carrier (since you say it doesnt have to be a RB). Those Olineman/DLineman definitely don't have truestep as many have pointed out the sliding/warping. Does truestep only come into play during free running and not animations? I'm confused. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The passing game is the same as current gen. On the Russell Wilson clip, the wr instantly adjusts his route with throw a wr open. That's a game killer for me, I need ball placement to matter in a football game and it just doesn't in madden since throw a wr was added.

# 150 NBASLAM2001 @ 10/18/13 08:57 PM
Quote:
My point is, because someone (god forbid) wants a quality product for the $70 they would have to spend for something they enjoy, all of a sudden they become "2K Stans": for finding flaws? gtfoh.

Most of us dont care who makes a great football game, we just want a great game free of flaws. I dont care if my mom was making the game, if there are some flaws I see then Im calling it out. If she makes a great game then Im there. EA, 2K, Weird Al Yankovic...I dont care who it is I just want a great game.

And we dont call it out because we are "stans" or hate the game so can we please stop that childish s***?. I am a CONSUMER, thats what I am.

Would you buy a new car and not check anything about the damn car??? No lol

SO whats the difference here?

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. I wasn't using 'stans' as an insult at all man. I was just saying those OL videos were impressive. EA gets called out all the time on OS (Heck look at 70% of the posts on this thread lol) and most of the time rightfully so, but I just really enjoyed these videos and thought it was an improvement.

# 151 newtonfb @ 10/18/13 09:03 PM
Quote:
I think you are barking up the wrong tree. I wasn't using 'stans' as an insult at all man. I was just saying those OL videos were impressive. EA gets called out all the time on OS (Heck look at 70% of the posts on this thread lol) and most of the time rightfully so, but I just really enjoyed these videos and thought it was an improvement.
They get called out because they do it to themselves. If you have an exclusive licence make the game a god dam good one. You have huge amounts of money to do whatever you want and you still have the the same engine but tout it is "built from the ground up" with band aides.
I could care less who makes a football game, i dont care if its nintendo as long as it plays up to par with the rest of the generation. 2k gets the credit because we have all seen what they can do. They had the best presentation and animations, etc. You think madden would catch up a year later but its been 8 years and we still dont have smooth animations..we have guys sliding and making jerky movements like ps2 days and we are on ps4 now!!

# 152 Hiro1 @ 10/18/13 09:03 PM
This is operationsports and 2K football can do no wrong. You like madden? You're the problem or you're defending the devil. Lol

# 153 SteelerSpartan @ 10/18/13 09:05 PM
I give them credit for trying to finally fundamentally change the OL/DL. They at least acknowledge what everybody has been saying for years about it....which was that it was setup like an Arcade Game Mechanic an not a sim one.Seeing a DE/OLB in a Madden game shoot up the field is almost surreal.

However has anyone seen Eddie Murphy's stand up about a starved man being fed a cracker????? I think some of that is going on with some of this. Im happy they have acknowledged one of their legacy issues but they still need to deliver big time.

Im still not sold they've come up with a legit fix.

1st. Tiered Playcalling still isn't in which to me means there still will be too much of a script that plays out with these interactions.

I want to see more but I thought I could still see some suction going on. Everybody who has played much Madden knows that feeling of when you lose control of your DE/OLB and ends up getting sucked into a dance with an OL.

Im also a bit worried that they don't have enough effective push animations once they're engaged especially in the interior. No I don't want DTs instantly throwing OL if they have the ratings advantage like most of Current Gen...but they should be able to drive guys back into the QB and effect the qb/velocity of the throw

# 154 N51_rob @ 10/18/13 09:06 PM
I am so disapointed. It would appear that LTs are once again GODs in pass pro, and will never be beat by the elite edge rushers they face. Honestly, I am shocked, disappointed and angry, that some issues that were legacy on current gen have been carried over to next gen.

# 155 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
This is operationsports and 2K football can do no wrong. You like madden? You're the problem or you're defending the devil. Lol
You sound like a person who is assuming they can read the minds of people over the internet.. everyone is here because we either A) Like madden B) want to like madden. I've never even played APF 2k8.

# 156 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/18/13 09:06 PM
Quote:
My point is, because someone (god forbid) wants a quality product for the $70 they would have to spend for something they enjoy, all of a sudden they become "2K Stans": for finding flaws? gtfoh.

Most of us dont care who makes a great football game, we just want a great game free of flaws. I dont care if my mom was making the game, if there are some flaws I see then Im calling it out. If she makes a great game then Im there. EA, 2K, Weird Al Yankovic...I dont care who it is I just want a great game.

And we dont call it out because we are "stans" or hate the game so can we please stop that childish s***?. I am a CONSUMER, thats what I am.

Would you buy a new car and not check anything about the damn car??? No lol

SO whats the difference here?

Thing is no game is going to be flawless. Flawless means perfect pretty much. Which isn't going to happen. Yes things can be fixed and/or be adjusted. But flawless is asking the impossible. How can you have a flawless game when humans ain't perfect. Could never happen. Heck even GTAV has a lot of flaws right now. GTAV is never going to be perfect or flawless and R* had 5 years to make GTAV. So that shows you no matter how many years a company has to work on a game. It will have its bad points. That goes for Madden even.

# 157 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Thing is no game is going to be flawless. Flawless means perfect pretty much. Which isn't going to happen. Yes things can be fixed and/or be adjusted. But flawless is asking the impossible. How can you have a flawless game when humans ain't perfect. Could never happen. Heck even GTAV has a lot of flaws right now. GTAV is never going to be perfect or flawless and R* had 5 years to make GTAV. So that shows you no matter how many years a company has to work on a game. It will have its bad points. That goes for Madden even.
Please never compared Rockstar and EA Sports and GTA5 to Madden.

The ratio from flaws to things gotten correct is not even close.. GTA5 is a MASSIVE game with so much going on and I rarely have things happen that take me completely out of the immersion. There are bugs in GTA5 of course. The online didnt work well for a few days. If EA was on Rockstars level of quality we wouldn't even have to be concerned about what Madden 25 will be on next gen.

For Rockstar to do what EA does a MAJOR part of GTA5 would have to be completely broken as ar many many parts of Madden's game..

# 158 NBASLAM2001 @ 10/18/13 09:09 PM
I apologize if anyone was offended with the term 'stan'. On other forums posters almost react to it like a term of endearment lol.

# 159 PantherBeast_OS @ 10/18/13 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
You sound like an idiot.. everyone is here because we either A) Like madden B) want to like madden. I've never even played APF 2k8.
Bro no need for name calling. It's rude to do that. Let's keep this on topic please.

# 160 wordtobigbird @ 10/18/13 09:10 PM
Quote:
I apologize if anyone was offended with the term 'stan'. On other forums posters almost react to it like a term of endearment lol.
Don't worry about it, people take things however they want to take them. We all here for some videogames.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.