Home
NBA 2K14 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K14 screenshot comparison of Kevin Durant, Ray Allen and Kobe Bryant current-gen vs. next-gen.

Game: NBA 2K14Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 98 - View All
NBA 2K14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 alaska2k3 @ 10/25/13 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childish7

Guys, the newest image looks absolutely nothing like the caps of the OMG trailer. I hope 2k is using the last 2 because those look perfect. The first one looks like a completely different cyberface to me.
Could it possibly be the lighting of the court or maybe a glimpse of the emotion engine at work? The facial expression doesn't seem relaxed. I held my phone to my waist and looked at the the Durant comparison photo and the right seemed eerily realistic. I can understand the discrepancy that others here are discussing regarding how accurate Durant looks. I've always felt that Chris Paul's model steadily declined as the series on the current gen went on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

# 62 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/25/13 02:10 AM
Agreed . I think the Durant pic was just a bad angle. He's spot on in the trailer

# 63 MarkWilliam @ 10/25/13 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska2k3
Could it possibly be the lighting of the court or maybe a glimpse of the emotion engine at work (facial expression doesn't seem relaxed)? I held my phone to my waist and looked at the the Durant comparison photo and the right seemed eerily realistic. I can understand the discrepancy that others here are discussing the how accurate Durant looks. I've always felt that Chris Paul's model steadily declined as the series on current went on.

One thing I have found, the facial expressions (while great to have in the game) is that I find if a screen cap is made during one, it can make cyber faces look less like the real life counter part......

E.G: I think the OMG trailer Durant was PERFECT! And this one is good, but not as perfect. He isn't making much of an expression in this one, lighting may also be a factor, but yes, finding that the expressions make a slight difference....

Also when LeBron would pull an expression at the beginning of the OMG trailer, he looked "chubbier" than usual....

Just the expression I think....

Looks great though I. Absolutely amazed, can not WAIT!

# 64 TeeDogg @ 10/25/13 03:08 AM
im pretty sure what everyone is referring to when they talk about Lebrons face looking fat at times is just him blowing air through his lips. ive even noticed it in current gen, but its not as noticeable.

# 65 alaska2k3 @ 10/25/13 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
One thing I have found, the facial expressions (while great to have in the game) is that I find if a screen cap is made during one, it can make cyber faces look less like the real life counter part......

E.G: I think the OMG trailer Durant was PERFECT! And this one is good, but not as perfect. He isn't making much of an expression in this one, lighting may also be a factor, but yes, finding that the expressions make a slight difference....

Also when LeBron would pull an expression at the beginning of the OMG trailer, he looked "chubbier" than usual....

Just the expression I think....

Looks great though I. Absolutely amazed, can not WAIT!
I agree. I imagined the chubby appearance to Lebron's face was 2K's way to depict him wearing a mouth guard - reminds me of this photo of him walking away during a timeout in the gameplay video -

If that's the case, the annual "Little Things" thread would be quite refreshing to read though, especially with the attention to detail 2K has put forth in this game according to multiple sports gaming articles.

# 66 balljonesjr @ 10/25/13 04:59 AM
This may seem trivial but wouldn't it be cool if as players change hair styles and accessories the game updated it all in all 915 can't come any sooner

# 67 d23x @ 10/25/13 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balljonesjr
This may seem trivial but wouldn't it be cool if as players change hair styles and accessories the game updated it all in all 915 can't come any sooner
Not trivial at all. They actually promised player art updates for current gen, and never followed through.

# 68 Goffs @ 10/25/13 07:21 AM
Someone mentioned that Bosh needed a longer neck.....man they weren't kidding...

# 69 RangersCruz @ 10/25/13 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Agreed . I think the Durant pic was just a bad angle. He's spot on in the trailer
All of the Pics of KD on next gen look great idk what ya'll are nitpicking at

# 70 DWades House @ 10/25/13 09:03 AM
Next gen wins easily, and they FINALLY got Durant right after 6 years

# 71 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/25/13 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
All of the Pics of KD on next gen look great idk what ya'll are nitpicking at
Who is y'all ? I'm not nitpicking I said on the first page it looks great. But obviously this pic looks a little different it's just the angle looking that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Looks good to me.

# 72 d23x @ 10/25/13 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Someone mentioned that Bosh needed a longer neck.....man they weren't kidding...

Yeah, that was me. His neck looks too smushed down, CG was actually better. No huge problem with it though.

# 73 IrOnKoBe @ 10/25/13 11:44 AM
Kobe this gen looks better I can't tell the difference with Allen kd looks good

# 74 _-King-_ @ 10/25/13 02:33 PM
The problem is that still images don't do the next-gen justice. The real difference is in player reactions and how faces animate differently every second. Current gen the player's faces are stiff and almost look like the original Max Payne in comparison.

# 75 Sundown @ 10/25/13 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
Ray Allen does not approve

Just occured to me that's the same face he makes here:

# 76 Childish7 @ 10/25/13 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska2k3
Could it possibly be the lighting of the court or maybe a glimpse of the emotion engine at work? The facial expression doesn't seem relaxed. I held my phone to my waist and looked at the the Durant comparison photo and the right seemed eerily realistic. I can understand the discrepancy that others here are discussing regarding how accurate Durant looks. I've always felt that Chris Paul's model steadily declined as the series on the current gen went on.

See, I am thinking that the right side of the first image is an entirely different cyberface than the bottom two images. The facial hair in the bottom two doesn't connect like it does in the newest one. The goatee and the mustache are separate in the bottom two which are the ones that to me look a lot better. I just hope they use that one.

# 77 Sundown @ 10/25/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childish7

Guys, the newest image looks absolutely nothing like the caps of the OMG trailer. I hope 2k is using the last 2 because those look perfect. The first one looks like a completely different cyberface to me.
You're right. They do look pretty different. I wonder if new heads are actually easier to do with their head scanning system.

Could we get a better Curry and Lee please? One without beards and Lee looking like Argo Affleck.

# 78 NvME @ 10/25/13 05:29 PM
Looks great. Funnily enough, we'll be looking back at these images of 2K14 on the XB1/PS3 five years from now in disbelief of how bad they will look in comparison of the games to come. This generation is going to be amazing graphically.

# 79 TexasFan2005 @ 10/25/13 06:33 PM
Just like I did in '05, I'll probably be spending a lot of my spare time these holidays looking at slow-motion replays.

2k!!

# 80 Eman5805 @ 10/25/13 06:55 PM
I think the next thing we'll start to see 2K take on is muscle tone and definition. Making the people that are ripped look ripped.

I mean, the faces? When you can go straight to the source, sit them down in the face scanning booth, Matrix head jack, I don't know what it is device? Maybe it's an easier process. Aside from logistics, I mean. Let them work on other things.

I'm still geeking out over them going after things like color temperature in the lights. Next you'll tell me the pyrotechnics will leave a noticeable haze in the air that'll add a brief hazy filter on everything for the bit of the game.

Two players I can't wait to see is Blake Griffin and Chris Paul. They've never looked right aside from PC mods.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.