Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

QJB checks in with his final Madden NFL 25 next-gen video. Hopefully EA Sports will start showing true gameplay on a standard camera angle this week.

Thoughts?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jpdavis82 @ 11/04/13 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
They can't. It's the exact game that's on current gen. I honestly just don't think they have the talent. And if they read this and get mad, I don't care. Prove me wrong, do something incredible for a change. I've never seen a more lazy half hearted unpolished attempt to make a game than Madden. Is pathetic.

It isn't even football. It's

Its

MADDENBALL
It's not the same game as current gen, people need to get off of that. If it isn't what you want fine, but don't sit and talk about how EA lies and do it yourself.

This is from a conversation I had with a friend on Twitter who talked to a Xbox representative at a Xbox one pre release kiosk in Maryland.

@69TossPowerTrap: @jpdavis1982 Had a nice conversation about the nextgen madden with one of the Xbox Representatives

@69TossPowerTrap: @jpdavis1982 I asked him without being biased towards working for Xbox & he told me I could careless long as I get paid

@69TossPowerTrap: @jpdavis1982 He said the game looks crazy I asked about gameplay if physics was respected in the game he said people will be Wowed

@69TossPowerTrap: @jpdavis1982 You will be very happy and he said I'm a 2k football guy but they are trying to get it right on nextgen !

So take that for what it's worth but next gen is definitely not the same as current gen.

# 102 msdm27 @ 11/04/13 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It's not the same game as current gen, people need to get off of that. If it isn't what you want fine, but don't sit and talk about how EA lies and do it yourself.

This is from a conversation I had with a friend on Twitter who talked to a Xbox representative at a Xbox one pre release kiosk in Maryland.

@69TossPowerTrap: @jpdavis1982 Had a nice conversation about the nextgen madden with one of the Xbox Representatives

@69TossPowerTrap: @jpdavis1982 I asked him without being biased towards working for Xbox & he told me I could careless long as I get paid

@69TossPowerTrap: @jpdavis1982 He said the game looks crazy I asked about gameplay if physics was respected in the game he said people will be Wowed

@69TossPowerTrap: @jpdavis1982 You will be very happy and he said I'm a 2k football guy but they are trying to get it right on nextgen !

So take that for what it's worth but next gen is definitely not the same as current gen.
YEPP! There's the proof

# 103 jpdavis82 @ 11/04/13 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
I love how you think Madden 15 is going to blow people away because of he said she said stuff... All your faith is being put in what people are saying. You should learn actions matter, not words. People can promise you the world, but if they can't give it to you then it's just words.
As far as M15 it's coming from someone I know I can trust, like I said, everything he's ever told me was accurate, I have no reason not to trust him.

# 104 Lilgoosy @ 11/04/13 10:10 AM
to me, what matters is that i think they understood what's important.

imho the fact that they are focusing on things pretty related to real football like steps, line plays and stuff is the correct way to enter a new era of gaming.

the game is obviously an improved port, and people must live with the fact that it will be a small improvement.

people tend to destroy a game or celebrate it, no halfway because halfways are difficult to accept and we prefer to exceed but to me, this time, at least they are focusing on what it's worth.

this guy who made those 4 videos ..please..leave him alone!! i think he wants a good football game like everyone here does, but he can do only what EA let him to do and public the kind of videos they want him to.

can we just say that we need to try the game before demolishing it?

i heard nothing but positives about madden 25 CURRENT GEN and the game sucks i'm about to sell it, so maybe we can hope next gen will be good based on all the hate it is getting?

# 105 jeremym480 @ 11/04/13 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Then next year at this time, will we hear "just wait til Madden 16!! You guys will be blown away!" ??
Yep. Plus, Madden 15 is going to be on a short dev cycle, so they already have a built in excuse for why the game will looks so much like Madden 25. Over/under on the "maybe next year" answer from the devs come next Spring-Summer is set at 255 (Madden 25.5).

# 106 Jet Sufferer @ 11/04/13 10:15 AM
Quote:

So THIS is the information that has inspired a 1000 posts about Madden 15 blowing us away!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

If that's all it takes to get you on the hype/spam machine you sure are a cheap date! God forbid Tiburon sends you an Ignite hat we may never hear the end of Madden 15.

I think you actually may have talked yourself out of becoming a Game Changer, even EA and Tiburon have to blush at your defense of them and the game.

Although I would like to hear your 30 minute acceptance speech while choking back tears of joy upon receiving that honor of a lifetime.

I've got a good opening for you:

JP - Thank you everyone, I'd like to open by quoting Lou Gherig:

Today...
I consider myself...
The luckiest man...
On the face of the earth...

# 107 jpdavis82 @ 11/04/13 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
So THIS is the information that has inspired a 1000 posts about Madden 15 blowing us away!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

If that's all it takes to get you on the hype/spam machine you sure are a cheap date! God forbid Tiburon sends you an Ignite hat we may never hear the end of Madden 15.

I think you actually may have talked yourself out of becoming a Game Changer, even EA and Tiburon have to blush at your defense of them and the game.

Although I would like to hear your 30 minute acceptance speech while choking back tears of joy upon receiving that honor of a lifetime.

