Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K14 next-gen video from FranchisePlaySports, which not only shows the GameSpot video at a higher resolution, but it also shows some never seen before screenshots.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Goffs @ 10/24/13 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondorampage9
You're kidding right?
He does have a point since 2k has always been feel first to notice the changes....

# 42 iNolaNightmare @ 10/24/13 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I was wondering if there'd at least be the ability to age the MyPlayer before beginning MyGM. As if it weren't strange enough to be running a real team with a completely fictional figure, it'd be even more bizarre to see a brash superstar you were using for MyCareer (complete with stars shaved into his head) also leading contract negotiations with Corey Maggette.
This thought preoccupied me all day!

# 43 sactown_13 @ 10/24/13 05:01 PM
Guy from OpSports took 2 out of 3?? represent

# 44 Sundown @ 10/24/13 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
On the lob to Bogat the bench's reaction is PRICELESS...all in all this game looks beautiful and I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

P.S. the scoreboard and screen wipes look amazing
Hilarious that Kent Bazemore was unimpressed for both Klay and Bogut's dunks.

# 45 Sundown @ 10/24/13 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
I always rolled my eyes at Wishlists where little kids would say they wanted a house, girlfriend, car etc. for their MyPlayer, but last night my general impression on Twitter was that they're aiming to become Grand Hoops Auto.

I do feel sim is going to die soon, as the masses don't care about that, and 2K have clearly catered to the masses, with all this RPG stuff.

The only thing that I've seen that could be called "Next-Gen Sim" is the way the new Point of Emphasis feature works, but even that is a revamp of a feature on 2K10.
Just because they add RPG elements and emotional elements (which is actually sim when implemented properly) doesn't mean they're doing away with the underlying sim basketball. It's gotten better each year. Mike is still involved with the sim gameplay.

I don't understand the fear mongering over things 2K has always made effort on just because they add features that don't appeal to some of us.

Online is bad, and the VC centric nature of things is concerning, but seriously, what's one scrap of evidence that 2K is going away from sim gameplay in its base basketball engine and making NBA Jam? Pretty much everything they've done is heading towards more depth and realism, including all the trappings of MyGM.

Their most egregious sin is removing Practice Plays, but that's more a function of their VC/stats centric way of measuring what modes to cut -- but the plays themselves have improved, so again, more sim.

I don't-like-this-mode-so-not-sim is really a non-sequitor.

# 46 BluFu @ 10/24/13 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
is it just me or does that look nothing like curry
he looks too mature and not 'baby-faced'

# 47 Sundown @ 10/24/13 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
he looks too mature and not 'baby-faced'
Something off about his mouth area, and his eyes are a little too deeply sunken. Same with Bogut.

Really wish they didn't capture Curry and Lee on noshaving-until-playoffs beard days.

Lee looks straight up like Ben Affleck from Argo.

# 48 reptilexcq @ 10/24/13 07:05 PM
Of all the animations that 2K put into the game, I am surprised they didn't capture the animations of a PG looking up the other end before receiving an inbound pass. PGs in the NBA always ALWAYS does that whenever a basket is made and they had to get the ball inbound and before they do that, THEY ALWAYS tend to look the other way to see if any DEFENDER is around him before receiving the inbound pass from his teammate. Since 2K has always been very detail about everything...i am surprised they left this out since the creation of NBA2K game! I wouldn't pick on this if they didn't add so many subtle animations in the game.

If you watch an NBA game, you will know what i am talking about. Every time other team scored a bucket, the PG quickly look the other end to see if anybody is around him before receiving the ball from inbound. If 2K want to be detail about it which i figure they are having put in ridiculous amount of animations in the game, this is a no brainer.

# 49 Brian_OS @ 10/24/13 07:14 PM
OS winning 2 of 3 games... Of course! Nice video can't wait!

# 50 youvalss @ 10/24/13 10:51 PM
Looks good. Also liked the scoreboard; looks TV-Network-like + nex-gen-tech'ish = great.

# 51 reptilexcq @ 10/24/13 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Looks good. Also liked the scoreboard; looks TV-Network-like + nex-gen-tech'ish = great.
Yea i like the scoreboard as well...it looks slick and cool. In fact, it looks so appealing that i don't care if they have TNT or ESPN replacing it next year lol.

# 52 CookNBA03 @ 10/25/13 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
THAT RAY ALLEN PIC THOUGH:

EDIT: No. 99 on the bottom picture looks like a cros between LeBron and DeMarcus Cousins, and he's looking at the guy in the white jersey as if he was thinking,"Your haircut looks so stupid."
Is that guy created? Will created players look like that? So many questions in so little time!

# 53 SouthBeach @ 10/25/13 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Hilarious that Kent Bazemore was unimpressed for both Klay and Bogut's dunks.
I hope at least one of these makes its way into 2K14 or 2K15:

I don't think anyone in the league has better bench celebrations than Baze, haha.

# 54 SouthBeach @ 10/25/13 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
LMAO why'd they get so hype off a bad shot?

Because eff Blake Griffin - that's why, hahaha!

# 55 alaska2k3 @ 10/25/13 04:26 AM
Not going to lie, Steph Curry reminded me of the Goomba from the old Super Mario Bros movie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

# 56 Rain816 @ 10/25/13 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
Who 2K wants to fool saying this is not a port? C’mon! Besides the improved faces, this is exactly the same game as current gen, even have the same commentary…. How can nobody notice that? Woa! Is like 2K is king, and untouchable, so everyone keep saying the same, this is the SAME GAME as current gen, only improved faces and scoreboards and resolution.
Then go buy that crap fest called live

# 57 Sundown @ 10/25/13 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
LMAO why'd they get so hype off a bad shot?
Because:

1. Blake Griffin.

2. It's a parody off DeAndre Jordan's bench celebration when Blake posters someone.

3. Blake Griffin.

# 58 GisherJohn24 @ 10/25/13 05:33 AM
One day you think a developer can ever make a realistic looking crowd? They have no excuses now.

# 59 GisherJohn24 @ 10/25/13 05:36 AM
If you can't watch the video in HD its hard to see what really shines

# 60 MarkWilliam @ 10/25/13 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
Would like to see Thompson back peddling/side stepping instead of running away from Curry, cause the run away causes the stupid cut back animation you see at the end there, which in turn causes issues when trying to pass the ball to him.
It looks like he starts to side step until Curry starts his sprint (which I wouldn't do if I were using the ball handler - hate turbo abuse....)

It is apparent its coded to emulate the user (ball handlers) speed.....

Nice point out on this one JasonWilliams55 - if 2K just tightened up on little things like this moving forward (ie; bring in a quicker side step animation) then the game will slowly edge closer to real life appearance.....god knows they've closed the gap between video game and real life dramatically already!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.