I've got a good opening for you:

JP - Thank you everyone, I'd like to open by quoting Lou Gherig:

Today...
I consider myself...
The luckiest man...
On the face of the earth...
LOL no that had nothing to do with M15, that conversation was about that rep and his hands on experience with M25 next gen. My optimism for M15 comes from someone I trust and who has seen the plans and a preview of the M15 game in person and regularly talks to Rex and Clint, I'll leave it at that.

# 108 Jet Sufferer @ 11/04/13 10:35 AM
Quote:
LOL no that had nothing to do with M15, that conversation was about that rep and his hands on experience with M25 next gen. My optimism for M15 comes from someone I trust and who has seen the plans and a preview of the M15 game in person and regularly talks to Rex and Clint, I'll leave it at that.
That makes my point even better then. That small piece of information is what led to your Madden 25 Next Gen is going to "blow us away" tirade???

Now we have to read 1000 more breathless posts about Madden 15 blowing us away based on third hand information and mostly based on Rex and Clint's PLANS.

Then you'll see they were only able to get a small part of their plan and/or vision in for 15 and you'll start the whole process going for 16 based on some exciting little tidbit/rumor/speculation/3rd hand information/hearsay. It will never end.

# 109 jpdavis82 @ 11/04/13 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
That makes my point even better then. That small piece of information is what led to your Madden 25 Next Gen is going to "blow us away" tirade???

Now we have to read 1000 more breathless posts about Madden 15 blowing us away based on third hand information and mostly based on Rex and Clint's PLANS.

Then you'll see they were only able to get a small part of their plan and/or vision in for 15 and you'll start the whole process going for 16 based on some exciting little tidbit/rumor/speculation/3rd hand information/hearsay. It will never end.
Man I'm not even going to explain the truth to you, apparently you already know everything. That Twitter conversation about M25 next gen happened two days ago, so no that was not why I thought M25 next gen was going to blow is away. You assume a LOT.

# 110 jeremym480 @ 11/04/13 10:48 AM
What happened to "heel jp" that I saw a couple of weeks ago?

What got you back on board or did someone hack your OS account or something?

# 111 SageInfinite @ 11/04/13 10:53 AM
Yall gotta let JP live man, lol. His enthusiasm isn't hurting or insulting anyone. Just be patient. If Madden 15 is trash we can dedicate a thread to trashing him . j/k

# 112 Gjordan @ 11/04/13 10:54 AM
The million dollar question is " Just how many development cycles is it going to take"? We were told 13' and 25' was setting them up to be ready for NG and now we are already talking about 15' and 25' isn't even in our hands. Before 15' ships we will be talking about what they will get right in 16' and bla bla bla bla bla.... I really appreciate the new guys efforts but this is a dryer that continues to go arooound and arooooound and arooound.

# 113 Jet Sufferer @ 11/04/13 11:02 AM
Quote:
Man I'm not even going to explain the truth to you, apparently you already know everything. That Twitter conversation about M25 next gen happened two days ago, so no that was not why I thought M25 next gen was going to blow is away. You assume a LOT.
Truth is you said Madden 25 Next Gen was the game that was going to "blow us away", truth is you said it MANY TIMES, it was almost a mantra. Now by your own admission - YOU WERE WRONG. Truth

And now you're going to start with Madden 15 is going to blow us away?!

Why should anyone listen? Truth

# 114 Gjordan @ 11/04/13 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yall gotta let JP live man, lol. His enthusiasm isn't hurting or insulting anyone. Just be patient. If Madden 15 is trash we can dedicate a thread to trashing him . j/k
JP is the voice of one crying in the wilderness. JP has a lot of heart and I personally appreciate his enthusiasm. It's encouraging!

# 115 Jet Sufferer @ 11/04/13 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
"Heard it from a friend who....
Heard it from a friend who....
Heard it from another M15 will blow us away...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ENCM70xr0

For those who didn't get your reference

# 116 Mr_Riddick @ 11/04/13 11:15 AM
Quote:

# 117 jpdavis82 @ 11/04/13 11:15 AM
I'm just going to make a Bash JP thread, y'all have a nice day.

# 118 Mr_Riddick @ 11/04/13 11:21 AM
Quote:
C'mon JP..

# 119 AmericasTeam @ 11/04/13 11:42 AM
Quote:
You know what guys, I have just as many issues with the game as anyone here, but it's not right to ride JP like we're doing. He's optimistic about the future of Madden and there's nothing wrong with that. Also, he's not part of the dev team so why all the grief? He does a lot for the community here at OS so let's cut him some slack.

Sometimes I wish I had his outlook instead if letting it irritate me as much as it does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 120 Lilgoosy @ 11/04/13 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I would be on board if the steps weren't so minimal. It seems like they only worked on a small subset of the game, and the stuff they worked on was minimally implemented. Only 1 or at most 2 of 22 on the field get True Step? How do you implement a feature this way?
yeah i guess you are right...well at this point i don't know what to say..

let's put it that way; at least they are not confusing us with flashy trailers and amazing graphics that they cannot afford, and they are being realistic about what they think the improvements gonna be. hope so

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.